When will the fighting machinists actually join the fight?

Same reason we tolerate you...

You both are guests and are welcome.

Why do you hate him so much? He has his opinion and you have yours.

You aren’t the Airline Forums Boss. So don’t try to act like you are. Who are you to say who’s welcome and who’s not? And who cares who you tolerate or not either.

You ONLY go after driver for his opinions because you like the AGENDA swarat brings to the board.

We’ve been out of bk since 2012 we gave more in 03 then other airlines that went tru bk. Even non union delta . We lost our double time double and a half on holidays that went from 10 down to five delta didn’t even lose that. We’re not in the same boat anyway. We have a union who want no communication with us. At least your union let the vote be herd but the union members spoke loud and clear and voted it down. You have to except that are go in management . If your so unhappy. Even though our pay is higher you guys are better off. Holidays holiday pay triple time . All that adds up I hope you get more in the new contract so either the twu mans up and gets what we lost and more back are mechanics get pissed over it and sign cards.
I understand what you lost, if we had gone bankrupt we wouldn't have all these rules. We weren't losing any rules which is what AMFA preached about for years, then suddenly it became about economics that said American was getting $55 a hour a lie that the president of AMFA Brett perpetrated to get guys to vote no. Then we have the vote leak fiasco on Facebook, at the start of our voting process, that showed the way AMFA wanted to vote to go, so nothing was found wrong. You can blame your Association all you want, but if management doesn't want to move, there is nothing to update. All unions are the same, it's about dues money. AMFA just paints a good picture. The fact is if you kicked your Association out tomorrow, you would still end up in mediation and it would still take as long to produce a contract. What will be amazing is if you get the magic AMP , will you still be singing their praises if you are still under your bankrupt TWU contract 5 years from now. If you get them out which contract is used the TWU bankrupt contract or the better IAM contract? Face it, it will be tied up in the courts for years!

Same reason we tolerate you...

You both are guests and are welcome.

Why do you hate him so much? He has his opinion and you have yours.
I don't like him, because he post half truths and says what's going to happen at a company , he doesn't work for.

No I will stay at SWA really don't care about what American does. I just don't understand why you guys tolerate Swarat?
I don't and I see he bothers you.
BTW, do you frequent the AMTS on the UAL forums to push the Teamsters over ALTA? Maybe you and your sandbox buddy should drag yourselves over to UAL and play with them for a while.

Reactions: B737 driver
I don't and I see he bothers you.
BTW, do you frequent the AMTS on the UAL forums to push the Teamsters over ALTA? Maybe you and your sandbox buddy should drag yourselves over to UAL and play with them for a while.
Their page is pretty much dead. As long as the guys think AMFA is doing a good job, they will stay at SWA. If the mechanics at American Airlines don't care enough to sign cards the Association stays and AMP is dead.Then we just wait both of us to vote on a contract.

I don't like him, because he post half truths and says what's going to happen at a company, he doesn't work for.

In my opinion, anyone that is represented by an Industrial Union lives in a cloud of half-truths.
You have no idea what you are talking about. I could say I don't like you and that you post half-truths.

Last edited:
In my opinion, anyone that is represented by an Industrial Union lives in a cloud of half-truths.
You no idea what you are talking about. I could say I don't like you and that you post half-truths.
I post my opinion and what we were told by our union. Your mind is clouded by your hate of your union. Just because you have independent union at American Airlines, if you are ever able to achieve that , doesn't mean it would be any better. You guys could have easily had AMFA in there like Northwest did, they could have pushed you to strike during Bankruptcy, just like they did at Northwest, and your job would be gone.Then American merge with USair and only the IAM represent the remaining group.

I post my opinion and what we were told by our union. Your mind is clouded by your hate of your union. Just because you have independent union at American Airlines, if you are ever able to achieve that , doesn't mean it would be any better. You guys could have easily had AMFA in there like Northwest did, they could have pushed you to strike during Bankruptcy, just like they did at Northwest, and your job would be gone.Then American merge with USair and only the IAM represent the remaining group.

That is exactly what I am talking about. I don't hate the union, at times they have been there for me as any paid service provider. What I do not care for is their leftist political propaganda, the assumption that all members would vote Democrat. So tell me as a Republican, do you vote straight party Democrat because your Teamsters tell you who and what to vote?

That is exactly what I am talking about. I don't hate the union, at times they have been there for me as any paid service provider. What I do not care for is their leftist political propaganda, the assumption that all members would vote Democrat. So tell me as a Republican, do you vote straight party Democrat because your Teamsters tell you who and what to vote?

If the only reason you don’t want to support your Union is because the ideology leans more towards supporting a particular Political party over another than you have a too narrow and insulated focus on things.

BTW did you see this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-are-not-republican-union-president-says.html

No I tend to vote republican, and as I get closer to retirement , I vote republican, because I do not want to be taxed to death on the money I saved for retirement.