When will SWA go to Hawaii???

Who are you? I’m the leader of the auto bots. Do you have memory issues?

Bret Oestreich, national director of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, or AMFA, sent out a statement today saying the union will file for a cease and desist order that will “stop Southwest dead in its tracks” in regard to the Hawaii flights.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...st-mechanics-threaten-to-throw-wrench-in.html

PRESS RELEASE: SOUTHWEST MECHANICS THREATEN TO THROW LEGAL WRENCH IN AIRLINE’S PROPOSED HAWAIIAN OPERATIONS

http://www.amfanatl.org/index.cfm?z...le.cfm&HomeID=675887&page=Southwest20Airlines
So what? I could care less. Your point is???

I hope WN starts with an already fleshed-out schedule to all of the major islands, not just Oahu. It will give flyers a lot more options and flexibility in their travel plans.
I agree jim. Were still not sure exactly what flights will be announced first. But this is all more good news. From what I hear they will hit the major islands and grow from there even with inner island hopping, I think soon after start up, so we will see.
Very glad to see this come to life, and I know you were too Jim. Finally, right?

We got final approval now Jim. It should be a matter of days before we start selling tickets. Keep your eyes open. Last minute spring breakers will be watching too.
Article below indicates a 255.00 fare out of San Diego for May time frame. That's the cheapest I have seen to date so far, still very curious to what SWA will charge. Good luck Jim...

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...-be-too//RK=2/RS=HJ3q4zCZO3cAwm2_m3OTV7wnajQ-

Some more good news.
We are hearing of some kind of news announcement coming from SWA on the 11th. Have no clue what it is about, rather dealing with the mechanics issue, or rather dealing with the Hawaii issue. I would think it might have to do with the Hawaii announcement of selling tickets but, only a guess on my part.
Mind you all that the 11th is the very day before our next round of nego's. So take it as you may. Just passing along what we hear...

Southwest Airlines readies Hawaii flights in West Coast push

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Some more good news.
We are hearing of some kind of news announcement coming from SWA on the 11th. Have no clue what it is about, rather dealing with the mechanics issue, or rather dealing with the Hawaii issue. I would think it might have to do with the Hawaii announcement of selling tickets but, only a guess on my part.
Mind you all that the 11th is the very day before our next round of nego's. So take it as you may. Just passing along what we hear...

Southwest Airlines readies Hawaii flights in West Coast push

Thx for that Jim. I was under the impression that the mods had to delete.

Never expected the prices to be this cheap. Holy cow this is gonna pack the planes. $49 intro, and $189-$215 for summer travel.
What do ya think Jim? Hope this will last for a good while. Now just waiting for the inner island flights to be announced...

"Introductory fares start at $49 one way for travel into mid-June, according to Southwest's website. The cheapest fares are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and are likely to sell out quickly. Fares for peak summer travel range from $189-$214 each way. The airline didn't formally announced the start of ticket sales but quietly launched a Hawaii ticket portal."

How sweat is that???

Wow!!! Inaugural flight already sold out. Now that was fast.