What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the same as usual. NOTHING! Lots of talk and then you better vote yes because this is the best the company has to offer, not what the union is capable of getting us. BOHICA!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
The raise is across the board under the IAM CBA.

The parity review is done per each classification so since Mechanics make more their raise will be more than other classifications.
At pre US how much difference in pay is an A&P vs Utility? Is there a link to look up the IAMs current contract? Thank you

Real tired said:
Exactly what happened in 2003, and what did you lose?

Thanks for helping a fellow coworker in the dark.
Wow, where do I start.  I don't have my old contract book with me; however, IIRC, we had 10 holidays at double time and a half.  Any OT worked over 4 hours was double time.  Day off OT was time and a half on the first day worked, and double time on the second day worked.  Pretty sure sick time accrual was at 12 days per year.  There was no half pay penalty on the first sick day called in, all days were paid 100%.  Vacation accrual was up to 7 weeks at 35 years,  6 weeks at 25 or 30 years.  Penalty hours were recognized - anything worked over 7 minutes past normal end of shift.  Longevity pay was recognized - one cent per year.  Uniforms were 10 each, and laundered.  There are more items to list, and I may be off a little on some of the items I listed - it's been awhile.  It was the best contract we ever had - thanks to the AMFA at NWA.  Anybody else have their contract book handy from 2002, can be a little more specific - have at it.

Reactions: 2 people
BigMac said:
At pre US how much difference in pay is an A&P vs Utility? Is there a link to look up the IAMs current contract? Thank you
$11.28 /hour difference.  If there's a link to the 8-18-2014 contract online, I don't know about it. Sorry.

Vortilon said:
Wow, where do I start.  I don't have my old contract book with me; however, IIRC, we had 10 holidays at double time and a half.  Any OT worked over 4 hours was double time.  Day off OT was time and a half on the first day worked, and double time on the second day worked.  Pretty sure sick time accrual was at 12 days per year.  There was no half pay penalty on the first sick day called in, all days were paid 100%.  Vacation accrual was up to 7 weeks at 35 years,  6 weeks at 25 or 30 years.  Penalty hours were recognized - anything worked over 7 minutes past normal end of shift.  Longevity pay was recognized - one cent per year.  Uniforms were 10 each, and laundered.  There are more items to list, and I may be off a little on some of the items I listed - it's been awhile.  It was the best contract we ever had - thanks to the AMFA at NWA.  Anybody else have their contract book handy from 2002, can be a little more specific - have at it.
Thanks.  Sounds just about exactly what we had and lost too.

BigMac said:
BigMac, I don't know what local you are in but I sent you a link to the IAM agreement from 514 to your inbox..

Vortilon said:
Umm. Don't forget the 17% CUT IN PAY!!!!!!!

BigMac said:
The US contract is posted on the local 591 website. Not sure about other locals.

cltrat said:
everyone why?
Because it is a question to ensure I fully understand. Parker in two different Town Hall's used the Highest paid mechanic as an example. Don't you deserve it also? That is also a question, it is why I used a question mark.

dfw gen said:
The jump seat privileges that never seemed to materialize like share gain.
After all the arguing back and forth on the jumpseat privileges it finally cane out that the flight department does not want us in the flight deck jumpseat. So forget about the FAA or TSA or management being the ones to forbid AMT'S from riding FDJS for personal travel.

1AA said:
After all the arguing back and forth on the jumpseat privileges it finally cane out that the flight department does not want us in the flight deck jumpseat. So forget about the FAA or TSA or management being the ones to forbid AMT'S from riding FDJS for personal travel.
and again we roll over and say ok.

1AA said:

Yet FDJ is okay for dispatchers after their 12 weeks of night school training.  But hey, if you're on a field trip - an exception is made, and suddenly it's okay for an AMT to ride FDJ - if the main cabin is full - no thanks.

BigMac said:
Does Delta have machinist, welders, Platers, OSMs, part washers and a/c cleaners? If so are they all under M&R?
yes and yes. (note our OSMs are called ASMs(Aircraft Support Mechanic) but my understanding they do the same things) 

All the cleaners as well as the people that work in the warehouse (at the hangar) are called MUEs (maintenance utility employee) They all fall under TechOps. 

BigMac said:
I'm thinking the Delta + 7% is based off of the Delta A&P mechanic line scale and nothing else. I don't see the TWU/IAM raising the "& related" group up the same %. Our current TWU contract doesn't have everyone in title 1 going up the same. If the mechanics receive $1 raise in September ..the OSMs get $.75, cleaners $.50. These aren't exact #s but close enough.
We don't have a Line scale. 

We have an AMT scale then depending on your department/job you have premiums added to your pay. So even guys who are welders and inspectors are on the same scale as me, they just get a premium added for their skill. (and FWIW we have people who work in the hangar that get the line premium.)  

We also have a scale for ASMs, MUEs and stores.  

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts