VBR numbers for MCIE?

2ndgenAAer

Jul 24, 2008
What is the general opinion of the recently offered VBR package to the TWU represented employees at the MCIE base? :rolleyes:

What is the general opinion of the recently offered VBR package to the TWU represented employees at the MCIE base? :rolleyes:
[12.5 wont change those old pig farmers, most of them are already retired, they will stay in the shops which is a retirement club, if they had to work the wing mods or the maui mods they would be gone, to much work for them, the shops in MCI are at AMT wages not OSM. So if I see 10 early outs that will be a lot..................

[12.5 wont change those old pig farmers, most of them are already retired, they will stay in the shops which is a retirement club, if they had to work the wing mods or the maui mods they would be gone, to much work for them, the shops in MCI are at AMT wages not OSM. So if I see 10 early outs that will be a lot..................
[/quote]
Don`t worry, with the new contract the "retirement" shops will be osm in mci too... :D

Not sure why they would take it considering they don't get the $12.5k, only the 13 weeks of pay.

BTW per jetnet...
<_< ---- AMFAMAN, It was brought to their attention that our local perceived the 12.5K, as originally offered, as being highly discriminatory! And it seems they (AA) may have had a change of heart and are now offering the 12.5 to us also. ------"American has entered an agreement with the TWU that includes a VBR program that will be offered to employees at certain locations. Please keep in mind that the VBRs will be granted based on location, criticality, skill set, and seniority, in accordance with workload plan, regardless of protection status." Signed by: Cleveland, Martinez, and Martins. Dated July 23,2008.-------- I know that statement has more loop holes than a peace of swiss cheese, so we'll have to wait for clarification.

<_< ---- AMFAMAN, It was brought to their attention that our local perceived the 12.5K, as originally offered, as being highly discriminatory! And it seems they (AA) may have had a change of heart and are now offering the 12.5 to us also. ------"American has entered an agreement with the TWU that includes a VBR program that will be offered to employees at certain locations. Please keep in mind that the VBRs will be granted based on location, criticality, skill set, and seniority, in accordance with workload plan, regardless of protection status." Signed by: Cleveland, Martinez, and Martins. Dated July 23,2008.-------- I know that statement has more loop holes than a peace of swiss cheese, so we'll have to wait for clarification.

That is fact as of today, recieved the memo. Basically anyone 50 and over with 15 years is eligible

Also heard they were going to let you cash out your sick time at full pay?? Anyone else hear if that's true or not.

:unsure: ------- We've got one ol'boy here with 41 years of perfect attendance!!!! :shock: ------ And no Bears, it's not me!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder if this is AA's last ditch effort to afford the ex -Twa guys and gals an out with a few and I mean a few nickels in their pocket? My understanding is if they close the doors to MCI there is no system protection therefore no 12,500 to relocate. Either way it is a shame the way corporate america treats people who have given the best years of their life working only to be ushered out in this manner. Whatever unfolds go out with dignity.

I wonder if this is AA's last ditch effort to afford the ex -Twa guys and gals an out with a few and I mean a few nickels in their pocket? My understanding is if they close the doors to MCI there is no system protection therefore no 12,500 to relocate. Either way it is a shame the way corporate america treats people who have given the best years of their life working only to be ushered out in this manner. Whatever unfolds go out with dignity.
<_< ----- Hey 2ndgen! You've got MCI closed aready! So far, not going to happen! Let's wait and see how this all plays out before you say your "Rest in Peace " speech!!!! O.K.? :huh:

:unsure: ------- We've got one ol'boy here with 41 years of perfect attendance!!!! :shock: ------ And no Bears, it's not me!!! :rolleyes:

41 years of perfect attendance? Sounds like an extremely troubled individual.

Probably keeps a neat and orderly workbench also. (grin)

Latest posts