Water boarding Al Qaeda style

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I do not think anyone is disputing that they are violent. How does the fact that the US tortures affect their actions? That is like saying the death penalty in the US is effective. We have the highest per capita murder rate in the world IIRC.

Negotiations with Al-Queda will not work in my opinion. There is no one person in control to negotiate with. We need to be working on cutting off funding for them. Unfortunately, given our dependence on oil and our governments unwillingness to break that reliance and our unwillingness to get rid of the SUVS/light trucks and build more efficient homes …etc I do not see the problem stopping. Dropping bomb and all the other BS that is being done is not working. We are not fighting a centralized government. There is no head to chop off.

Wow, not sure where I got my info from but I thought we were higher.

Regardless, the death penalty has not proven effective.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I do not think anyone is disputing that they are violent. How does the fact that the US tortures affect their actions? That is like saying the death penalty in the US is effective. We have the highest per capita murder rate in the world IIRC.

Negotiations with Al-Queda will not work in my opinion. There is no one person in control to negotiate with. We need to be working on cutting off funding for them. Unfortunately, given our dependence on oil and our governments unwillingness to break that reliance and our unwillingness to get rid of the SUVS/light trucks and build more efficient homes …etc I do not see the problem stopping. Dropping bomb and all the other BS that is being done is not working. We are not fighting a centralized government. There is no head to chop off.

So we should just set back and let them attack us relentlessly?

Your absolutely right about no one to negotiate with, because this is non-negotiatable.

Unless you ride a bicycle or walk, quit with the 'our dependence on oil' mantra. Your no different than the rest of the gluttons of this country!

How about going after the countries which fund the terrorist? You know like Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran? Opps Can’t do that because without them, we will have to ride that bike. And know I do not mean to attack them.

Yep, death penalty works great, even on those who are innocent. You are aware that countries like Germany, England .. etc do not have the death penalty but countries like China, Saudi Arabia do have it. Nice company we are keeping don’t you think?

Actually I think I am quite different than most. I limit my driving and plan it out when I do. My house has solar screens on E/W windows, I added 1 foot of insulation, sealed all my ducts, upgraded my AC unit to a 19 SEER. I recycle everything that I can. My tires are properly inflated, and the car is tuned on a regular basis and it passes emissions every time with flying colors. Neither of us drives a SUV. My car get 22 MPG and I drive very little and my wife’s car gets over 30. If I could afford a new car I would get one but given the pay cuts it is cheaper to maintain mine in working condition.

As for being wrong on info, that is something you are quite familiar with so I apologize for intruding into your domain.

Probably like most everything else you post, you pulled it out of your arse! :blink:

Bullsh!t....Its very effective, those executed never commit another crime!

Local,

Very Good post Sir :up:

Take Care,
B) UT

(But I am Biased... :p )

Yep, death penalty works great, even on those who are innocent. You are aware that countries like Germany, England .. etc do not have the death penalty but countries like China, Saudi Arabia do have it. Nice company we are keeping don’t you think?

Yea and I bet you the crime rate in places like Saudi and China are lower. you get caught stealing and they cut your GD hand off!

You wanna cozy up with a child molester then move your liberal arse to England or Germany!!!!

Sharia Law in England a Good Thing ;)

I really thought McCain grew a back bone. I guess not. Till a few days ago he was against torture. So in order to get conservative backing he caves and votes against the bill giving the excuse that there are already bills that prohibit it. Apparently the boss of his party does not share the same opinion.

And to think I was starting to like him.