Where are Jesse and Al?

LD3

Veteran
Oct 16, 2003
CLT
Visit site
This may link or you may have to paste....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/philadelphia-police-punch-woman-puerto-rican-parade-video_n_1929009.html

If this would have been a white cop they would be on every national outlet demanding justice....

I have to laugh when I hear these "If the victim were white...." or "If the cop was white it would be all over the news. Are there minorities who are racist? Yes. Had whites treated minorities a little better over the past thousand or so years perhaps it would be more news worthy. And no I do not think it is right. The question I have to ask is, would you rather be a white person involved in the legal system or would you rather be a minority involved in the legal system? Who do you think gets treated better? Nearly everyone of my non-white friends has been stopped and harassed by cops for not being white. I have never been harassed and on the few occasions I was stopped (for speeding) I was given a break on several occasions.

So please don't sit here and try to imply that the inequality in the legal system or any place else for that matter is equal among the races because the facts just do not bear that out.

Reactions: 1 person
. Had whites treated minorities a little better over the past thousand or so years perhaps it would be more news worthy.

In your mind do you think it is only whites that have mistreated minorities over the past thousand years? Slavery has been around a while and it hasn't always been the white man being the slave holder.

Wow, going back a thousand years, that's a stretch....My Italian grandparents were treated like crap when they immigrated over, some of the old timers say they were treated just as bad as the blacks, so spare me your bull about minority's being treated badly a thousand years ago....A black police officer hits a woman in the face and you seem to think because of slavery doesn't make it news worthy...

First off being treated like crap is quite bit different than being a piece of property. Secondly I never said it was justification but that due to the history this what it is. There has been far more abuse of white on xxx than xxx on white. Its a pendulum. It used to be all the way on the other side where no minorities had any rights. Now.the pendulum has swung the other way and is slowly coming back to the center. Eventually it will center its self.

What happened is wrong. Its on video and hopefully he will be sanctioned if not fired. Not everything is news worthy. It is what it is in part because of history. Just because the civil rights act passed in '64 does not mean that the field is clean and level. I would much rather be a white involved with the law than a non-white. Who do you think get more abused by the legal system?

My German parents were treated like crap as well. My dad was turned down for a FO job with Delta in '51 because he was Jewish. Still not anything compared fo being property.

Hey did you hear the one about...

Circa 2000, a black man was shot in the back and killed by a police officer during a domestic dispute in my area? It should have made the headlines worldwide like any other minority vs. police outcome. Al and Jesse should have came and sung their Kumbaya minority being brutally treated by police song like vusual, but the crickets were deafening.

Never heard about it, huh?

Spiro Agnew caught heat when he said the media only shows images of police brutality and not what led to the so called police brutality...or something to that effect.

So why no outrage? Oh yeah, the cop was black. Case closed and swept under the rug.

First off being treated like crap is quite bit different than being a piece of property. Secondly I never said it was justification but that due to the history this what it is. There has been far more abuse of white on xxx than xxx on white. Its a pendulum. It used to be all the way on the other side where no minorities had any rights. Now.the pendulum has swung the other way and is slowly coming back to the center. Eventually it will center its self.

What happened is wrong. Its on video and hopefully he will be sanctioned if not fired. Not everything is news worthy. It is what it is in part because of history. Just because the civil rights act passed in '64 does not mean that the field is clean and level. I would much rather be a white involved with the law than a non-white. Who do you think get more abused by the legal system?

My German parents were treated like crap as well. My dad was turned down for a FO job with Delta in '51 because he was Jewish. Still not anything compared fo being property.

So now the XXX have to catch up? First off, history can be altered. The whitey didn't go in dark Africa and capture 1000 of slaves every night. It defies logic, because even in a jungle those who know the territory are more likely to survive by sheer numbers. The Native-Americans proved this because they were not made slaves by the whitey. Whitey just took their land or gave them trinkets and booze for it.

To say the "Africans" were easy targets is like making villains into victims. Face it...the chiefs were selling their UNDESIRABLES to get rid of them, much like Fidel Castro did with Carter the imbeccille!