What is the rush?

The airlines cut more than 28,000 jobs in 2008 alone. :unsure:
Hopefully RD is telling you if you have any kind of seniority you will stay on and have a good attitude. If you try to start at another company you will start from scratch and risk being laid off there. The better we do our jobs, the more attractive we look to management as far as keeping our jobs. Keep your family in mind before you make a career move. Attitude is everything!!

Having representation will certainly do more to stem the tide of outsourcing than the current autocracy you guys enjoy... All one has to do is take a look at what the company (NW) wanted to do to the Ground Ops. group vs. what work was saved to see that.

It's funny you mention the AMT's & AMFA; you realize a good lot of the same management are at DL now, right?

No one claims that unions are perfect; only that they are necessary. Especially true with Anderson, Hirst, and Campbell, IMO.

... And, yes, a good 85% of the corporate memos from DL that I've seen addressing this issue are full of BS, or at best half-truths.

You don't see how they put out just enough misinformation so that the union has to spend time "correcting" it to everyone, rather than focusing on organizing/moving forward?
Yes I do realize that a lot of the same management exists in our ranks. You obviously don't realize the business sense of supply and demand when it comes to manpower. It is up to us to prove to management that we are the workforce the company needs.

85%?? Where did you get that percentile from?? Your union officials? Please give data to back that statement up.

Yes I do realize that a lot of the same management exists in our ranks.

Good; that's a start. Now you'll get to see how they operate.

You obviously don't realize the business sense of supply and demand when it comes to manpower. It is up to us to prove to management that we are the workforce the company needs.

Is this a veiled version of "you're just lucky to have a job?"

We provide value day in/day out (yes, really), and yet they still want to outsource us.

We work for a company that's in the outsourcing business, for chrissakes. Do you think they'll keep their own people around just for the heck of it.

Tech Ops hasn't been immune from this, I'm sure you've seen it.

85%?? Where did you get that percentile from?? Your union officials? Please give data to back that statement up.

Actually, it came from my own brain, thanks. My percentage comes from first hand experience, and of knowing what's correct vs. what has been stated. What kind of data would you like?

I can't speak for NWA in my area since it was outsourced, but Delta seems to hire the young and stupid in my area. Especially rampers! Don't know why, but they seem to come and go like last year's news. Last year I listened to a conversation among rampers about how if Delta wants this young stud to cut his hair, he's walking. He's gone as many other young, stupid and clueless rampers.

Delta seems to have a high turnover of the young and the stupid in my area. Most businesses want a 5 year turnover of employees and it looks like Delta is beating the odds! Union or non-union, talk to me in 5 years if you're still around!

my area since it was outsourced, but Delta seems to hire the young and stupid in my area. Especially rampers! Don't know why, but they seem to come and go like last year's news. Last year I listened to a conversation among rampers about how if Delta wants this young stud to cut his hair, he's walking. He's gone as many other young, stupid and clueless rampers.

Delta seems to have a high turnover of the young and the stupid in my area. Most businesses want a 5 year turnover of employees and it looks like Delta is beating the odds! Union or non-union, talk to me in 5 years if you're still around!
companies that have a real desire to maintain and retain loyal and top performing people on the line.. keeping work in-house, compensate fairly are the ones that are interesting to people who want to develop themselves as professionals, when that is obviously lacking..they end up with exactly what you have just described.

sometimes saving a buck..isnt a good thing.

companies that have a real desire to maintain and retain loyal and top performing people on the line.. keeping work in-house, compensate fairly are the ones that are interesting to people who want to develop themselves as professionals, when that is obviously lacking..they end up with exactly what you have just described.

sometimes saving a buck..isnt a good thing.

Quite right.

Happy workers are both loyal and productive.

Ma Delta likes to preach what a great company it is to work for, but in practice seems to be anything but.

Kinda hard to build loyalty among the masses when you're in the business of outsourcing at the same time....

Quite right.

Happy workers are both loyal and productive.

Ma Delta likes to preach what a great company it is to work for, but in practice seems to be anything but.

Kinda hard to build loyalty among the masses when you're in the business of outsourcing at the same time....

Well you could always just take the initiative and "outsource" yourself. :up:

Latest posts