was there a death on the cooler?

Slamdunk

May 15, 2020
24 hours since Trump’s taxes revealed he is 1) a national security risk, 2) A tax evader and 3) likely going to jail after he is out of office.

and this forum is silent? C’mon! i lurk here for the varied opinions. even NHBB is silent, so , i ask, did someone die?

hope not.

Sorry. One of the weak spaces in this forum is an inability to care about foregone conclusions. Once that tax information starts appearing in the media no one can work up a head of steam over which particular Federal prison is going to come into play especially with no effective rebuttal from the Donald Trump camp (People just aren't buying the "Fake News" rhetoric anymore when there's actual documents to look at). And with only two $750 advance reservation payments so far, you can bet it won't be one of the Federal resorts with a golf course and the like.

24 hours since Trump’s taxes revealed he is 1) a national security risk, 2) A tax evader and 3) likely going to jail after he is out of office.

and this forum is silent? C’mon! i lurk here for the varied opinions. even NHBB is silent, so , i ask, did someone die?

hope not.
Aren't we all tax evaders? I try to never pay more than I legally have to. I imagine you do the same.

no, I don’t do the same.
Tax avoidance is honest use of tax laws to minimize your tax burden.
Tax evasion carries a minimum of five years in prison.
Trump is being accused of the latter.

1601413658688.png

no, I don’t do the same.
Tax avoidance is honest use of tax laws to minimize your tax burden.
Tax evasion carries a minimum of five years in prison.
Trump is being accused of the latter.
Evasion or avoidance. Same thing. No one wants to pay more. There’s plenty of legal ways not to pay. Trump was just using the laws others created.

lol true that!

if you had a patriotic cell in your body, you would want to pay your fair share.

Nothing says the military is for “suckers and losers” louder than defunding it by not paying your fair share. actions are louder than words.

$750 on $7.5 million! that’s ten minutes of flight time for a Blackhawk!

The "$750 tax" lede was a lie to begin with.... If you actually read the NYT article, he had a tax liability in the millions, and legally available tax credits wiped that out.

Who here wouldn't take the deductions or tax credits allowed by law?

(anyone who says they wouldn't pay as little as was legally possible is a liar as well....)

NYTTax.jpg

Last edited:
The "$750 tax" lede was a lie to begin with.... If you actually read the NYT article, he had a tax liability in the millions, and legally available tax credits wiped that out.

(anyone who says they wouldn't pay as little as was legally possible is a liar as well....)

View attachment 15485
Great...Trump is allowed to deduct business losses. And his losses were so great over so many years that the tax laws allowed him to pay only $750. But....with all those losses...why in the hell do people think he was a "successful businessman"?

Great...Trump is allowed to deduct business losses. And his losses were so great over so many years that the tax laws allowed him to pay only $750. But....with all those losses...why in the hell do people think he was a "successful businessman"?

I'm guessing reading isn't your strong point.

He invested $200M of his personal funds into the renovation of the Old Post Office. For that, he got a $9.7M tax credit.

No different than Joe Sierra Club investing $100K into a solar panel roof, batteries, etc. and getting a $25K tax credit.

Well, actually it is different because the tax credit for the solar would be ~25% and he only got 4% back on the Post Office project...

View attachment 15485

Thanks to the Republican party’s tax cuts that Trump signed off on, all this middle class, non-exempt, American can do is claim the standard deduction. I actually pay a litle more each year.

But you think Trump gets to write everything off? and you believe he can write everything off legally? And you think it is the correct thing to do? do you think this while he spends every weekend golfing at one of his properties while charging the secret service regular rates for room,board and golf cart rentals? do you? do you think , at least maybe offer a discount? $750 gets you one night at Bedminster.

Thanks to the Republican party’s tax cuts that Trump signed off on, all this middle class, non-exempt, American can do is claim the standard deduction. I actually pay a litle more each year.

But you think Trump gets to write everything off? and you believe he can write everything off legally? And you think it is the correct thing to do? do you think this while he spends every weekend golfing at one of his properties while charging the secret service regular rates for room,board and golf cart rentals? do you? do you think , at least maybe offer a discount? $750 gets you one night at Bedminster.

If a write off or tax credit is in the tax code, it's legal, and you'd be a fool not to use it. You know damn well if there was a problem with the exemptions and credits being claimed, someone in the IRS would have been all over that years ago. Yet they haven't said a word.

Standard deduction works great for us, but that's because our local taxes are well under the SALT cap.

Obama went golfing a lot, too. Did anyone question who got paid for golf carts and rooms?

Yeah, didn't think so.