What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall several years back when a union drive was started at Delta, the overhaul AMT'S with no licenses were getting license premium. When the knock on the door came for a union drive Delta came flat out and told those guys that if they go union they will lose their premium. It worked. So to try to figure out Delta plus 7% may not be as easy as one thinks. If things are still the same at Delta their overhaul guts get premium and ours do not. Speaking of OSM, SRP, AMTO, or whatever name the company and union agreed too

1AA said:
I recall several years back when a union drive was started at Delta, the overhaul AMT'S with no licenses were getting license premium. When the knock on the door came for a union drive Delta came flat out and told those guys that if they go union they will lose their premium. It worked. So to try to figure out Delta plus 7% may not be as easy as one thinks. If things are still the same at Delta their overhaul guts get premium and ours do not. Speaking of OSM, SRP, AMTO, or whatever name the company and union agreed too
I have never heard that. Won't say its not true but I don't know of any AMTs that do no have at least one license OR are a conehead. (errr and some of the painters are AMTs but a locked in to the paint hangar unless they get at least one license). AFAIK, right now, we do not have any AMTs in the hangar that don't have an A&P. 

Our ASMs work in the hangar (and back shops) with the AMTs but have their own pay scale. 

The threat around here is the day we go union is the day the time clocks come back in. Lot of people wouldn't vote in a union just because of that. 

Vortilon said:

Yet FDJ is okay for dispatchers after their 12 weeks of night school training.  But hey, if you're on a field trip - an exception is made, and suddenly it's okay for an AMT to ride FDJ - if the main cabin is full - no thanks.

Don't forget too that Dispatchers can also ride on other airlines jumpseats as well as their own if they are in CASS which most of them all are. Are you sorry you became an A@P yet? I know I am. Atleast we at big purple can ride our own FDJ as A@P's . Oh and when I worked at NW I refused to ride the cockpit on a roadtrip I said you want me there kick off a paying pax. If I am not welcome to ride up there for personal business then I am not welcome any other time.

Reactions: 2 people
Let's not be distracted by jumpseast prilige, that's something that the APA and APFA secured for themselves years ago. Yes it's irritating hearing pilots and FAs saying those are their seats.

At the next townhall meeting when a USair FA complains about non rev policy. I would like to see a FSC, gate agent or AMT, ask that the entire non rev policy be revamped with ALL employees allowed access to FA jumpseats like JetBlue and ALL AMTs and pilots allowed access to FDJ like SWA. And ALL employees can vote on new policy.

Anyway I expect new contract to pay 7% above a delta AMT, not a 7% bump for entire ASSOCIATION pay/benefits package added up for entire work force equal to deltas work force.

bigjets said:
Let's not be distracted by jumpseast prilige, that's something that the APA and APFA secured for themselves years ago. Yes it's irritating hearing pilots and FAs saying those are their seats.

At the next townhall meeting when a USair FA complains about non rev policy. I would like to see a FSC, gate agent or AMT, ask that the entire non rev policy be revamped with ALL employees allowed access to FA jumpseats like JetBlue and ALL AMTs and pilots allowed access to FDJ like SWA. And ALL employees can vote on new policy.

Anyway I expect new contract to pay 7% above a delta AMT, not a 7% bump for entire ASSOCIATION pay/benefits package added up for entire work force equal to deltas work force.
You know what, I think its great your so optimistic about how this jcba is going to turn out. But a word of advice, expectations only lead to disappointment and frustration, as I've said before , do yourself a favor and don't expect anything, that way when it happens it wont come as a big shock.

DallasConehead said:
You know what, I think its great your so optimistic about how this jcba is going to turn out. But a word of advice, expectations only lead to disappointment and frustration, as I've said before , do yourself a favor and don't expect anything, that way when it happens it wont come as a big shock.

Exactly!  Didn't a Int'l TWU rep say that at one time?

[SIZE=13.5pt]Number two across the board[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Good news from the latest Department of Transportation operational numbers. Among our large U.S. airline peers, which include United, Delta and Southwest, the DOT’s Aug. 5 report shows us in second place month-to-date in D-0 (58.9%), A+14 (77.2%) and completion factor (99.0%). Thanks for all you’re doing to take care of our customers and each other.[/SIZE]

This is being reported in the JETWIRE dated Friday August 7, 2015. Why is it that either we are not being averaged this September with all of our Airline competitors? or Our former Representatives that created the current bankruptcy contract failed to have the need to use all of these in their position at the bargaining table?

Well what we do know is Peterson has no backbone and is all talk. The entire board needs to be replaced by reputable members who show integrity. Our current board is corrupt and needs to go now

DumpTWU591 said:
Well what we do know is Peterson has no backbone and is all talk. The entire board needs to be replaced by reputable members who show integrity. Our current board is corrupt and needs to go now
How are they corrupt, and who are the members of integrity that you wish to replace them with?

What is your name so I will know to vote for you when you run for President, because based on your internet bravado you obviously would of gotten us a $60 an hour contract by now and got rid of the association that refuses to do anything.  I had no idea that the union writes the paychecks at American.  You sound like another Miami break room badass that I have to listen to everyday.  Let me guess, you did your part and signed a card to get rid of the TWU and did nothing further.  Although I do fear your Trump style leadership, because you are definitely not paying attention to what has been talked about at the meetings where the association runs the show, and the internationals run the association.  I give Petersen credit for at least having the balls to push the company and the internationals on getting us a contract, because he can't because we failed to get rid of the TWU or the association when we had the chance.  What part of it is your fault too, do you not understand?  

Reactions: 1 person
ASSociation Clown said:
I agree with the whole twu and association part.  This dumper guy is now attacking the one guy who is calling them all out.  I figure the dumper has to be in management or the international to do that.
Just exactly, how is Peterson calling out the international?

Peterson is one local president of several from both sides of the association. Unless they are all on the same page we will see no progress from within the association let alone from the company. Haven't we learned enough over the years that we are about to get screwed again?

1AA said:
Peterson is one local president of several from both sides of the association. Unless they are all on the same page we will see no progress from within the association let alone from the company. Haven't we learned enough over the years that we are about to get screwed again?
Exactly and I'm pretty sure they all think Peterson is and idiot. M&R is not an island, there are lots of other entities in the ASS.

DallasConehead said:
Exactly and I'm pretty sure they all think Peterson is and idiot. M&R is not an island, there are lots of other entities in the ASS.
My point exactly. We all have to realise that there are more players in the game now since the association was created. This Association turned out to be worse instead of better for the members. Yet we have guys thinking we will do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.