When Is B6 Coming To Rdu?

RDUSWF

Aug 30, 2002
I had read several articles stating that B6 would be coming to RDU once they received their E-190s. Is this still the case?

If yes, then when is the ETA?

What destinations will be served?

I would imagine that with the introduction of E190s other cities like the (RDU JAX AUS CLT STL BNA MEM PIT) range would probably be high on the list

while larger cities (DFW DTW ORD IAH) would still tend to be A320 cities due to greater population base.

They (Jetblue) will go when it is profitable to do so.

I would suspect to introduce a new plane (not just new to company but NEW plane period), a new fleet type. the safe bet is to cycle it close to home (crew/maintence bases) to increase dispatch reliablity and the like. since 7 are supposed to be "online" by dec 2005 a "shuttle like" operation would fit that bill
Perhaps a BOS JFK? then other "fill in flights" to exisiting Blue Cities (BTV ROC BUF SYR) in between A320 flights. then after experience is gained new cities.

however the number one destination out of RDU is in fact NYC (JFK LGA EWR included in that). Low cost serivce does not go to those cities, RDU is in fact the state capital thus could put it slightly ahead of say CLT where there is a great demand to NYC (as evidenced by DL and AA entries into CLT NYC) and now low cost entering the CLT HUB (air tran) or GSO where the population base is a bit lower (so if "incentives are offered in the same way the GOV of VA offered for RIC serivce) RDU could possibly have an edge there.

I would suspect that with an acceptance rate of 3 E190s per month and 1 airbus every 3.5 weeks for the next few years more cities are on tap just a question of the order in which they open.

:ph34r: