When will SWA go to Hawaii???

You guys have been working without a contract and management doesnt seem to be in a hurry... Insert this etops aluminum suppository deep and maybe theyll get off their asses..

May not have to worry about it for a few years. According to this article they are now saying up to a few years until we fly to Hawaii. Could it be because of the cease-and-desist filing? IDK.

Southwest Airlines Just Ordered 40 More Boeing 737s
Well let's put it this way Swampy, they probably realized how long it takes to get an ETOPS program. I had a friend of mine used to work for Delta, they wanted to fly their 757s ETOPS with the Pratt engines, took 2 years to get the approval.

Pay attention to this article. Notice after the Hawaii statement they also just revealed Thur. that SWA will also be adding flights to the new Paine Field terminals being added in Everett Washington. The big news here is the 1.89 billion in 4Q profits...

Southwest gets boost from tax law; beats Street 4Q forecasts
Yes, but it also points out the rise in labor cost, get what is fair, so we can all have long term employment.

They are not yet close enough on the back pay (bonus). I will not agree to anything but full retro. Part of back pay is that Snap Up raise at DOS, that too will have to meet back pay due to us.
The company has made no mention what so ever about scope, they seem to want it all with NO movement from 5 years ago. If we lose that much scope I think the heavy maint will be gone where we currently do them.

SWA reps were here last week interviewing tech ops companies for etops maintenance. Word is HNL in October.. OGG in November. LIH in February.. Inter island late 019.

SWA reps were here last week interviewing tech ops companies for etops maintenance. Word is HNL in October.. OGG in November. LIH in February.. Inter island late 019.
The mechanics at SWA had not had any ETOPS training, you have ETOPS specific parts, none are labled that yet, it would probably be faster to buy an ETOPS airline, just like when we bought Airtran for the international flights, and 737-800 orders.

Interesting article I found from 2012.

http://www.nycaviation.com/2012/04/...st-boeing-737-800-is-kind-of-a-big-deal/21873

ETOPS rating: An acronym for extended operations (alternatively: Engines Turn Or Passengers Swim) any twin-engine commercial plane that flies a route that takes it over 60 minutes from a diversion airport must be ETOPS certified. Southwest’s 737-800s are the first planes in the fleet to hold the certification, which requires certain safety equipment onboard (you’ll notice ceiling compartments holding life rafts) and stricter maintenance practices. Southwest is mum on route plans, but the new planes could allow new routes to Hawaii. In fact, Hawaii is the only destination Southwest could possibly need ETOPS for.

Where is here? Are you in Hawaii? Oct. seems to be the month they like launching new international so why not?

I have heard of the Southwest Effect kicking in before SWA starts a new destination, but, I have not ever seen it kick in this early ahead of a launch destination. I have seen it start after SWA announces the cities and routes they will fly but never almost an entire year before hand. I would think this is just the competition currently servicing Hawaii, but I could be wrong, maybe it is the Southwest Effect hitting the Hawaii flights with cheaper fares. I am hoping to see an Oct of 2018 for our new Hawaii flights to start, but that would be tough to carry out by then...

BusinessPuget Sound Business Journal
Boeing's Dreamliner deal with American Airlines defers 737 deliveries

Latest posts