When will the fighting machinists actually join the fight?

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
We see the videos from the twu, why not a joint video from the association?
Someone remind me of the benefits of the association.

As sad as it is, the infighting and differences of 2 unions running an asso. compiled of 2 different unions just doesn't make good sense. I sure hope you mechanics will not have to deal with it for the rest of your careers. I also hope you guys will get a vote on AMP sometime this year, or at least the announcement of said vote for AMP.
The leaders of this asso. know just how important it was to do the asso combination by getting thru the back door as they were getting ready to lose the last mechanics group in airline aviation to lose both the TWU and the IAM in one clean swoop. It was detrimental that they force this fiasco asso. onto it's members without a vote to keep the dues machine still rolling into this industrial union.
Sign them cards ladies and gentlemen. Get a new kick start on your careers, your class and craft. Your futures depend in it. Become the majority of the union not the minority as you are currently. Things sure would get a whole lot better. It did for us 10 fold once we finally pulled that trigger. Good luck to all of you, I look forward to hearing about the AMP vote soon...

We see the videos from the twu, why not a joint video from the association?
Someone remind me of the benefits of the association.

I always found the moniker "fighting machinists" quite comical. The closest I have seen the IAM live up to that name is when they allowed alcohol at union meetings and members started going to blows.

Why ruin a good thing for the IAM.
We have TWU guys that are just as content as the IAM guys. You can only explain so much to one person for so long until you realize nobody is home upstairs.

The problem has always been waiting for the Industrial Unions to come out fighting. My question is when are these industrial unions going to stop leaving the Mechanics in their wake? IMO

wish it was a holiday for us! feel free to join the fight whenever you feel like!

I always found the moniker "fighting machinists" quite comical. The closest I have seen the IAM live up to that name is when they allowed alcohol at union meetings and members started going to blows.

You want to know where the "Fighting Machinists" are? Read this article to find out how tough we are, especially with you limp wristed TWU members:
http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/06092/678833-28.stm

"We will strike if provoked"
"You're about to get your butt kicked"
"Who the hell are you to come to our city?"

is membership in the association worth paying your partners 2 times what you are making today?
when they refuse to help?

Latest posts