What is a D6LJ code for boarding status?

IIRC - D6 Other Airline - LJ "Limited Jumpseat". Allows other airline's pilot who is approved to sit in the cockpit jumpseat but they actually have to sit in coach, provided a jump seat is available in the cockpit.

AA is wierd on this. It's not real priority, lowest rung on the ladder so to speak.

IIRC - D6 Other Airline - LJ "Limited Jumpseat". Allows other airline's pilot who is approved to sit in the cockpit jumpseat but they actually have to sit in coach, provided a jump seat is available in the cockpit.

AA is wierd on this. It's not real priority, lowest rung on the ladder so to speak.

Thanks. Just curious, because STL gave that code a f/a seat before my D3 (who was properly dressed) and was below him on the list. No worries since my D3 did get on.

Thanks. Just curious, because STL gave that code a f/a seat before my D3 (who was properly dressed) and was below him on the list. No worries since my D3 did get on.
It could have been for a F/A for another airline. Southwest and a couple of other airlines have reciprocal F/A jumpseat agreements with AA. As far as I know, the only ones allowed in the F/A jumpseats are F/A's or FSM's.

Flight attendants from other airlines--SW, Frontier, DL--are NOT allowed to actually sit on the jumpseat. We call it a jumpseat agreement, but it means "people who are cabin jumpseat qualified at their airline."

The only way they can get on the a/c is if there is a cabin seat available. It's one of the reasons that Frontier f/as wanted the agreement cancelled. We can ride the jumpseat on Frontier if that's all that's available. They can not ride the jumpseat on AA. Our flights to DEN are always full; so the jumpseat agreement is not of much value to Frontier f/as trying to commute.

It's only been in the last year or two that AE flight attendants were allowed to ride the jumpseat on AA.

Flight attendants from other airlines--SW, Frontier, DL--are NOT allowed to actually sit on the jumpseat. We call it a jumpseat agreement, but it means "people who are cabin jumpseat qualified at their airline."

The only way they can get on the a/c is if there is a cabin seat available. It's one of the reasons that Frontier f/as wanted the agreement cancelled. We can ride the jumpseat on Frontier if that's all that's available. They can not ride the jumpseat on AA. Our flights to DEN are always full; so the jumpseat agreement is not of much value to Frontier f/as trying to commute.

It's only been in the last year or two that AE flight attendants were allowed to ride the jumpseat on AA.
Actually I meant to say F/C instead fo f/a. Also the seat was given out 20 mins before my friend got his seat. BUT, once again, no worries, he got on...

Good explanation. It also shows the benefit of AA pilots having the option to sit in an empty FA jumpseat.

Assuming the cockpit jumpseats are already full, a D2/DH pilot in the cabin could occupy an empty FA jumpseat and possibly open up a cabin seat for another airline FA jumpseater or another D3 family member.

Would only ever be a possibility if AA F/A's were allowed to sit on cockpit J/S's as well without any CA's discretion involved. Unless, of course it was used both ways and any of the F/A's could tell the pilots no way as well. Before that even happens, F/A's from our own reciprocal agreements should be allowed first before any pilots. Fair is fair. I am curious, Honestly, how many DH pilots do you predict would sit on a F/A J/S just to let another Non-rev on? Be it either another D2 or D3? Remember that your workgroup was trying to stab the F/A's in the back regarding OUR J/S's and super seniority for DH.

Would only ever be a possibility if AA F/A's were allowed to sit on cockpit J/S's as well without any CA's discretion involved. Unless, of course it was used both ways and any of the F/A's could tell the pilots no way as well. Before that even happens, F/A's from our own reciprocal agreements should be allowed first before any pilots. Fair is fair. I am curious, Honestly, how many DH pilots do you predict would sit on a F/A J/S just to let another Non-rev on? Be it either another D2 or D3? Remember that your workgroup was trying to stab the F/A's in the back regarding OUR J/S's and super seniority for DH.

The person in question was listed below my D3 and was given a f/c boarding pass before my friend was given a coach (he was listed in f/c) seat. There were several out of order. Is the a common occurance.

NO, it is not a common occurance, although, it does happen. Your friend should have gotten the F/C seat first and the D6 should have been in coach. Better luck next time. Talk to the union if you think it might help for the future.

The person in question was listed below my D3 and was given a f/c boarding pass before my friend was given a coach (he was listed in f/c) seat. There were several out of order. Is the a common occurance.

First off: Print a copy of the PALL and send it to NRSA. That's the only way they find out about these things. Make sure it says F next to your friends name on the list first to indicate she wanted first.

It could have been a friend of the agent's or the crew. It could have been a cute pilot and the agent wanted to give him a good seat.

Things like that AREN'T supposed to happen but they often do. If helps if you have access to, and know how to look up the list. I ALWAYS print it and listen to the order they call out the standby names. If it is a very crowded day, I reprint it.

One time in LAX on New Years Day they gave a D2 a boarding pass and he was 20 numbers below me. There were a zillion D1's and I was at the top of the list. After I looked up the list again and saw they issued him a ticket, and saw him board. (I knew the guy) I went up to the counter and asked for my BP and they said, " we haven't called standby's yet". I said I saw someone with a seat number. The agent punched in a zillion keys and pulled the list up and said, "where?" The guy in question wasn't on the new list.(magic!) I slapped the paper I was holding on the counter and said "that's funny, your list is different than my list. And I knw my list is right because I spoke to him before he boarded, saw his BP, and watched him board the airplane before I walked up here". (I went on a layover w/ 2 of my friends who were working the flight and he was the companion of the purser.)I asked them if LA does boarding priority different than other bases because in NY and everywhere else D1's come before D2's. They looked at each other, tapped a few more keys, and the ticket machine spit out my BP.

I also experienced a D6 (Jet Blue pilot) getting a seat before the rest of us. He was cute (which is why I asked) and the agent was all over him like a rash. She called him up to the counter first. She waited awhile and then called the rest of us. He was loitering around so I saw his seat was an aisle. She handed me a middle seat. I asked if she had any aisles left and she said no. I said " well I noticed the D6 that you gave a BP to before all the D1's and D2's got an aisle seat..." and before you know it I had an aisle seat.

It gets me crazy because I only get to the bottom of this stuff because I have access. (though it might aid my not having a stroke if I didn't print the standby list) How about all of our friends and family flying around getting hosed out of flights or seats because of these types of shenanigans?

Things like that AREN'T supposed to happen but they often do.
Only once in my life did I write anyone up. I was going JFK-ATL on a pass and willing to pay a FC surcharge. Passriding was by seniority (within pass classification) at TWA, and I knew just where I stood. I was given a boarding pass and proceeded to my seat 4F. A few minutes before departure the agent came on board and approached me saying, "sir, I'll have to ask you to take your things and move to the back." Mustering up my most polite voice I said, "may I ask why?" He said, "the payroll number on your surcharge is illegible." (this was when passes and surcharges were actual pieces of paper you ran off on a device like a credit card machine with your ID card).

I offered a new form with the number legible, but the agent started to get huffy so I quietly gathered my stuff and moved back. I then watched as the agent boarded a family of four in FC that had come off a FCO flight. Probably his friends or relatives. I had seen these four identical surnames on the list below mine.

The crew couldn't do enough for me, offering me free wine, etc. I never heard anything about the incident, but felt they shouldn't be able to get away with such things.

MK

Good explanation. It also shows the benefit of AA pilots having the option to sit in an empty FA jumpseat.

Assuming the cockpit jumpseats are already full, a D2/DH pilot in the cabin could occupy an empty FA jumpseat and possibly open up a cabin seat for another airline FA jumpseater or another D3 family member.

I'm not opposed to pilots having jumpseat privileges, but I have a few questions.

Let's say you are on a 757 and there are 5 flight attendants and jumpseat 6 and 7 are open and you are given one and the other is occupied by another pilot. They are the aisle side jumpseats in the aft galley. Will you offer, and do you think another pilot would offer, to stand up in the corner of the galley so the working flight attendants whose jumpseats are at 2L or 2R can sit down and rest or eat something out of full view of the passengers. Will you comply if the FA's ask you to sit on the aisle jumpseats during or after the service at 2L/R? Because those are the things that jumpseating flight attendants offer to do, or are asked to do by the working crew on many occasions.

One time, I had a CSM in SJU put my D3 fiancee on and moved a D2 FA to the cabin jumpseat. That was cool.

Latest posts