Usairways Employee

Let me just remind you fine folks that in 17 years with US, I have seen NO overall increases in my contract. EVERY contract has been concessionary...EVERY. So, know-it-alls, we too know what sacrifice is. How dare you people mouth off about something you know nothing about. It takes 2 parties to negotiate a contract. When US went into Chapter 11, they were in such a hurry to come out that they failed to address issues that many of you speak of. Management FAILED to address those, labor and non-labor.

Alot of the high labor cost stems from the inability to implement a plan that will utilize maximizing the employees the most. For the last 15 years labor has been trying their best...pain stakingly to get the company to run more efficiently, so don't shout about how "brainwashed" we all are. Management brainwashed themselves into believing that they could continue their "high cost perks" and million dollar parachutes by continuing the tired genre of the employees somehow making too much while stuffing their own pockets. NOW they are transforming after all these years. They failed to listen to us, so can you understand WHY some may be a little bitter?

As far as bitter, I will challenge any of you to follow me around on a 4 day trip. I work here..you don't, so none of you have a right to say such ignorant things. US employees have dealt with mismanagement for so long, yet I have seen the superior...and yes SUPERIOR ways the majority of our employees treat our customers. There are always a few bad apples in a group...always.

I currenty make about a buck more an hour at US than an AWA f/a. Hardly high cost.

May I suggest that before you guys come on hear and run your fat mouths that you will consider that all of our companies have thousands of employees. Most are wonderful people who have opinions and like me, can and DO get angry, whether on this board or to our friends. I would like to think that this board doesn't reflect how people treat their customers, but many times a place to vent.

But to bash people in your own industry is sick. I can remember ALOT of dark moments at America West. I never saw the kind of buzzard flying remarks when you guys about choked 2 or 3 times. Please show the same respect to us...AND, instead of believing newspaper rhetoric, you might actually get brave and talk to the employees of US Airways before you label us like one person speaks for 28,000.

And I add, Please do not give me the patronizing remarks people on this board love to do like, "take a chill pill, man", You guys crossed the line. And you pissed me off and guess what? That's ok and the sun is still shining.

PS It's cloudy over here, but the sun is still peaking thru. (see pic)

HPearlyretiree said:
Amen, HP has a good thing going, and nothing good would come of picking up US, their pissed off employees, their contracts, retirees, and outstanding benefit costs. Once US goes Chapter 7, they can apply and get on the bottom of the seniority pole.
Who is to say they would have to pick up all the perks that UAIR employees have right now? They could make the purchase and bring the employees into your existing contracts fall where they may.

There will not be a merger between US and AWA. There could be a codeshare between the two but definitely not a merger.

mweiss said:
Yeah, and imagine what HP could do with US's assets. HP already knows how to compete against WN. Adding the US stations to the network would give excellent national coverage
[post="145977"][/post]​
Hello, I've read the last several posts, I agree with them, I meant that you guys would pick the pieces!!!!! It is now the end of August, and we here at U are about at the end of our rope, and I see on another thread that your new rumor is expanding to CLT!!!!!! My original post from March seems to have some validity!!!!! I will be leaving the industry regardless of what happens here at U, so good luck to all of you!! If U goes under(which I believe they will) They have very lucritive assets that will be taken!!! GOOD DAY!!

MrAeroMan said:
Who is to say they would have to pick up all the perks that UAIR employees have right now? They could make the purchase and bring the employees into your existing contracts fall where they may.
[post="156396"][/post]​

PERKS ???????????? If any UAIR employee is getting perks he or she certainly must wear shiny pants, because IF YOU WEAR YOUR NAME ON YOUR SHIRT AND YOUR NOT ON A BOWLING TEAM, YOUR NOT GETTING...... PERKS !

linemech.

US gave their reservation agents a proposal through CWA--their union--and wanted to drop their wages to HP scales. Hummmm wonder where they got the numbers though--they told CWA that HP agents are making about $.80 more than we really are---but looks like they're coming down to our scale. However, HP gives incentives where US doesn't. One thing though has anyone looked closely at the changes to medical coverage for next year. Is everyone in the company going to be paying the same premiums???? Seems flight attendants and pilots make more than res and we have to pay these much higher costs. Take a careful look at percentage paid for surgery. Co pays going up and medications going up too.

Here's the rumor that was floating around here for awhile. Frontier and America West might merge; and once USAirways was done the resultant combined carrier might pick up some of our vacant slots, gates, and if we were lucky, employees. An America West-Frontier-USAirways combination was supposibly going to accomplish what a USAir-Piedmont-PSA combination never did. Blanket the USA from coast to coast. It might work for ya'll. Too bad we probably won't be around to see it. Good luck.

Back