Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MIA

• STL

• ORD

• Total voters
is between JFK and EWR ........ most likely JFK Terminal 4 ..where also Virgin Atlantic will move ..i heard !!!! with their famous Clubhouses around the world :up: :p :D

I hear it is Miami.

Don't discount the Brit's affinity for their little islands in the Carribean (from a MIA hub). Also, the whole South Beach image fits well with Virgin. Finally, I doubt they would pick Jet Blue's backyard when there is so much more real estate in this country to work with.

Miami is ripe for the plucking from ailing AA.

trolly dolly said:
is between JFK and EWR ........ most likely JFK Terminal 4 ..where also Virgin Atlantic will move ..i heard !!!! with their famous Clubhouses around the world :up: :p :D
They can't move to T-4, becuase they have a contractual agreement to remain in T1, as they have a vested interest in the terminal.

Pittsburgh- It is a brand new airport, centrally located....

They would get alot of co-operation from local authorities, since USAIRWAYS is under-utilizing the International Airport....Has really cut flights in favor of Philadelphia and Charlotte....

I know Virgin Atlantic doesn't fly there yet...... :D

Regarding PIT...it's better to under-utilize the airport than to over-utilize the local demand. PIT doesn't have a large enough local market to substantiate a low fare carrier hubbing there.

When is VA going to start flying in the US? I highly doubt they will start out of JFK. It's to saturated in JFK. PIT might just be the ticket for VA. They keep saying a new airline is to start flying out of PIT and they're not talking about Mid-Atalntic.

New Virgin airline in talks with Phila. about HQ
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/43140565?-303

1) UA out sources cargo to Zurich-based Swissport
2) AA out sources catering to LSG/Skychefs
3) AA used to handle the revenue managment functions for Canadian.
4) DL out sources reservations calls to India & Philippines

Even though there is a 25% ownership law, Branson could start, fund and effectively control all aspects of a US based airline. He can own 25% voting rights in an airline named Virgin USA that out sources all of its functions. It just so happens that all the outsourced functions would be provided by an entity called Virgin Atlantic. Cargo handling, catering, revenue management and reservations, etc. could be outsourced to Virgin. No need for VUSA to even own planes, these could be leased from Virgin as well. Even better, VUSA could wet-lease the aircraft and would have no need to even hire pilots.

A pilotless airline? Seems possible.

Instead of concentrating flights in a Hub, why not have a network of 20 to 25 flights a day out of several major or medium-size cities with very little low-fare competition. Examples would be MSP, DTW, CLE, PIT, CVG, SFO, DFW. Virgin would have the resources to sustain a price war with the majors out of these cities.

richb624 said:
Instead of concentrating flights in a Hub, why not have a network of 20 to 25 flights a day out of several major or medium-size cities with very little low-fare competition. Examples would be MSP, DTW, CLE, PIT, CVG, SFO, DFW. Virgin would have the resources to sustain a price war with the majors out of these cities.
I'm sorry, did you say WN? It worked for them, why not for Virgin?

An article was out two days ago about California's newest Governor having meetings with Virgin to base the operation at LAX, or somewhere in California with tax breaks. Maybe it is not all about the Northeast corridor after all.

Latest posts