When will the fighting machinists actually join the fight?

not anytime soon.
That dude is a freakin moron. Don't fall for his BS, he is just craving for posters to engage him. You really would do better just putting him on ignore, it makes for a much much more enjoyable forum. Once you try it, you will never go back. And much less stress with him out of the picture.

the negotiating committee wants our support, when will the FULL negotiating committee support us?

What is your plan? Sit around and complain to each other in the break rooms, forums and fb?

yup, its not even half of the membership, 30% of the membership is wagging the dog. and the sad thing is its not the membership that lacks the fight but the leadership that is making decisions that will cost their OWN membership in the long run. the only thing i can say is that they must feel very comfortable in their position. I.A.M. - M.I.A. again.

Reactions: swamt
80 percent of iam want their pension, medical, and seniority. What are the chances, we can just demand twu, build walls around our core stations amend our own contracts, at this point, even if it is a lesser contract than Iam's in the future.? If I'm twu, i go to chamber of commerce, and airport commissions, Boeing and explain the job scope, although like i said earlier, I believe, last thing Doug wants is Texas breathing down his neck. The twu is being played and its time to play back. Trumka is a real askhole for this. Let Iam sue, who cares? we'll sue back for the lies, and start our own discovery process.

80 percent of iam want their pension, medical, and seniority. What are the chances, we can just demand twu, build walls around our core stations amend our own contracts, at this point, even if it is a lesser contract than Iam's in the future.? If I'm twu, i go to chamber of commerce, and airport commissions, Boeing and explain the job scope, although like i said earlier, I believe, last thing Doug wants is Texas breathing down his neck. The twu is being played and its time to play back. Trumka is a real askhole for this. Let Iam sue, who cares? we'll sue back for the lies, and start our own discovery process.
That’s the reason for this association iam knew they were the smaller group over twu members and we would vote to get back what we lost. So trumka and Sito must of made Jim little a offer he couldn’t refused now we have this pos association that takes both to sign to bring it back for a vote.

Reactions: Buck
That’s the reason for this association iam knew they were the smaller group over twu members and we would vote to get back what we lost. So trumka and Sito must of made Jim little a offer he couldn’t refused now we have this pos association that takes both to sign to bring it back for a vote.
Mediation won't help the TWU members. It sure will benefit the IAM members. Mediation is kicking the can down the road for the IAM. Unfortunately we as TWU members are losing potential thousands of dollars in compensation.

Mediation won't help the TWU members. It sure will benefit the IAM members. Mediation is kicking the can down the road for the IAM. Unfortunately we as TWU members are losing potential thousands of dollars in compensation.
actually it will hurt the iam aka mia their decision to not be a partner and join the fight has allowed the company to realize the opportunity to divide and conquer. the blunder of the decision y the iam leadership will allow the company to make some very compelling arguments for their position:
1) iam pension: all pensions have been frozen except for this one all employees are on the 401k contribution system its just too costly to maintain the bookkeeping system to maintain it.
2) iam medical: yes it has survived bankruptcy at a regional carrier but as a major carrier the cost of the plan and the possibility of 110,000 other employees wanting it is cost prohibitive. also the cost of maintaining a separate plan negates any discounts for them and the other employees.
3)catering: yes we maintain it but the cost of maintaining it out ways what everyone else is doing in the industry, and 70% of the other airline (aa) does not do it
4) we want to give more benefits to the twu but we cant because of these issues it would be just cost prohibitive to the airline and the other employees. besides if it meant that much to them would they not take part in any of the twu protests? Mr mediator we have moved on many issues the association refuses to move on any issues, we really want to help the rest of the association membership, but this small population is holding it back.
again we stress if it meant that much to them would they not join in on the protests to keep it? we have seen no sign of this.

Reactions: swamt
yup i can see it now, 3 years down the road whats on the table will be what we end up with, why? because the iam has allowed the separation and disunity to occur. they felt very content with their position, until the company stabbed them in the back. and they still do nothing. nothing.M-I-A your membership deserves better, then the failing road you are traveling.

Last edited:
Lets see if they bother showing up, or just tell us to pack sand. Again.

I know it dose not help us but since the association requires both signatures to get a Ta out for a vote. They can keep holding out for there pension as long as they want and us the bigger group gets no say unless we take care of ourself sand sign and vote in amp amfa are any independent non afl/cio union to represent the mechanics and related . Sito has to have his big paycheck and his retirement.