What the deal AMP

Maybe it's called a maintenance Manual?
Oh I follow the book, and as a crew chief I catch stuff or remind the guys on certain procedures , so they don't get into trouble. I am talking work rules so they can't say well you were day shift, now you are nights. I watch our supervisors getting moved around all the time, working 12 hours a day. No thank you.

That's what I thought.
How you doing now?
Is the hip replaced or rebuilt?
How long on rebuilding?
More prayers coming brother...
They rebuilt it I should start rehab latter this week hopefully be home in a few weeks thanks for prayers

Reactions: swamt
Oh I follow the book, and as a crew chief I catch stuff or remind the guys on certain procedures , so they don't get into trouble. I am talking work rules so they can't say well you were day shift, now you are nights. I watch our supervisors getting moved around all the time, working 12 hours a day. No thank you.

I too am a Crew Chief, my job is similar.

I hope your hip feels better, you're right I just hate going forever, and yes I haven't walked in your guys shoes in a long time. But was at Midway , went bankrupt, started over with Morris Air, bought by SWA, zero seniority, but had a job. So it just gets old, but Good Lord has always gotten me through it, prayers for a good recovery, and your physical therapy goes well, and you get back to work soon.
Thanks need all the prayers thanks for speedy recovery

First mediation session was a fiasco.
Our NC council was locked out of the direct talks. This is worse than the last three years of face to face negotiations.
At least they had negotiations twice a month for a week at a time. So how close are we to a JCBA? My guess we are further apart now than ever for our title 1 and 2. IAM is not budging on medical and pension. TWU is not budging on scope, outsourcing and aircraft movements. Company is going after all of them. It's going to be a while. In about 45 days or so the pilots start talking. They want money and scope. This should be interesting come 2019.

Our NC council was locked out of the direct talks. This is worse than the last three years of face to face negotiations.
At least they had negotiations twice a month for a week at a time. So how close are we to a JCBA? My guess we are further apart now than ever for our title 1 and 2. IAM is not budging on medical and pension. TWU is not budging on scope, outsourcing and aircraft movements. Company is going after all of them. It's going to be a while. In about 45 days or so the pilots start talking. They want money and scope. This should be interesting come 2019.

Hey “Bad Salesman” this sounds like a fiasco to you? Fiasco? Wow you really are the Drama Queen aren’t you.

October 31, 2018

Brothers and Sisters,

The TWU-IAM Association met with American Airlines October 30 in Dallas, TX for mediated negotiations under the supervision of the National Mediation Board. The purpose of this first mediated session was to bring the Federal mediators up to speed on the status of our negotiations.

Areas covered were compensation, healthcare, retirement, work protections (scope) and the remaining open language issues. The Association clearly restated our demands that our work is protected in any final agreement. We also reiterated our positions on the other economic issues. The meeting was cordial and produced final TAs on MLS and Fleet holidays as well as M&R Qualifications.

The Association held firm that the number of negotiating sessions was inadequate and that we need more frequent meetings. The Company did not object and the mediators set forth the following schedule:

• By conference call November 15 and December 14.
  • Face to face meetings January 15-17, January 29-31, February 6-8 and February 12-14.
Our objective has been and remains to bring to the membership the best contract in the airline industry.

Reactions: B737 driver
After reading the update after this first meeting with the mediator, I would say the progress was better than just a meet and greet.
The meeting times from full weeks set to 3 days per week is I think because of the mediators schedules and traveling. I would say, at least your company did not disagree to set more dates each month where our "original" co. NC refused to meet more than the 3 days a week but with only one month set each time. This was their way to drag these out for the 5 year pay freeze. Heck, even the new NC just turned down Dec. 3rd and 4th after always stating that they will meet anytime, anywhere.
I will say I am hopeful that the new NC is wanting to get this done, and the first set meetings for us with new NC is Nov 19-20. We will see right off the bat how serious the co really is. I am being told by many that AMFA is passing an offer after collecting and organizing the survey results and the offer will reflect what the survey results were. So I hope everyone filled out those surveys, as "that" is what the mediator asked for, the survey results going into the next set meetings.
I know it's frustrating with the slower pace looking out with you nego's 1AA, but with all due respect, the scheduling is all controlled by the mediator but will only meet approx 3 days at a time, but it does look more promising with you guys with 2, 3 day sessions set each month.
Good luck to you and all the AA'ers for a new contract and an ILC at that.
I can only hope to report some good news after our meetings...

You are facing the same Delilah we did. At least you guys have more talks than we ever had. Good luck.

You are facing the same Delilah we did. At least you guys have more talks than we ever had. Good luck.
We are not moving along as well as many hoped. We had more negotiating sessions prior to mediation. Company wants one thing and the association wants another. This is going to drag on unless you see a big change in leadership. New CEO or new association presidents or both. None appear to be in the forecast anytime soon.

I came to this board to see if there was any news about AMP. Should have known it would be all about SW and AMFA as between SW guys and a know it all fleet service clerk (Who some refuse to put on ignore so he'll go away for good) they are the majority of posters here. I don't work for SW and we had failed AMFA attempts so I really don't want to constantly have to see stuff about AMFA. Bret Oestrick is a good friend of mine and I also don't like seeing his character assassinated on this board that has absolutely nothing to do with either AMFA or SW. Guess it's time for me to go. Maybe it's just me but if I had a problem with another AA mechanic I surely wouldn't go to a SW thread and have a constant battle with them. If we ever can have American Airlines AMT threads without SW and fleet service taking over then I'll be back. Till then I'm out. Have fun

Reactions: Flying low
I came to this board to see if there was any news about AMP. Should have known it would be all about SW and AMFA as between SW guys and a know it all fleet service clerk (Who some refuse to put on ignore so he'll go away for good) they are the majority of posters here. I don't work for SW and we had failed AMFA attempts so I really don't want to constantly have to see stuff about AMFA. Bret Oestrick is a good friend of mine and I also don't like seeing his character assassinated on this board that has absolutely nothing to do with either AMFA or SW. Guess it's time for me to go. Maybe it's just me but if I had a problem with another AA mechanic I surely wouldn't go to a SW thread and have a constant battle with them. If we ever can have American Airlines AMT threads without SW and fleet service taking over then I'll be back. Till then I'm out. Have fun
I would like more of what’s going on with amp myself . But I haven’t seen much on the amp Facebook page either. I can’t believe that there are not enough mechanics upset enough to sign cards.