War on Women

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to trot out the employment figures that reflect the furlough of government workers as a result of the shutdown. I must admit that "war on women" angle gave me a chuckle.

You do realize those numbers released today include all those furloughed during the government shutdown.

"In September, according to the BLS, the female civilian labor force was 72,705,000. In October it dropped to 72,492,000a decline of 213,000."

You don't suppose that that number of women out of the 800,000 furloughed accounts for that number?

It is also nice to see that you will use the government BLS numbers when attempting to make your case, yet call them lying BS when they don't fit your narrative.

Female employment and minority employment have both been going down at higher rates than overall job numbers consistently under Obama. Also the wealth inequality has grown more under Obama. In otherwords women and minorities are wosre off under this president and the rich are just getting richer. I just wish the media headlines reflected that truth. I saw two headlines regaurding the job numbers today. "Obamacare not hurting job growth" & "Obama said sequesture defenitly hurt job numbers". Now which was it?

Reactions: 1 person
UPNAWAY said:
Female employment and minority employment have both been going down at higher rates than overall job numbers consistently under Obama. Also the wealth inequality has grown more under Obama. In otherwords women and minorities are wosre off under this president and the rich are just getting richer. I just wish the media headlines reflected that truth. I saw two headlines regaurding the job numbers today. "Obamacare not hurting job growth" & "Obama said sequesture defenitly hurt job numbers". Now which was it?
Wealth inequality mirroring a drop in female and minority employment? There is a shock.

They are worse off under this president? Compared to what, or whom?

The income disparity gap did not magically start on Obama's innauguration day. Some of the programs (infrastructure) that have been consistently blocked by the House would greatly improve blue collar job growth.

Are you retreating from the OP that the job numbers released today show a war on women?

Meh

Glenn Quagmire said:
They are worse off under this president?

Gasp! Blashemy! Dare not indulge even the possibilty for so much as an instant!

"Are you retreating from the OP that the job numbers released today show a war on women?" Perhaps, in your momentary heresy, clearly shown by ever even asking such a question; you missed a key word from your very own post = TODAY....?

Glenn Quagmire said:
I

It is also nice to see that you will use the government BLS numbers when attempting to make your case, yet call them lying BS when they don't fit your narrative.

You're playing smoke and mirrors here Glenn.....you know damn well you and others from the darkside use selectively picked BLS numbers to fit your narrative.

Reactions: 2 people
Republicans keep shooting them selves in the head regarding women.

State rep Jodi Laubenberg said that they (Texas) fund rape kits to 'clean you out' as a reason to no exempt abortion in the case of rape and incest. I guess women can be ignorant about rape and incest as well.

Then AZ rep Trent Franks pulls a Todd Akin and says that the incidence of pregnancy from rape is very low. This in front of an all male GOP judiciary committee.

This is why the GOP will not get a majority of women voters anytime soon. Reagan invited the religious right into bed and this is what it got you.

Glenn Quagmire said:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to trot out the employment figures that reflect the furlough of government workers as a result of the shutdown. I must admit that "war on women" angle gave me a chuckle.

You do realize those numbers released today include all those furloughed during the government shutdown.

"In September, according to the BLS, the female civilian labor force was 72,705,000. In October it dropped to 72,492,000a decline of 213,000."

You don't suppose that that number of women out of the 800,000 furloughed accounts for that number?

Did you see the article about how Obama lied about UE figures right before the 2012 election?
If I remember, you were crowing over the accuracy of those reported numbers then.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-faked-2012-election-jobs-report/

Mediaite reports that CNN's Dana Bash and NBC's Kasie Hunt went for the jugular immediately upon hearing that Huckabee had supposedly gone off on women in general with respect to their inability to control their libido. Here are the tweets that Bash and Hunt put out as the so-called story unfolded:
dana-1.jpg

kassie-1.jpg

What a horrible thing to say! Unfortunately for Bash and Hunt, Huckabee didn't say that.

Ber5piLCEAAvyrN.png

http://www.caintv.com/media-jumps-all-over-huckabee