West pilots comment on East F/A's

snapthis

Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Pi brat
Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:48 AM
Pi brat

"A east F/A that went west and came back east said she was often treated poorly by some of your guys."

Not by the guys who wrote comments in a recent thread.

Here's what is being said on our AWAPPA message boards:

1. Is it me or ......? They have been more than nice, pretty and happy too be closer to home. Welcome them.
  1. The ones I've flown with have been a breath of fresh air. Very nice, respectful, well dressed, clean, properly groomed, nice, service orinted happy ladies...
  2. Same here...nice change
They have been great to work with! The ones I've worked with had great attitudes, good senses of humor, and generally have been "old school" airline people, meaning, we take care of our own! So far, great folks to work with, and they enjoy going out as a crew on long layovers.

1. I flew with one of the "junior" East f/as that came to PHX. She was great. She was friendly, fun, and had the "we are all in this together" and "we help each other out" attitude. Refreshing......not the "I don't have time to get you a cup of ice or coffee" attitude like in another thread. I usually bring food on my trips and she even offered to heat it up for me, I didn't even ask. Sure, hot food for a change.

Comments made about ones bidding back:

I did hear from one who lives very close to LAX (she was a very pleasant lady) that some of the gals who bid out to PHX have since bid back to PHL/CLT. Seems they couldn't cope with Maestro.......

Heard the same from another F/A crew in PHL last weekend. They claimed that some of the super senior east F/A's really thought anything more thaan a leg or two a day was much to intense for them. "I didn't know you worked so hard" was what one claimed she had heard. Who knows, but apparently there is a wave of people bidding back to the east as a result.

.... had great attitudes, good senses of humor, and generally have been "old school" airline people, meaning, we take care of our own!

Imagine that... That's the way it should be. I doubt you will see them taking pictures and trying to get people in trouble... Regardless of the pilot seniority issues, we are all in this together...

Reactions: 2 people
That's been my experience as well. The same goes for East schedulers, gate agents, dispatchers and maintenance. By implying that West pilots are being mean to East workgroups on goes to further the objectives of the pilot hard-liners which is separate ops.

I've got news for them, we are not going to be seperate going into this meger with AA.

Reactions: 8 people
Kirby - "NO" and you still do not get it?

We will be separate for the next 2 years at least. Until there is a joint APA/USAPA seniority list. Even then, our now defunct TA had a 12 month wait AFTER a joint contract was approved till the Company had to put out a joint bid. On the East we bid about 4 months out (next bid should be out soon for October) so settle in for the next 3 years of separate ops.

Works for me- should have about 700 retirements and medicals between AMR and the East over that time period.

Reactions: 1 person
Kirby - "NO" and you still do not get it?

We will be separate for the next 2 years at least. Until there is a joint APA/USAPA seniority list. Even then, our now defunct TA had a 12 month wait AFTER a joint contract was approved till the Company had to put out a joint bid. On the East we bid about 4 months out (next bid should be out soon for October) so settle in for the next 3 years of separate ops.

Works for me- should have about 700 retirements and medicals between AMR and the East over that time period.

Separate for the next 2 years?

Did you miss the part where East F/A's are bidding West and vice versa? I just flew with an F/A on her last week in Phoenix. She's on her way to Philly.

We are all nice! East f/a's East pilots West f/a's West Pilots. Just like in the real world, there are some bad seeds.
We cannot help this. So this thread is pretty crazy, imho. We on the East have been through many, many mergers.
Some on the West as well. Just let this stuff flow off of your back. I would say, that if those who went to the West, from the \
East are still not easy with the contract that is in place on the West for the f/a's ..... the majority of the scheduling rules are
still the same for the West until PBS. As well as Mystro (sp?) Those who left were not prepared for such changes. Remember
the West Contract was very old.... The east was as well, but scheduling rules were far better. So Please.... we are now one..
Let us get through this EAST WEST thing.... so we can start the new fight! This is over.... now we have a new battle... its
going to be with AA and our work rules versus theirs.... Cant we just get along?

Reactions: 1 person
Some of the names I have seen going west are the best of the best. I wouldn't expect anything different.

I bet that Ames and Metroyet won't have to teach them to sign-in at hotels either! ;-)