We Want Our Local Back.

Oct 22, 2013
With Little and Don gone the only thing that has changed is the Names of the People. We still have a small group of guys making decisions that the membership DONT want. We asked for Our Local back. We were told  that Jim and Don forced this on us and now the 591board likes it this way. The 591 board also said this is whats best.I would love to know how the board would be acting if they had not won. You guys all would be running around having a fit to get our locals back.

We use to have monthly meetings. The board felt that this was too much for them and took that away.

We use to have the ability to make a Motion and have a chance to VOTE on it a month later.That was taken away and 
now Its seems that if the board dont Like the Motion it just gets kicked to the curb.We are still waiting on a answer for motion that was made here in Miami. 

We use to be able to read the Union Board at work. That was taken away because some one decided that we can just put it on the internet
and that was good enough.That  was also done without letting the members decide if that is what WE wanted.

Bob I had respected you because a LOT of people in Miami told me you was a stand up guy. That is not what those same people are feeling Today. I hope you dont take this as an attack. Please try to remember how you felt when Jim and Don was making decisions without letting the Locals have a say.What is the difference in what you guys are doing today. 

JIm and Don are Gone. Its time to stop blaming everything on what they did and step up and do whats right. Give us our Local back. I dont want to hear that the smaller Locals are better off. Thats up to them if they was to stay under Local 591. WE asked to Have Miami back and there is not one reason not to give it back to us. Do whats right and let the PEOPLE decide what is best for us. If the smaller locals want to stay together let them. We made a Legal Motion and it was never voted on or even addressed. That makes you guys the same as Don and Jim (FACT).

Most people dont have the balls to be on this site under there real names. I give you that respect. Please step out of your own shoes and remember how you felt when Jim and Don did things without the Locals permission. A very small amount of people voted to put you guys in.Most of us didn't waste our time because we didn't think it was going to make a difference. So far you guys are proving us to be Right. 

Reactions: 6 people
Is this why there is a AMFA drive going on now at DFW?
People getting fed up.
Maybe the FSC can look into the IAM or CWA......
If it's that bad seems change might be in order.
To be honest the IAM is not much better.

Reactions: 3 people
Welcome to the NEW TWU. The TWU has to keep up with the NEW American.
Hopefully we will get the TWU ousted in the coming months.
One may criticize AMFA but they are a CRAFT union and have locals throughout the system. They represent the members and are held accountable. Unlike the appointed untouchables with one line local who can do anything they want and we have to live with it.

Reactions: 5 people
AANOTOK said:
Hey WeAAsles, you know the troll who started this thread??
I think  it's from Miami.
I don't think "newbie" with 9 posts and a lion picture would give me any idea? Although what he wants with the Baker letter gone in full on the maintenance side, is going to help him get his local back I wouldn't call him a troll.

You stop by and take shots at folks on a message board then disappear, yes, my definition of a Troll.

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK from the beginning I listed my True Name but I guess you didn't take the time to look. My Name Is LARRY DAVIS  and YES I am from Miami. Why dont you come down to meet me and find out what type of person you just called a troll. as a matter of fact why dont you state your real name and I will come to you. 

It is sad as hell that I get called name for stating the truth. what the hell are you talking about 'You stop by and take shots at folks on a message board then disappear, yes, my definition of a Troll.'  I got enough balls to state my name and I dont run form NO body.  looking forward to meeting you. Now lets see who is the TROLL

AANOTOK  If you dont have the balls to put your real name out. I guess you must be one of the Local 591 Board Members or one of there flunkies. 

Please tell me ONE thing I stated that was not the TRUTH. I will be waiting. If you can't show one thing that I said to not be the TRUTH. That will let everyone on this board know you are either part of the Board or just one of there Flunkies. 

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles   All I am asking is give us MIAMI Local back. The Baker Letter has nothing to do with it. If the smaller locals cant afford to be on there own then they can stay with 591. We put a LEGAL monition in to go back to a single Local. I can't understand why that would be a problem. The answer to that motion was never given to us from the Board. I asked the  question and Bob Owens was the only one to respond on this board and what he told me you can read for yourself in my 1st EVER post. 

For this AANOTOK to attack me for asking a simple question and stating a few FACTs. I very wrong. I have been VERY involved with trying to fix this Union. I been Vice Pres. 1st Vice Pres. Temp President . Exec Board Member and Chief Shop Steward and so no and so on. So for any one to attack me for expecting people to do the right thing once they are in office . I did. 

Instead of arguing about the best way to organize the locals of the crappiest airline union around, why not simply collect enough cards to fire the bastards?   

Reactions: 4 people
FWAAA I have Signed a AMFA card each and Every Time. I believe in letting the members Vote. What every or Who ever. I also believe in trying to fix what we have. I just dont believe in Knocking anybody unless they are doing something wrong.

Hey, Truth, remember this quote..."I guess I hurt some one feelings by saying if you can't tell people who you are, then you don't have balls. Well AATONOK I am sorry if the TRUTH HURTS. But yes my BALLS are bigger than yours because I am not afraid of saying who I am. If you don't have nothing to hide you would let everyone know who you are. For what ever reason you chose to keep your real name off of this blog or another blog.You are right that is your option. Just like it is my option to say GROW SOME BALLS."

Then you disappeared for months. Your mouth gets in your way and keeps you from having any kind of dialogue.
It's obvious you are a chest pounding loudmouth who quite frankly is wasting my time...go back into hibernation. Later!

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
With Little and Don gone the only thing that has changed is the Names of the People. We still have a small group of guys making decisions that the membership DONT want. We asked for Our Local back. We were told  that Jim and Don forced this on us and now the 591board likes it this way. The 591 board also said this is whats best.I would love to know how the board would be acting if they had not won. You guys all would be running around having a fit to get our locals back.

We use to have monthly meetings. The board felt that this was too much for them and took that away.

We use to have the ability to make a Motion and have a chance to VOTE on it a month later.That was taken away and 
now Its seems that if the board dont Like the Motion it just gets kicked to the curb.We are still waiting on a answer for motion that was made here in Miami. 

We use to be able to read the Union Board at work. That was taken away because some one decided that we can just put it on the internet
and that was good enough.That  was also done without letting the members decide if that is what WE wanted.

Bob I had respected you because a LOT of people in Miami told me you was a stand up guy. That is not what those same people are feeling Today. I hope you dont take this as an attack. Please try to remember how you felt when Jim and Don was making decisions without letting the Locals have a say.What is the difference in what you guys are doing today. 

JIm and Don are Gone. Its time to stop blaming everything on what they did and step up and do whats right. Give us our Local back. I dont want to hear that the smaller Locals are better off. Thats up to them if they was to stay under Local 591. WE asked to Have Miami back and there is not one reason not to give it back to us. Do whats right and let the PEOPLE decide what is best for us. If the smaller locals want to stay together let them. We made a Legal Motion and it was never voted on or even addressed. That makes you guys the same as Don and Jim (FACT).

Most people dont have the balls to be on this site under there real names. I give you that respect. Please step out of your own shoes and remember how you felt when Jim and Don did things without the Locals permission. A very small amount of people voted to put you guys in.Most of us didn't waste our time because we didn't think it was going to make a difference. So far you guys are proving us to be Right. 

If you read Owens letter back from when the local merger was put out he was against it. Why? Maybe because he was worried about the membership system wide not voting for him. Little did he know that 75% of the new 591 membership would be so apathetic they wouldn't even vote. Most of the votes they received were more due to their ability to label the other ticket as "Team Videtich". I doubt anyone voted on issues and the 75% that didn't vote were just sick of the political blame game and jockeying for their own position off the floor and in to a lifetime officer job. 

But look at Owens, Peterson, JR, Rojas, Schiable, and Knapp now. Where are they? Not on the floor addressing member's issues. You have them writing letters, disappearing, or blaming people that aren't even there anymore. They sure did get motivated to get the 591 bylaws passed with their fat raises in them without a membership vote though. Oh wait, Bob says the International "gave" them the raises. Yeah, right. If the expended the same amount of energy and pressure on the International to get their bylaw change and raises through on equity and retiree emdical, we would have our money by now!

What has to happen, TWU or AMFA (I hope not), is that members get involved and vote the hacks out. Some are gone already that were blamed, right or wrong, for the mess we are in. The members need to wake up and steer this union in OUR direction. Get accountability and visibility for our dues. This is OUR union and it belongs to us.

We need to draft bylaw changes that strip them of their raises and directly tie it to what we all get or don't get. Submit a motion to have a report of how many hours are being paid to each officer for UBP and what we got for it. Make a motion to force officers that are on UBP to spend a significant amount that time on the floor answering our questions about equity, the BK, future plans for a JCBA, and what is happening with joining the TWU and IAM.

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
WeAAsles   All I am asking is give us MIAMI Local back. The Baker Letter has nothing to do with it. If the smaller locals cant afford to be on there own then they can stay with 591. We put a LEGAL monition in to go back to a single Local. I can't understand why that would be a problem. The answer to that motion was never given to us from the Board. I asked the  question and Bob Owens was the only one to respond on this board and what he told me you can read for yourself in my 1st EVER post. 

For this AANOTOK to attack me for asking a simple question and stating a few FACTs. I very wrong. I have been VERY involved with trying to fix this Union. I been Vice Pres. 1st Vice Pres. Temp President . Exec Board Member and Chief Shop Steward and so no and so on. So for any one to attack me for expecting people to do the right thing once they are in office . I did. 

I just read Bob's post and in many ways agree with it in parts. The main one is honestly I don't really like so many locals either. Way too many people sitting in on negotiations with all those voices. 15 people negotiating doesn't make those talks very productive IMO. I also would prefer to see Regional locals and every vote and voice carries equal weight. No more of those stupid Roll Calls only really designed to shut up the little guy in the room.

See the structure for what it is. More efficient and more cost effective.

And stop threatening each other. It sounds silly coming from 2 grown men. We're not 18 anymore and we shouldn't act like we are.