Whats Next?

PlayTheOdds said:
So that is where you get your ethics from. A guy that joined a union to rob the paper company because the best job he cold get was driving a paper truck.
[post="301593"][/post]​

Now I know why you don't use the maintenance manual, you can't read.

AMFAMAN said:
[post="300509"][/post]​

Wrong person,
I have the wrong person in a previous post.

never said I was self-employed unless you count my paper route when I was 14. ;)

You were never self-employed
You had a paper route when you were 14

BTW...The paper truck drivers were union... :p
The drivers that probably brought you your papers were union. They were educated to the point that they could read and had no leadership skills but wanted a better life than what their education level would allow. They unionized and robbed a company of money it should not have paid out. As a child you saw this and it made an impression on you because you knew you were in the same boat as they. Now many years latter you have established your life around a union existence and scared of your fragile life coming apart.

Who are you to say what someones labor is worth? I don't believe NW has any carribean hubs so how exactly are you going to avoid the cold? I've worked union and non-union shops. You talk about unions like you just saw on the waterfront. The way you see the world it owes you for being so smart. I'm sure if you were that bright you would not be turning wrenches for a living, you would be a bonafide professional with a postgraduate degree in engineering, or any discipline. The older I get the less I worry about what someone else believes. I've lived long enough to know the way this business is. I'm not going to change worldcom or enron, but the hell I'm going to tell another American they should live in squalor because I'm better than them.

I'm not here to dictate how much a person should make. I'm here to protest union’s methods in robbing a company through pay increases for non-productive people, increased benefits that a company can’t afford and insane arbitrations to keep a company from getting rid of an undesirable. I could care less how much a person makes as long as they are cost effective for the company. It has been proven here at Northwest how gluttonous unions are. If other majors wish to continue to be competitive in today’s industry they had better get onboard with Northwest in shattering these parasitic unions.

PlayTheOdds said:
I'm not here to dictate how much a person should make. I'm here to protest union’s methods in robbing a company through pay increases for non-productive people, increased benefits that a company can’t afford and insane arbitrations to keep a company from getting rid of an undesirable. I could care less how much a person makes as long as they are cost effective for the company. It has been proven here at Northwest how gluttonous unions are. If other majors wish to continue to be competitive in today’s industry they had better get onboard with Northwest in shattering these parasitic unions.
[post="302293"][/post]​
<_< Who the hell died and made you Judge Judy??? Your last post is nothing but pure B.S.!!! Son! Your in it for the money, and nothing else! So enough of this B.S. and at least be honest enough to tell it like it is!!! OH, I forgot, honest and SCAB, just don't mix!!!!! Do they!!??

PlayTheOdds said:
[post="302293"][/post]​
Since you claim that the unions are responsible for the condition of the airlines, then please explain to me what happended at Continental during the Lorenzo years. He used bankruptcy and busted all the unions, paid his scabs garbage wages with no benefits and treated them like dirt over a period years but still Continental lost tons of money. In fact, they declared bankrutpcy once again, long after the unions were gone and some say Continental was within minutes of shutting down forever. And this was when the other majors were making record profits with their UNIONIZED workforces!

I have always said that I was here for the money. I wouldn't participate in union busting for nothing and I don't know a single person that would. The money is first the union busting part is one of the benefits you guys claim contractors don't have. You guys were warned do not strike and you did so get over its failure.

PlayTheOdds said:
I have always said that I was here for the money. I wouldn't participate in union busting for nothing and I don't know a single person that would. The money is first the union busting part is one of the benefits you guys claim contractors don't have. You guys were warned do not strike and you did so get over its failure.
[post="302335"][/post]​
I am not a NW employee and never have been. I have always said that NW planned this for a long time and wanted this strike. However, you did not answer my question as to why Continental was a total failure under Lorenzo's tenure when the unions were long gone.

There are indeed some very poorly run companies out there that require no help from a union to fail. I feel no sympathy for companies and stockholders that do not monitor their own business. One single man cannot destroy a company. There are many failures along the way before it can go that far.