We have tickets to London for July on AA.

We intended on purchasing travel insurance anyway. Does anyone know if it would be helpful under the current circumstances? Should we hold off?
Just my own opin as i have purchased travel insurance for my past trips i think its a good thing to have. I cant say to hold off but i wld recommend keeping up to date with virus info esp since its nearly as bad there as its in the us n things cld change

Just my own opin as i have purchased travel insurance for my past trips i think its a good thing to have. I cant say to hold off but i wld recommend keeping up to date with virus info esp since its nearly as bad there as its in the us n things cld change
Thanks

Thanks!

As I understand it (no promises...I was a flight attendant with American. I was paid to be cute, not smart.:rolleyes:) American has a free exchange offer up to/close to departure time. Double check that with AA ticketing. And, I would still purchase the insurance. I've always purchased travel insurance for International travel. The peace of mind is worth every penny.

As I understand it (no promises...I was a flight attendant with American. I was paid to be cute, not smart.:rolleyes:) American has a free exchange offer up to/close to departure time. Double check that with AA ticketing. And, I would still purchase the insurance. I've always purchased travel insurance for International travel. The peace of mind is worth every penny.

Thank you, I will do that.

Forgot to mention...Be sure and check that insurance does not include any "gotcha" exclusions. For instance, does not pay if cancellation is due to public health concerns (see also, coronovirus:mad:)

Last edited:
Forgot to mention...Be sure and check that insurance does not include any "gotcha" exclusions. For instance, does not pay if cancellation is due to public health concerns (see also, coranovirus:mad:)
Forgot to mention...Be sure and check that insurance does not include any "gotcha" exclusions. For instance, does not pay if cancellation is due to public health concerns (see also, coranovirus:mad:)
Excellent advice, thank you!

Thanks to everyone for your help. We held off on both, assuming that we could purchase insurance later, and eventually the flight was cancelled. We received a full refund from AA no questions asked.

Latest posts