What Do Nw Flt Crews Think?

RDU Jetblast

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
North Carolina
This question was asked in another thread but was lost after KTO stepped on it.

I have a quick question of NW flight crews on this board...With scab maintaining your aircraft, do you feel safe? If yes, why? If not, why do you fly? With the string of recent incidents, when do you say it's not safe to fly.

I don't work for NW nor do I scab for them either. Just curious because with all this safety rhetoric, I'm wondering what goes through your mind during preflight. Not trying to flame anyone by asking.

This is a repetition of Lorenzo's war on employees at CO. I watched the pilots cross the mechs picket lines. A little later, pilots were walking the same picket lines they so willingly crossed.

We will see the same thing at NWA with other employee groups picked off one at a time.

"Learn to see in another’s calamity the ills which you should avoid. "

Publius Syrus (42 B.C.)
Maxim 120

Wretched Wrench said:
This is a repetition of Lorenzo's war on employees at CO. I watched the pilots cross the mechs picket lines. A little later, pilots were walking the same picket lines they so willingly crossed.

We will see the same thing at NWA with other employee groups picked off one at a time.
"Learn to see in another’s calamity the ills which you should avoid. "

Publius Syrus (42 B.C.)
Maxim 120
[post="292765"][/post]​

Yeah, but why did they eventually cross? Was it safety or brotherhood? If the crews are willing to fly why shouldn't the public?

RDU Jetblast said:
Yeah, but why did they eventually cross? Was it safety or brotherhood? If the crews are willing to fly why shouldn't the public?
[post="292881"][/post]​

It wasn't eventually. The pilots crossed the picket lines IMMEDIATELY. Many with gleeful sneers on their faces. Some, however, did seem to recognize the gravity and portent of their actions.

RDU Jetblast said:
This question was asked in another thread but was lost after KTO stepped on it.
I have a quick question of NW flight crews on this board...With scab maintaining your aircraft, do you feel safe? If yes, why? If not, why do you fly? With the string of recent incidents, when do you say it's not safe to fly.

I don't work for NW nor do I scab for them either. Just curious because with all this safety rhetoric, I'm wondering what goes through your mind during preflight. Not trying to flame anyone by asking.
[post="292703"][/post]​

Sorry about that Jetblast,
At first the flight crews were really cold and somewhat on edge. The Pilots are coming around though and are adjusting well to the changes. The flight attendants are still pretty cold. Some are beginning to see that this is the way it is going to be from now on and are beginning to accept it. I think most are just cold in general I don't know that for sure though. Time will tell.

Do the SCABS working on NW aircraft realize this is a temp. job ? Even if AMFA doesn't succeed and these SCABS continue to work at NW , They have no contract and will either be working for 10 bucks an hour or out on the street. I am a mech. at another airline and at no time in my life would I sink to the level these SCUM if I lost my job. Wishing All Striking mechanics the best . Better to go out on your feet than grovel like SCABS ! :up:

I queeried one pilot at DFW the first day of the strike. While one pilot does not speak for all, his answer was not surprising. When I asked how everything was going he said it was just fine. When I asked about the reported delays and cancellations he said, "...everything is OK for ME..."
There you have it in a nutshell. It's all about ME!
No wonder we're getting screwed. :angry: :angry:

Raizin Cain, Yes this will soon be a permanent job for many of the mechanics here that have already signed contracts with Northwest. There is just some kind of legal glitch where Northwest has to make some kind of offer to AMFA before they can bring them on to the payroll. I on the other hand have no desire to rollover direct. I'm fully aware that this job is temporary. I'll be glad when it is over so I can go home. These guys are capable of negotiating their own contracts and there is no way any of them will work for $10.00 an hour. These guys are going to make any where from 25 to 35 an hour depending on experience. Then they will work on their raises from there. Supply and Demand jack. Airlines are looking for people that will work on their own initiative instead of hiding behind some union clause.

KTO,

You are wrong on the judgement that none of these high caliber scabs would be willing to work for $10 an hour. As an opportunist you and the rest of your scab brethren would be willing to do just about anything you can to get something. That is the deal with scabs, no backbone. If you say you won't work for $10 then there is probably somebody out there somewhere that will and that is who is going to take your job. Yep, scab, you will get scabed by someone else. You and the rest of the filthy rotten good for nothing scabs will forever be standing in line while the company unzips and you get your just reward.

I'm still waiting for the flight crews and pilots to check in from NWA.
I walked the picket line at NWA with the JFK guys the other day and they told us that none of their FA's or Pilots came to walk with them. :down: I find that Heinous. :angry:

What gives? Where are you guys and what are you thinking when you get on those planes? :huh:

Guys, let's try not to turn this into another all about KTO thread. I wanna see the pilots and FA's stories from NW.

Skymess said:
Guys, let's try not to turn this into another all about KTO thread. I wanna see the pilots and FA's stories from NW.
[post="293230"][/post]​

Skymess let me tell you their story. They are in the bleachers. They aren’t going to come out on the field. AMFA was warned: Do not strike. It is a bad time and YOU WILL NOT WIN. The fools did it anyway. They are not going to stand behind a bunch of fools.

In SFO APFA leadership has asked us to come out an hour early or stay and hour late to walk the line and show our support. We know and appreciate what support is like from other unions when your out on strike.....

Skymess said:
I'm still waiting for the flight crews and pilots to check in from NWA.
I walked the picket line at NWA with the JFK guys the other day and they told us that none of their FA's or Pilots came to walk with them. :down: I find that Heinous. :angry:

What gives? Where are you guys and what are you thinking when you get on those planes? :huh:

[post="293230"][/post]​

Thanks Skymess! Call the pilots overpaid bus drivers and they'd be out in droves defending their salaries. Ask if theycontinue to fly because they feel maintenance is up to par and there is nothing. I have never seen the pilots and flight attendants so quiet before.

keeptheodds said:
Sorry about that Jetblast,
The flight attendants are still pretty cold.

[post="292933"][/post]​

Pretty Cold Huh?

NWA Flight Attendant Ms. Peggy Lubinski at MSP rally

peggy-01.jpg

More From MSP Union Rally

P8270148.jpg

Latest posts