What Age To Retire With Lifetime Travel?

With FCFS there is no down-grading for retirees.

What you have in life you keep for life.

You are no lesser a person when you retire so why should you be downgraded?

Retirees get 4 SA1 passes per year which allows a traveler to fly at the top of the list for 4 one way flights. I use the SA1 on return flights from Europe and it has always worked for me apart from getting stuck in Athens due to weight restrictions that also affected paying passengers.
Either plan would be fine for me as long as there are no fees apart from taxes on international flights. What does AA charge for non rev travel to Europe and how much is it for first class?. US is free for coach and $100.00 for first class plus the taxes.

Here it's free domestically in coach with 25 years and more and about the same internationally as US. The exception here is that the surcharges are figured in point to point and by either less than or more than 25 years. Everyone in your family group gets 4 D-1s a year thats equivalent to your SA-1, I guess. Buddy passes here are called D-3 and they are listed in the point to point ( station to station ) surcharge schedule found in Jetnet.

Having come originally from TWA, which mirrors your Senority based system at US, I can say that AA system is much better for retirees because they don't lose anything in listing that they did have already.

Free domestic in coach after 5 years. After 25 years, they subtract the coach fee from first to make it cheaper. After 25, international coach is free, except taxes and fees. They also subtract the original coach fee from first to make it a little cheaper as well.

I am a little confused. One post says domestic free after 25 years and another says 5 years. I am retired US but with less than 25 years but more than 5 years. Would domestic be free for me and what fees would there be on a flight to Europe? At US, both domestic and international is free in coach apart from the taxes. Also, what would the fees for first class be for Europe?

Thanks.

I am a little confused. One post says domestic free after 25 years and another says 5 years. I am retired US but with less than 25 years but more than 5 years. Would domestic be free for me and what fees would there be on a flight to Europe? At US, both domestic and international is free in coach apart from the taxes. Also, what would the fees for first class be for Europe?

Thanks.

5 years = free domestic coach
25 years = free international coach

This has been posted a couple of times in the past couple weeks.

Thanks.

Retirees at US get screwed because they fall after active employees in standby. If the new AA adapts DOH chances are the only seat you'll get is the in the terminal and not on the plane so you shouldn't worry to much about fees.

Retirees at US get screwed because they fall after active employees in standby. If the new AA adapts DOH chances are the only seat you'll get is the in the terminal and not on the plane so you shouldn't worry to much about fees.
Not all the time retirees get 4 SA1 passes per year, which allows them to non-rev at the top of the standby list

A
Not all the time retirees get 4 SA1 passes per year, which allows them to non-rev at the top of the standby list

At AA retirees and active employees get the same deal except they're called D1s a total of four per year and for each member of your household. So again retirees at US are treated like second class citizens after having sacrificed many years of service..that's sad.

It was that way at NWA also..Retirees came after active employees

Lifetime travel is subject to the 50-55 Age Rule:

If you are at least 50 years of age, but not yet 55 years of age and have at least 15 years of company seniority at the time you separate from the Company, you can be deemed a retiree at the age of 55 if you meet retiree eligibility as defined in the retirement section of eHR.

The terms of your separation will govern the impact on your stock and other post-employment privileges and benefits (such as medical and travel).

If you leave the Company before meeting these age and service requirements, you will not be eligible for retiree status and/or privileges even though you may be eligible for pension payments benefits at a later date.

You must contact HR Services once you are age 55 in order to receive retiree status and/or privileges.

Employees who have separated from the Company by taking advantage of a voluntary exit program or by electing the 50-55 rule will be ineligible to receive a retirement gift from the Company when they decide to retire at a later date.

Eligible employees who leave the Company under the “50-55 Rule” will also be eligible for payment of unused sick time, but will not receive this lump sum payment until they retire at age 55.

The rule is also stated on page 73 of the American Airlines Trip Book:

50-55 Age Rule

As of March 26, 2003, if you are at least 50 years of age, but not yet 55 years of age and have 15 years of company seniority at the time you leave the Company, you will be eligible for retiree travel privileges at age 55. If you leave the Company before meeting these age and service requirements, you will not receive retiree travel privileges even though you may be eligible for pension payments or other types of retirement benefits at a later date. You must contact HR Services once you meet the age requirement in order to receive retiree travel. By electing the 50-55 Age Rule, you will be separated from the Company and not considered a retiree until age 55 at which time you will need to contact HR Services.