What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Peterson put the muzzle on Bob. Opinions, dislikes, likes, anti International, anti association, etc etc etc...at one time flew pretty freely. Just curious.

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK said:
Has Peterson put the muzzle on Bob. Opinions, dislikes, likes, anti International, anti association, etc etc etc...at one time flew pretty freely. Just curious.
I see quite a few scenarios regarding the association and the contract talks in general.

First, is Petersen doing whatever he can to stonewall to make the association look like a failure? Or does he want this to move forward?  If not, why not tell us what is going on between the TWU and IAM BEFORE demanding the company offer?
Then again, he is ONE OF TWELVE negotiators....Does he have VETO power? It sounds like Petersen is calling the shots.........Is he or in't he? He has on many occasion repeated that we have a contract until 2018...Does he have an agenda that is not what the membership desires? 

Second, are the talks between the IAM and TWU so secretive because they don't want to let the cat out of the bag? Have they made agreements that they don't wish the membership to find out at this point in time? Or are they miles apart? If so, again I ask "WHY NOT INFORM THE MEMBERSHIP?"

Lastly, does the company truly want a contract sooner rather than later?  Does dragging it out make it better or worse for them? Better or worse for the union?

Whatever the reasons are, it is the members that are affected by this. I do believe that the membership wants a contract with vast improvements and increases in salary. The question is are we willing to demand action from leadership rather than accept bravado rhetoric and inaction?

The sad reality is that this association "AIN"T GOING AWAY!"  So let's demand answers and actions from them..

Well, good luck demanding anything from any of them. Petersons goal has been to discredit the union/association since the begining even at the memberships cost. Lombardo doesnt give a damn about any of us either.

700UW said:
Tim Regan from the IAM is in charge of M&R negotiations.
Okay....The let's not blame Peterson for contract talks like many did with Bob Owens....
If GP is NOT in control, then Regan is the one to point fingers at.

DallasConehead said:
Well, good luck demanding anything from any of them. Petersons goal has been to discredit the union/association since the begining even at the memberships cost. Lombardo doesnt give a damn about any of us either.

There ya go!  That's why I posted the scenarios.....

Let's not let Peterson dictate what the members want. I understand he will be going on tour to the 591 stations. Let him answer the questions directly without getting away with saying nothing!
The membership does not want to made pawns in this game.

DallasConehead said:
Just exactly, how is Peterson calling out the international?
It seems like GP and all the other AMT local presidents made themselves a pain to the international until the INT decided shut the locals down. Gives me the impression that our old local presidents over played their hand. Makes me believe that is why the 2008 contract extension and 2010 contracts were undermined by the presidents themselves.

I get the impression that our presidents were more worried about maintaining the populist rhetoric instead of listening to the economist our union hired, and giving the membership a more realistic position we were in. But at least they were in office right up to the time the international took away the locals. I do believe that the presidents had our best interests at heart though.

700UW said:
Tim Regan from the IAM is in charge of M&R negotiations.
Good, I like how the IAM does their HW and 3% raise every year past amendable date. Plus let's not forget their contract was better then ours after going through two bankruptcy's. It also doesn't seem like the IAM sacrifices the line in favor of OH.

He is in charge of the TWU committee, Tom is in charge of all negotiations.

The IAM is in control for the first two years.

700UW said:

Yes, I see, so the IAM has the contract the are somewhat satisfied with ? The TWU is lacking at least in lets say Holiday's what happens now?

Does the TWU represented members get the same as the IAM or will the IAM members be satisfied with less?

How about starting negotiations before we miss any possible window of opportunity.

Oh wait if you are at the internatonal level negotiations mean nothing you are already WELL compensated.

Reactions: 2 people
Let's all relax and try and maintain a positive attitude. No Union has done well the past decade, now if we don't get a good contract this time there should be holy hell risen. Remember it was our presidents that turned down a contract extension in 2008 and it was us the membership that voted down the 2010 TA. both would have given us raises in a very shakey economy.

I don't see any reason to not give the association a chance. No reason to believe the union is out to screw us over. Yes I can think of a lot of things myself that would contradict that statement, but what hurt one guy, probably did a lot of good for some other guy. Except for keeping 14% of our equity.

700UW said:

So how about an UPDATE on what's going on between the TWU and the IAM?

dfw gen said:
How about starting negotiations before we miss any possible window of opportunity.

Oh wait if you are at the internatonal level negotiations mean nothing you are already WELL compensated.
Better yet, how about an UPDATE on what's is going on between the TWU and the iAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts