What the deal AMP

Yes, indeed MM. I think going with AMP is the best for you guys. To many bridges to cross with AMFA and well as too many challenges from other airlines, sad but true.
Keep it up guys and make the "me too" clause work for the mechanics just like it did for the Pilots and F/A's at AA. Send those cards in guys...
I understand the bridges to cross with AMFA, I don't understand the challenges from other airlines about what Union they go with, could you clarify?

"The union has proposed a retiree-medical element as well"

This got my attention. Anyone here have any specifics?

Thats the big question on about everything huh? Specifics are lacking on everything. I know UAL has a retiree medical bridge using 11 hours sick time to buy 1 month of insurance. Its an incentive to build your sick time up. However as we get older it is all too easy to have a serious health issue and burn all that sick time to nothing. Especially hard on LAA AMTs as we have only had 5 sick days per year since 2003. Pretty tough to build up a significant sick bank at that rate.

"The union has proposed a retiree-medical element as well"

This got my attention. Anyone here have any specifics?
As usual, this could be a positive for the membership to know about, but once again the NC and the asso wants to keep the membership in the dark...

Thats the big question on about everything huh? Specifics are lacking on everything. I know UAL has a retiree medical bridge using 11 hours sick time to buy 1 month of insurance. Its an incentive to build your sick time up. However as we get older it is all too easy to have a serious health issue and burn all that sick time to nothing. Especially hard on LAA AMTs as we have only had 5 sick days per year since 2003. Pretty tough to build up a significant sick bank at that rate.
The most we can have at SWA is 2000 hours sick time at 8 hours a month. This can be used to bridge coverage to Medicare, but no retirees medical benefits.So you stuff as much in your 401k, pray for good profit sharing and hope for the best. That's why when they are offering me a nice raise, and most of my backpay. I will take it and move on. Because at SWA that's all we have, is what we make.

Some advice from a dispatcher who just got out of the TWU.

1. Don't pass up the opportunity to get out just because it will take a few months. Hard work can get you through it quickly.
2. The TWU holds your LTD plan. Don't let them try to hold you hostage with it. We didn't.
3. They will try to scare you with suggestions the company will take you on and fire you, just like they did at Northwest. They tried that crap with us. Nothing happened. Stick to your guns.

Good luck. The grass is greener.

1. Don't pass up the opportunity to get out just because it will take a few months. Hard work can get you through it quickly.
2. The TWU holds your LTD plan. Don't let them try to hold you hostage with it. We didn't.
3. They will try to scare you with suggestions the company will take you on and fire you, just like they did at Northwest. They tried that crap with us. Nothing happened. Stick to your guns.

Spoken from a man that experienced it guys. Pull the trigger, and sign those cards and vote this asso. outta here...

I know for a fact that even with some financial problems it is possible to take extended time away from work when you are sick. It is not easy but possible. No LTD or Short Time Disability. If I ever find myself in a similar condition again. I will have Loan Protection. I was allowed to keep my car.

Word from the Association is that a T/A is almost near completion. Lots of progress done in the last couple of weeks. Scope has moved forward and better job security from potential layoffs or displacement. Glad to hear this. Here we are approaching the 3 year mark and things appear to be wrapping up. Kind of makes you think about the similar timing of events between a card drive and negotiations that happened back in 2000.
A card drive surfaced and negotiations pick up with promising results. I hope guys won't do the same thing and say why do we need to sign cards since we have a good contract? Well the answer lies in our face today. Not only did we fail to better our representation but now we have the IAM representing TWU guys and TWU representing IAM guys. All without ANY say from the membership. Makes you kind of wonder how much worse can it get in the next 18 years. The card drive is about the membership getting a vote and a say who will represent them. The Association promised us a vote and it was obviously a outright lie. They knew the whole time that was never going to happen because they had specific legal language to seal the deal with the NMB.
So let's not let history repeat itself. Sign a AMP card and let us the dues paying membership decide who represents us in a fair and democratic vote that we were robbed of.

I understand what you are saying but M&M is right, I too believe there was NO progress. They will twist and fudge any kind of update now going forward to look as if it is moving forward now that the AMP cards are flying, don't fooled guys.
Point 2; In the latest update under the "AMP stories" (you just gotta love that title, huh?" 6 bullet points they pointed out:
They answer all of them with "not true" with no explanation what so ever.
1- About honoring current T/A's. No the co. does not "have" to or can or will be forced to, however, they very easily can and should in the order of keep progress moving forward. For every one the co. wants to pull out of, the the new and improved union, AMP can and should pick another one to re-open. (that might put a suden stop to them trying that)
2- This one made me laugh out loud. Everyone knows that the asso. will not continue nego's once a filing has taken place. Yes they will stop, but, they will also resume with the new and improved union, AMP.
3- This is the same bullet point as #2. But I will add; If the co. decides to stall even more because of the change then it will be for the stall tactics not because they have too, period.
4- AMP can sue the co. and the union for whatever they want too or as they see needed. However let's look at it in a way the union and company does not want you guys to think about. The asso. after being removed, if they are truely working in the interest of the membership would set dates to meet with new AMP leaders, and the new and improved nego teams to share all details thus far within nego's. The company could very easily do the same. My prediction is, they (both sides) will not, because they (both sides) are only working in the interest of themselves, both co. and asso. not looking out for the membership, period.
5- This bullet point is absolutely true. However, by installing the phrase, "nobody can predict what the co. might do", is just another scare tactic to scare some members. The co. has to honor current agreement until the new and improved union, AMP gets the new contract done. Remember, it will not be AMP wanting to start from scratch, this would only be a move by the co. with the help from the asso/TWU/IAM to stall out nego's as long as possible to blame it all on AMP. Trust me, this all happened with us after we fired the reamsters.
6- Bullet point #6 is just another stall scare tactic by the asso.. Yes it will take time to get things in place and up and running, however, it will not as long as they are trying to indicate. The AMP constitution is pretty much done deal. The voting process will take place as AMP allows all officers to be "ELECTED" into their positions by the membership not assigned or appointed by the "buddy-buddy" system like the asso/TWU/IAM/industrial unions do. The asso wants everyone to think it will take forever for AMP to get up and running, Simply, as they always answer "NOT TRUE!!!"

Word from the Association is that a T/A is almost near completion. Lots of progress done in the last couple of weeks. Scope has moved forward and better job security from potential layoffs or displacement. Glad to hear this. Here we are approaching the 3 year mark and things appear to be wrapping up. Kind of makes you think about the similar timing of events between a card drive and negotiations that happened back in 2000.
A card drive surfaced and negotiations pick up with promising results. I hope guys won't do the same thing and say why do we need to sign cards since we have a good contract? Well the answer lies in our face today. Not only did we fail to better our representation but now we have the IAM representing TWU guys and TWU representing IAM guys. All without ANY say from the membership. Makes you kind of wonder how much worse can it get in the next 18 years. The card drive is about the membership getting a vote and a say who will represent them. The Association promised us a vote and it was obviously a outright lie. They knew the whole time that was never going to happen because they had specific legal language to seal the deal with the NMB.
So let's not let history repeat itself. Sign a AMP card and let us the dues paying membership decide who represents us in a fair and democratic vote that we were robbed of.

As expected. In approx 1 week they all of a sudden start reporting that they are "almost to a T/A" Now that's funny. So they just magically got awesome movement in scope and better job protections from layoffs and displacements? C'mon Man!!!
More tactics from this sham of an asso. to try and keep the guys from signing cards, sign them cards fellas, even if you guys do get a T/A keep those cards flying in.

Reactions: Rogallo
The card signing has continued and if anything has picked up in intensity. The Association is our best organizer by far.

The association has not posted anything on the union website on the progress of the negotiations. I for one say continue to sign cards. I know the last card drive by the IBT did not fair so well. The IAM kept talking about the pension and keeping it. Now I have not seen a business agent around in more than 6 months. The Association will not be able to keep the pension or the medical I currently have. Stop telling me the union is only as strong as its members. The association keeps us in the dark! I say I will be happy to see them go!!!!!

BIG news just out.

BF9C92A4-DE53-4492-92E9-8A4AE9C834C4.jpeg