Virgin America $

laura62

Advanced
Aug 21, 2003
A frined of mine on furlough with AA (TWA) is looking to hire on with another airline. She believes that she will never be recalled to AA before her preferntial recall time runs out.

She is interested in learning the starting pay and pay scale of Virgin America.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I did hear (line rumor) that raises are based on "merit".

A frined of mine on furlough with AA (TWA) is looking to hire on with another airline. She believes that she will never be recalled to AA before her preferntial recall time runs out.

She is interested in learning the starting pay and pay scale of Virgin America.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I did hear (line rumor) that raises are based on "merit".

The chief pilot was asked face to face at a meeting about the merit based upgrade. He acknowledged that someone hired after you could upgrade before you. Its was obviously an uncomfortable question for him. You will also have to resign from AA. No leaves, no contract, very vague work rules. You complain and Mr. brown nose upgrades before you or you could be fired for a bad attitude or mentioning organizing. Upbeat place to work but operationally they are way behind the power curve. Great brand name, some real fun crews, lots of gay but pleasant employees and a super CEO that must resign soon due to the DOT. Starting pay $2500 month in training, $44 hour F/O, $95 Capt. No company retirement $ the first year, then 3% match, no stock options, no profit sharing. 5 days vacation year one. Go to airline pilot central.com for other benefits. With the cost of living in SFO, you will join us in the food stamp line or find yourself a sugar daddy. Branson will never show you the money, but will show you a good time. Union on property by 2009 if not sooner.

The chief pilot was asked face to face at a meeting about the merit based upgrade. He acknowledged that someone hired after you could upgrade before you. Its was obviously an uncomfortable question for him. You will also have to resign from AA. No leaves, no contract, very vague work rules. You complain and Mr. brown nose upgrades before you or you could be fired for a bad attitude or mentioning organizing. Upbeat place to work but operationally they are way behind the power curve. Great brand name, some real fun crews, lots of gay but pleasant employees and a super CEO that must resign soon due to the DOT. Starting pay $2500 month in training, $44 hour F/O, $95 Capt. No company retirement $ the first year, then 3% match, no stock options, no profit sharing. 5 days vacation year one. Go to airline pilot central.com for other benefits. With the cost of living in SFO, you will join us in the food stamp line or find yourself a sugar daddy. Branson will never show you the money, but will show you a good time. Union on property by 2009 if not sooner.

I know most people don't want to believe it but there is a published seniority list. Upgrades are only done on seniority. There is a group of a dozen or so F/O's that will upgrade when they get 1000 hours on the bus. Their seniorty is fixed starting at about #105.

So, we are way behind the power curve because? I've been flying here since day one and I have not heard one person mention the need for a union. After the union work rules I had at my last major airline, I'll take this anyday.

I don't know about their payscale, but as they keep adding planes and flights, I would believe there is a lot of room for growth with VA. VA just announced SFO-SAN starting in February.

$8 difference (UA is $8 less) from SFO-JFK 1/11/08-1/14/08.
Worth it for a 'direct flight'.
Virgin didn't show up on travelocity or other travel websites.
Is this a direct website buy like Skybus?

[ . Upgrades are only done on seniority. .

Huh, imagine that. Seniority, as in DOH? Dont let the Westies know that they will want your seat. :lol:

Yeah, too bad Fred Reid is a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Way to show some class. Attack the CEO. Why don't you tell us all what Fred did to you to make you so miserable? Some of you WN folks are drinking a little to much Kool Aid for your own good.

Way to show some class. Attack the CEO. Why don't you tell us all what Fred did to you to make you so miserable? Some of you WN folks are drinking a little to much Kool Aid for your own good.

I'm not miserable, I just happen to think the guy is a tool. Thank goodness he will be forced out in a few months. (That is, if Branswad keeps his word)

I'm not miserable, I just happen to think the guy is a tool. Thank goodness he will be forced out in a few months. (That is, if Branswad keeps his word)

That's it. You think the guy's a tool. You either have anger issues or your just a dick.

I've been flying here since day one and I have not heard one person mention the need for a union. After the union work rules I had at my last major airline, I'll take this anyday.
[/quote]

Professionals don't need unions and if the Airline industry was a brand new invention today it certianly would not have unions or ever develope towards them. More likely a professional orginization Like Drs, Laywers, Realtors.