Vp-1, Kr-2, And Affordaplane Plans

FM2436

Veteran
Jan 8, 2003
I've come to the conclusion that the only way I'll ever be able to own an inexpensive airplane is to build one myself.

I ordered, and have received, my VP-1 plans and was very disapponited at how little instruction accompanied the drawings. It looks like there is no logical order in which the plans are presented which leaves the builder to determine what is built first, second, third, and so on. Has anyone else had this impression of the VP-1 plans and building process?

I have also recently ordered a set of plans for the Affordaplane ultra-light. Looks like a simple aircraft to build with better detailed plans than the VP-1. I also like the idea of building with aluminum as opposed to wood because I don't have the enclosed space that requires temperature and humidity control necesssary for wood.

Finally, has anyone received plans and has built either the KR-1 and 2? I always liked that aircraft and have wanted to purchase the plans. However, with the disapponitment of the VP-1 plans, I'd hate to purchase KR plans, only to be disappoint again.

Back