what has the association accomplished?

What happened was all our negotiating power was given away with the cross utilization hand over. What kind of negotiator throws all his chips in the pot when his opponent is only gambling with half of his. Our contract hopes were shot after cross utilization was given away for 50 cents on the dollar. And the union didn't agree to it the ass did. We are the union not the ass. We were cut out of the loop and had no say on what ramifications that letter of agreement might have on future contract talks. We would have a contract know if it wasn't for that pathetic deal.
Doubt it. Again, IMO AA is not going to move off of the LUS Medical, and the IAM leadership will continue to protect their members and hold firm on the insurance as well.

Absolutely LUS IAM won’t agree to a new contract. They have the best of everything. The only way for the majority of the association members to get fair representation is to have an election of a new union.

Funny how the largest maint station has a FSC as President and the latest update was saying fleet scope is what is concerning us right now.

Doubt it. Again, IMO AA is not going to move off of the LUS Medical, and the IAM leadership will continue to protect their members and hold firm on the insurance as well.
At some point n time there is going to be a compromise on the differences between the two med plans and other issues. Now we have no bargaining strength to negotiate from. Before the ass gave away our position of strength we had a chance to make a deal, medical plan issues included. Now we have nothing to deal with.

Funny how the largest maint station has a FSC as President and the latest update was saying fleet scope is what is concerning us right now.

OMFG, NO. TUL President Dale Danker is an AMT. Sam Cirri was voted out years ago.

And this if the first time in months Fleet has been mentioned in an update about Scope.

Sorry that we got just a little bit of attention this time. I’m sure your ego can take the bruising.

Absolutely LUS IAM won’t agree to a new contract. They have the best of everything. The only way for the majority of the association members to get fair representation is to have an election of a new union.

The reason for the mention of fleet scope was because the company did make some movement on the mechanics side. But not the fleet side.

What happened was all our negotiating power was given away with the cross utilization hand over. What kind of negotiator throws all his chips in the pot when his opponent is only gambling with half of his. Our contract hopes were shot after cross utilization was given away for 50 cents on the dollar. And the union didn't agree to it the ass did. We are the union not the ass. We were cut out of the loop and had no say on what ramifications that letter of agreement might have on future contract talks. We would have a contract know if it wasn't for that pathetic deal.

Yes I’m sure you and your group would have voted down a 24% raise with negotiations for more continuing because the other half of the total was going to give away the farm with cross utilization.

Yea right.

Yes I’m sure you and your group would have voted down a 24% raise with negotiations for more continuing because the other half of the total was going to give away the farm with cross utilization.
That was and is the contract once the company got their rocks off with cross utilization. Negotiations were for show after that. Wasnt hard to see that one coming. Assuming we would have voted ya or nay is moot at this point but the vote count was 2 to zip for the ass.
Yea right.

Joining the association was like selling manhattan island for $24.00 or investing in ocean front property in Arizona. The actual written deal is as good as the deed to the brooklyn bridge.

I'm in Tulsa and that had me scratching my head too. Dude went around promising to represent everyone and ended up representing himself after his attempt to get company to allow fleet to work the cabins in the hangar while AMTOs signed off the paperwork and made less money than the fleet guys. When that didn't fly they laid off all the fleet people except the prez and chairwoman of fleet were given spots in Title 2. The rest of the fleet hit the door. I did have fun saying "I told you so." I have to admit. haha. But I think it was about 75 Fleet lost their jobs because this dude didn't even represent his own group.

I worked with some fleet guys who got layed off from TUL. None had anything good to say about Cirri. Beyond pissed they got the boot and he got to stay.

Reactions: B737 driver
Typical union play book.....take care fo your own.

Typical “Union” playbook? I think the MAN figured out the best way to game the system to take care of himself and he took advantage of that.

Morally what the guy did was wrong but obviously he didn’t give a rats ass about that did he?

BTW where is the guy today?

Bingo!!!

The reason for the mention of fleet scope was because the company did make some movement on the mechanics side. But not the fleet side.

What was the movement on the mechanics side CB?
Oh wait, this asso. always leaves the members in the dark about nego's, so I really don't know why I bothered asking one of the nego's at the table this question.
You know if you guys were more open about nego's you would not have a card drive going on right now to fire the asso. With these type of updates; "the reason for the mention of fleet scope was because the company did make movement on the mechanics side" What were the movements, the mechanics deserve to know.
Keep those cards flooding in guys.
Pretty dam hard to get the membership to back the nego team when they have no clue what to back them for when you always leave them in the dark.

Typical “Union” playbook? I think the MAN figured out the best way to game the system to take care of himself and he took advantage of that.

Morally what the guy did was wrong but obviously he didn’t give a rats ass about that did he?

BTW where is the guy today?
WeAAz, there was alot of shenanigans that went on at that time.
Some people have no shame.