What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigjets said:
Let's all relax and try and maintain a positive attitude. No Union has done well the past decade, now if we don't get a good contract this time there should be holy hell risen. Remember it was our presidents that turned down a contract extension in 2008 and it was us the membership that voted down the 2010 TA. both would have given us raises in a very shakey economy.

I don't see any reason to not give the association a chance. No reason to believe the union is out to screw us over. Yes I can think of a lot of things myself that would contradict that statement, but what hurt one guy, probably did a lot of good for some other guy. Except for keeping 14% of our equity.
We have no choice but to give the association a chance as we were denied a vote in they're BECOMING an association.
So, what do you say they start by giving us an UPDATE on what is going on between the TWU and thew IAM for starters?

Buck said:
Yes, I see, so the IAM has the contract the are somewhat satisfied with ? The TWU is lacking at least in lets say Holiday's what happens now?

Does the TWU represented members get the same as the IAM or will the IAM members be satisfied with less?
You wouldn't have to ask this question and others like it it if our association were proactively giving the membership UPDATES on the talks between the TWU and the IAM.

MetalMover said:
So how about an UPDATE on what's going on between the TWU and the IAM?
They are in DFW this week still combining CBAs, do you not read the updates?

They aren't negotiating yet with AA.

I'd like to know how in the hell a union with what a third of the members as the larger union (at the combined companies) gets to be in charge of negotiations?  Was this a coin flip or paper, rock, scissors?

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:

Again, 700....That is NOT an update. We have a right to know SPECIFICS on those areas where there is great disparity and difference..We, both, TWU members and IAM members have a right to know what is going on in the talks  that will affect bout parties. Is that too much to ask for? They won't even tell us what they are discussing let alone agreeing on........

700UW said:
The information will be released when they are done.
Man you really are the ACLU of the union aren't you?
Is it too much trouble to tell us at then end of each week the TOPICS they discussed? Just tell us the TOPICS.........This could've been the done on a laptop and posted on each union's websites BEFORE they left the friggin meetings.

700UW said:

Found it..

http://www.usaamerger.com/2015/08/07/twu-iam-association-negotiating-committees-continue-reconciliation-process-in-chicago/

We have dates scheduled in Dallas-Fort Worth from August 31st through September 4th to continue this process.

So, my question is, if the committee is STILL reconciling the agreements, what is Petersons' reason for putting out a letter saying they are ready to meet with the company ?

Guess you dont know how to read?

http://www.usaamerger.com/2015/08/07/twu-iam-association-negotiating-committees-continue-reconciliation-process-in-chicago/

August 7, 2015

Mechanic and Related Update:
As we continue to prepare for negotiations, your committee met for two weeks in Chicago from July 26th through August 7th.

We continued the reconciliation process and began writing new language in preparations for the upcoming joint contract negotiations. We have made great progress, as we addressed some of the most challenging Articles. However, there is still much more to be done.

There are many differences between the two pre-merger contracts and we will continue to work to build a joint agreement that recognizes the past sacrifices of our members, which has allowed American Airlines to post their largest profits in industry history.

We have started and will continue to bring in subject matter experts to help draft specific language for individual work groups as needed.

We have dates scheduled in Dallas-Fort Worth from August 31st through September 4th to continue this process.

We appreciate your continued support during this monumental process.

Fraternally,

Mechanic and Related/Stores Negotiations Committee:
Jason Best
Mike Bush
Ken Coley
John Coveny
Dale Danker
Mark Huffman
Bennie Martino
Gary Peterson
Larry Pike
Sean Ryan
Jay Sleeman
Mark Strength

They are in DFW this week, that has been confirmed.

- See more at: http://www.usaamerger.com/2015/08/07/twu-iam-association-negotiating-committees-continue-reconciliation-process-in-chicago/#sthash.CDx9hUDK.dpuf

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
 They are continuing the process between themselves, NOT with the company.

No one said anything different, maybe if the TWU didnt refuse to meet with the IAM, they would be negotiating with the company.

You do want the Association going into negotiations prepared right?

And once again, how many negotiating committees have you been on and now many contracts have you negotiated?

Posters claimed no information and even went to the SAME web page where I found the information right there, how come an outsider like me knows where to find it, read it almost a month ago, and you top notch breakroom lawyers, accountants and negotiators couldnt see it when it is there clear as day?

Reactions: 2 people
From Petersons' letter:

I am ready to get the process moving and negotiate the contract that you deserve as soon as the company presents their proposal to the Association negotiating committee.

But yet they are STILL reconciling.

From the update:

Status
Not open for further replies.