Wheres our $1000 bonus?

D7571987

Senior
Oct 2, 2015
Southwest and AA giving $1k to employees because of the Tax reform. Time for UAL to match.

B6 and AS are getting it as well.

DL already issued a memo essentially telling us it wasn't gonna happen.

Hopefully, Oscar and Co. come through for you guys!

B6 and AS are getting it as well.

DL already issued a memo essentially telling us it wasn't gonna happen.

Hopefully, Oscar and Co. come through for you guys!
Did Delta give any reasons Kev? If Delta were to do what they do best, then I might expect them to wait for all the airlines to join in at the $1000 point, then after the other airlines have handed them out, I bet Delta tops the payout of bonuses to say 1500 or 2000 bonuses to each employee. The savings for each employee is much larger for the company's than the 1000 they are giving. I am also gonna guess that United will also follow the airlines with the 1000 bonus eventually.

I saw a note circulating yesterday that was sent out to UA managers which essentially says they didn't plan to be doing as AA, B6, WN, or AS did with the $1000 payouts.

Arguably, UAL sees no immediate benefit from the tax law, since they still have loss carry-forwards, and won't be paying taxes for a couple of years.

To be fair, AA also has carry-forwards, but their profit sharing pretty much sucks compared to everyone else.

DL is already offering better than average compensation and top of the industry profit sharing. If the company makes more money in 2018 because of the change, employees stand to get far more than $1000 via profit sharing. They'd be foolish to offer them now.