Where is Mr. Chipp???

nosedive

Dec 31, 2002
Been watching this board now for a couple of months and I have noticed that Mr. Chipp has disappeared completely. Did he get layed off? Did he quit? Is he working at Crystal City now as Mr. Dave''s righthand?
Just curious

Chip said a final good bye to this board. He felt un appreciated and ridiculed.... He no longer post on here !

----------------
On 5/13/2003 6:20:57 AM usfliboi wrote:

Chip said a final good bye to this board. He felt un appreciated and ridiculed.... He no longer post on here !

----------------​

Actally I think he felt ridiculous, not ridiculed. After months of trying to convince everyone of secret corporate transactions and USAir's plans to conquer the world, nothing has materialized. Not one single thing he claimed as indisputable fact.

I would be interested to know if he is posting elsewhere and if he's still spreading the same mis-information. Does anyone know?

----------------
On 5/13/2003 2:58:29 AM nosedive wrote:

Been watching this board now for a couple of months and I have noticed that Mr. Chipp has disappeared completely. Did he get layed off? Did he quit? Is he working at Crystal City now as Mr. Dave''s righthand?
Just curious

Or maybe he is serving his country as a Reservist against terrorism.....

"There are no regional jets at US Airways. Dave Siegel, his name be praised, is ordering A-380s as we speak."

- Mohammed Saheed al-Sahaf, US Airways spokesman

----------------
On 5/13/2003 11:13:26 AM 767jetz wrote:

----------------
On 5/13/2003 6:20:57 AM usfliboi wrote:

----------------​

Actally I think he felt ridiculous, not ridiculed. After months of trying to convince everyone of secret corporate transactions and USAir''s plans to conquer the world, nothing has materialized. Not one single thing he claimed as indisputable fact.

I would be interested to know if he is posting elsewhere and if he''s still spreading the same mis-information. Does anyone know?

----------------​

Chip ridiculous????

IMO, you are wrong. Much has materialized, and the "new corporate transaction" is right before your very eyes. Can you say...small jets....small jets...small jets....small jets 1,000,000 times.

Mainline will be evaporating as the RJs come on board, and they will be taking mainline out and fleet...but still maintaining at least 279 airplanes, just as ALPA contract stipulates.

The 279 aircraft stipulation in ALPA agreement didn''t say what kind of planes to maintain.
If I''m wrong, someone please make the correction.

The IAM Mechanic and Related specifies the 279 planes:

Scope and Job Security.
The Scope and Job Security provision in the 2002 Restructuring Agreement is eliminated and replaced as follows:

• The Company will maintain a minimum fleet size of 279 Total Mainline* Aircraft (inclusive of maintenance and spares), subject to a force majeure clause that includes acts of terrorism.

*Mainline excludes MDA RJ aircraft

PITBull,
ALPA contract stipulates that the 279 does not include any RJ's. I don't have the exact wording since we don't have a copy of the contract. But checked with my rep and this is true.

However, when has a contract meant anything to Super Dave and Co.
15.gif

----------------
On 5/14/2003 12:03:42 PM dfw79 wrote:

Hang in there and hope these $4 billion worth of new equipment will actually lead job stability and recalls for everyone. The planes may be smaller, but heck...a job is a job is a paycheck.

At least they haven''t tried anything back handed like my last employer, America Online, who is now in the process of opening a new call center in South Africa. First the Phillipines, then Mexico, then India, now South Africa.  At least U''s res agents are safe for now.

----------------​
Careful what you say, one or more management persons monitoring this forum may read this and submit this to the new and improved employee suggestion program!!!

Hang in there and hope these $4 billion worth of new equipment will actually lead job stability and recalls for everyone. The planes may be smaller, but heck...a job is a job is a paycheck.

At least they haven''t tried anything back handed like my last employer, America Online, who is now in the process of opening a new call center in South Africa. First the Phillipines, then Mexico, then India, now South Africa. At least U''s res agents are safe for now.

----------------
On 5/13/2003 9:39:18 PM a320av8r wrote:

PITBull,
ALPA contract stipulates that the 279 does not include any RJ's. I don't have the exact wording since we don't have a copy of the contract. But checked with my rep and this is true.

----------------​
The only problem I am having with that language is that it is from the summer of 2002. At that time, MDA was being considered as a "wholly owned" subsidiary of USAirways, Group. However in the winter, the language regarding 279 aircraft stayed the same. What changed was MDA now was being presented as a "division" of Mainlline. Like MetroJet was. I don't know,,, abut I have learned a hard and long lesson....I don't trust this management.

And, you know when trust goes out the door in any negotiations, so do the rules.

----------------
On 5/13/2003 9:39:18 PM a320av8r wrote:

PITBull,
ALPA contract stipulates that the 279 does not include any RJ''s. I don''t have the exact wording since we don''t have a copy of the contract. But checked with my rep and this is true.

----------------​

Sorry to disappoint... the contract does not require 279. It is down around 240. (I am sorry I do not know the exact number, but what does it matter, ALPO has not refused any amendments to the contract when the company comes a calling.)

The 279 was going to be attempted in good faith. (Lots of that around ya know.)

Fact is what is called US Airways is the new COMAIR East. (a rose by any other name...) It is only a matter of time until they complete the 500 RJ purchases.

Wow 240,that''s your management making good use
of all the bankrupcy concessions.These guys have
done nothing more than what Gangwal was going to put
into place.He just did''nt have the stomach for
screwing the employees anymore.Siegel also has''nt
decided if he needs to park some more planes,maybe
go to 180-190 due to the war.What war I''m not sure,
maybe the class war.

Now you''ll note that United is reinstating flights.They
have noticed an improvement in bookings.This in stark
contrast to what USAir is spinning,plus we have no flights
across the Pacific where they''re having this real bad
flu epidemic.

Maybe Steve Wolf had it right when he said that U just
did''nt have the size or the financial wherewithal to make
it on it''s own,it needed to merge.Chip would you agree?

Anyway maybe it''s all academic now,like Phoenix said we
will be Comair east feeding the Star big boys.While the
new and improved USAir management keeps you under their thumb...

The IAM mechanic and related contract says 279:

Returns Scope and Job Security.
The Scope and Job Security provision in the 2002 Restructuring Agreement is eliminated and replaced as follows:

• The Company will maintain a minimum fleet size of 279 Total Mainline* Aircraft (inclusive of maintenance and spares), subject to a force majeure clause that includes acts of terrorism.

*Mainline excludes MDA RJ aircraft

Flew the Shuttle this morning (5/22)at 10 AM from DCA to LGA. Capt.Munn at the controls. Excellent pilot, but that business about having to stay seated for the whole flight (vs. the DCA 30 min. rule), because that was "his" policy, was a bit over the top.

Latest posts