What the AA CEO LEARNED FROM HERB KELLEHER.

I wholeheartedly agree. I`ve never been one to beat the drum of doom and gloom but this is getting ridiculous. Stock is in freefall. Customer satisfaction is in the toilet. Heck even Spirit is rated better the the once mighty AA. Employee morale is about the worst I have seen in 30 years. The BOD needs to get involved and make some changes before its too late imho.
Sink rate sink rate

Reactions: 787nightmare
Was Bethune similar to Herb

No.

Parker is theft by deception, what a piece of ****!

Exactly. Theft by deception, that was a good explanation of that move by Parker Puss.

I’m beginning to think only hope we have is if the BOD wakes the hell up

YES. Exactly. Same happened with us (as we think). We think our BOD put the final pressure on GK to get it done and over with. So he sent in Mr. Kinder to get it done and sealed.

Thx swamt. I always liked that 1 phrase by Herb....durin an interview once when he was asked bout swa expansion at bwi n west n all herb cld say was Thank you to USAir. He was a good man at the helm.

Reactions: swamt
Thx swamt. I always liked that 1 phrase by Herb....durin an interview once when he was asked bout swa expansion at bwi n west n all herb cld say was Thank you to USAir. He was a good man at the helm.
Yes sir, he was, and in strange ways, still is to this day and in the future...

I thought it was dumb when AA picked Isom over Kirby, but they really proved their stupidity when they didn't stop Kirby from going to UA.

In retrospect, that's probably going to work out to be one of the biggest management blunders I can think of from deregulation... Kirby has been able to use AA's weaknesses to UA's advantage, and their earnings & stock price show it.

Parker goes around and listens to his workforce but he doesn’t hear them at all. He doesn’t deviate. At almost every Town Hall he makes the comment “We need to look into that”

He’s FOS.
"We need to look into that" is the CEO-speak equivalent of the Flight Attendant-speak, "I'll be right back." Both translate into the English as "FU.":rolleyes:

I thought it was dumb when AA picked Isom over Kirby, but they really proved their stupidity when they didn't stop Kirby from going to UA.

In retrospect, that's probably going to work out to be one of the biggest management blunders I can think of from deregulation... Kirby has been able to use AA's weaknesses to UA's advantage, and their earnings & stock price show it.

+1

He's definitely turning them around, and his push to return to small/medium sized markets appears to be the right one.

"We need to look into that" is the CEO-speak equivalent of the Flight Attendant-speak, "I'll be right back." Both translate into the English as "FU.":rolleyes:

Lol. True.

Couldn't agree more.
I bet that Kirby move was the start of AA having non-compete disclosures introduced into their contracts. SWA has them and has had them for years. Non-compete for 5 years minimum. This is why Kirby could do it. And your right, he is using his knowledge of AA's weak points to successfully out do AA currently.
Another thing to think about, but slightly off this subject is, by the time AA gets their JCBA's in place UA will be getting ready to do another one for their mechanics too.

Running a good operation appears to be the last thing Parker and Isom understand. DFW is a mess and we have a new bid and people don't even know where to report for work. .

That sounds more like a failure of management at a lower level then Parker and Isom. More like a SVP, VP, or MD problem.

That would be the biggest blunder behind letting usscare air take over aa.

And where the hell are the board of directors in all this?

And where the hell are the board of directors in all this?
couch-potato.jpg

Reactions: 787nightmare

Latest posts