"We keep you alive to serve this ship!"

autofixer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I wanted to start a new thread discussing what I think describes why LCC management does the things it does: 1.We exist to serivce the debt. 2.If we service the debt on time the stock price goes up and management gets to cash in their opitions.

Don't worry about the long range prospects of LCC, get the stock price up and cash in. Let someone else worry about the long range problems. The current management won't be here anyway. (I am on my 7th CEO in 19+ years)

1.RJs on heavy routes: Air Wisconsin...we exist to service the debt owed to them.

2.100 seat RJs all over the fruited pain: Mesa stuck with us so we exist to service our debt to them. Besides, we can fly routes cheaper with them and free up more cash! Who cares about the long range ramafications, management will be on the beach by then.

3.Poor customer service: We cannot hire too many employees, we must service the debt.

4.E170s at Republic: Remember that these machines were purchased with funds that would have been used for employees terminated retirement plans. Now the machines were sold...to service our debt. Customer service problems with Republic, see No.s 2 & 3 above.

5.The only debt not serviced is to the employees...they should simply be thankful that they have a job!

What do you think? :(

I didnt realize there was a requirement for posting. Please fill us in as to what those requirements are so those of us who fail to meet those requirements will refrain. Give us a break o mighty one!

The troops are getting restless.

USAirways management need to start to consider their employees, and fairly negotiate these transition agreements.

Employees need to have an incentive in their wages in order to meet the needs of their families.

Enough sacrificing already....its time to place some 'snap backs' into all the groups wages.

The troops are getting restless.

USAirways management need to start to consider their employees, and fairly negotiate these transition agreements.

Employees need to have an incentive in their wages in order to meet the needs of their families.

Enough sacrificing already....its time to place some 'snap backs' into all the groups wages.

PB,

I treasure you dearly, and what you're saying is true.

But it's not gonna happen.

It seems to me US WANTS a temporary workforce, and low wages achieve that.

It's a great way to manage quarterly earnings to make Wall Street happy, but it's a lousy way to run a company for the long-term.

For comparison/contrast, I give you WN/US.

Who's managing for the long run, and who's trying to run up the stock to cash the options in?

Be glad you're out of it, sister. They don't deserve you.

Autofixer,

Glad to see I'm not the only cynic regarding things US.

Well said!

The nail has been hit on the head.

And those with their heads in the sand will never acknowledge it or just refuse to believe it.

Compare how the Southwest employees are treated to the US employees. Compare how Southwest (THE LCC) runs their operation as compared to ours. Compare the bonus money management takes out of U vs. what the management takes out of LUV.

But the bottom line is that the employees are not going to stop the nonsense unless and until they band together and demand to be treated as assets and not liabilities.

And that does not fit into the Parker "LCC" plan. We get what we accept. And we accept crap.

pilot

The nail has been hit on the head.

And those with their heads in the sand will never acknowledge it or just refuse to believe it.

Compare how the Southwest employees are treated to the US employees. Compare how Southwest (THE LCC) runs their operation as compared to ours. Compare the bonus money management takes out of U vs. what the management takes out of LUV.

But the bottom line is that the employees are not going to stop the nonsense unless and until they band together and demand to be treated as assets and not liabilities.

And that does not fit into the Parker "LCC" plan. We get what we accept. And we accept crap.
pilot

I agree,in part, and the old core is still intact. I pray that Parker and co are not easily influenced by misguided egotistical BS. I may suggest that the railway labor act is becoming out dated.
The Europe model of unionism is, by far, superior to the craft and class system of the US. IMHO

I agree,in part, and the old core is still intact. I pray that Parker and co are not easily influenced by misguided egotistical BS. I may suggest that the railway labor act is becoming out dated.
The Europe model of unionism is, by far, superior to the craft and class system of the US. IMHO

DP doesn't care. He's got the union busters Ford and Harrison and Glass at the negotiating tables.

We all know why.

DP doesn't care. He's got the union busters Ford and Harrison and Glass at the negotiating tables.

We all know why.
Negotiators don't bust unions. Scabs from the outside and cowards on the inside bust unions.

I guess I don't understand this thread. Parker has been at AWA longer than most of the current crop of airline execs. He hasn't sold any stock. The board approves the stock options, not Parker. The airline industry has forever changed to become a thin-margin commodity and this airline, like most has chosen to mortgage itself to the hilt and rely on cash-flow to survive. There are no ways to add sufficient value to the product to recoup their costs, so the luxury of yesterday is a memory. The only thing that can done to raise the margin to yield any increase in wages is to increase productivity and that is constrained by the hub and spoke system, the location of hubs and to a lesser extent protections in the current CBA's. RJ's were the crack cocaine of the industry in the early 2000's and now they are trying to get clean, but their "pushers" (the fee-for-service providers)are holding the long-term contracts that the airlines thought could help them in their quest to eliminate ALPA, IAM, AFA, etc. Now there isn't enough gap between the regionals and the mainline costs to make the RJ's pay. So the E-190 comes out as a hybrid: mainline pilots at regional wages.

So, it's time to get over it and realize it's never going to be 1994 ever again. The airline will survive in the current environment in whatever way it can, but it must not be overburdened and then criticized for being unable to compete with WN.

Why be insulting? It's quite unbecoming and smacks of the arrogance I've come to expect from Airline Executives.

I found his points to be interesting and coming from the rank & file it's probably represents the views of many.

It's like the old story UPNAWAY, a corporation is like a tree full of Monkey's. The ones at the top see nothing but smiling faces, the ones at the bottom have a VERY different view.

I could not have said it better, myself.

I, too, have many questions that would, by those taking "soma", consider to be non-issues.