Which City In Ohio Should Jetblue Go To?

Which City in Ohio should JetBlue Go To? Pick 2

• Akron-Canton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cincy

• Cleveland

• Columbus

• Dayton

• Toledo

• Youngstown-Warren

• Total voters
My Picks are Cincy because it can drag a lotta a people from Indiana-Ohio-Kentucky.

Youngstown. Sure I am bias here but look at where it is! It is directly between Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Akron and Erie! Dead center. That is 12 million people to drive from. It has very ez highway access. Would fit well because Akron is full and it can grow YNG into a CAK. Perfect for the new EMBRAERS JetBlue bought.

---

YNGAirport said:
My Picks are Cincy because it can drag a lotta a people from Indiana-Ohio-Kentucky.

Youngstown. Sure I am bias here but look at where it is! It is directly between Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Akron and Erie! Dead center. That is 12 million people to drive from. It has very ez highway access. Would fit well because Akron is full and it can grow YNG into a CAK. Perfect for the new EMBRAERS JetBlue bought.

---
[post="282250"][/post]​

who do u fly for?

YNG really needs to decide what they want the airport to be. The Valley is never going to have much in the way of paasenger service again. Generations of people who haven't left are used to driving to CAK, CLE or PIT. Those who did leave are used to flying into those airports. Offering subsidies isn't going to fix the problem. YNG could have done what CAK did, and become a defacto reliever for both PIT and CLE. But that chance has passed. PIT has a ton of empty gates, CAK is building a new terminal that can be expanded. CAK full? Hardly.

If B6 is going to fly to Ohio, my votes are TOL and CVG (which technically is in KY). DAY and CAK have FL, CLE has WN, and CO will match fares as soon as the press release is put out. CMH is a cutthroat market, leaving CVG and TOL. TOL could be another FNT or CAK. Getting DTW area flyers to drive past DTW down to TOL has proven next to impossible, TOL should focus on getting NW Ohio residents to NOT drive past TOL. CVG has a ton of unused terminal space and runway capacity. All the non-skyteam airlines could be moved into T1 or T2, leaving the other open for B6 to agressively open up the station.

Just because there is alot of unused space at CVG doesn't mean that DL won't fight like all get out to limit B6's ability to grow CVG - a pretty small market to begin with.

Remember that Atlanta is one of the only (if not the only) market B6 abandoned. You can bet B6 and DL both took careful notes, as did B6 and CO during the former's recent expansion into the latter's EWR hub - a much bigger market than any Ohio market (perhaps bigger than all of the entire local market in Ohio put together!)

I understand your point, but don't forget, DL doesn't have a lot to fight with. They're scraping cash together wherever they can find it. DL hasn't done a lot to endear themselves in CVG. For years they were one of the most expensive markets in the country to fly from. Many local travellers have gotten used to driving to DAY, CMH or SDF. B6 could draw a lot of those travellers back into CVG. 190 is a perfect aircraft to open CVG. They can fly anywhere in the US from CVG, and not have to open too much capacity in the market.

The flaw in this survey is to think that B6 will fly to 2 Ohio cities. One is likely but two might be a stretch at least initially when you consider that there are many medium to large sized midwest cities B6 could fly to. Given that most are dominated by a legacy carrier or are near a legacy hub, B6 will have to deploy alot of resources to make a launch into any of the midwest cities successful. CMH makes more sense geographically and from a market size perspective than either CLE or CVG.

Agreed -- CMH will enjoy B6 service. O&D, geography and economy.

However, the most exciting development in Ohio airports will be when CO is inevitably sold, CLE de-hubbed and WN increases CLE service.

Sorry YNG, but nobody wants to visit the Valley.

We are #4 in the USA for the best golfing. We got the world loved Mill Creek Park. We are within an hour of Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Akron-Canton.

Sure you say NOBODY WANTS TO VISIT THE VALLEY; well 3 other people in the poll agree with me 100 seat regional jets can be a reality at YNG.

Personally, I think it will be a long time before B6 goes into ANY Ohio market. There is a multitude of much bigger markets available to them. I expect they will challenge AA at DFW or CO at IAH before going into what are now considered the "medium" markets.

The 190s would certainly be a more comfortable aircraft than any of the AE or CoEX a/c for some of the longer stage flights they cover now.

I think B6's first moves will involve something like JFK-DFW-LGB or JFK-IAH-LGB or substitute FLL for the JFK origin. Neither the plane nor its passengers is taxed to the limit by flying a transcon, but is used in O&D station to O&D station segments. It won't be marketed as a one-stop from JFK to LGB, but rather non-stops from New York to Dallas and Dallas to California. Hey maybe we'll get those neat seatback TVs on the S80. :lol:

jimntx said:
Personally, I think it will be a long time before B6 goes into ANY Ohio market. There is a multitude of much bigger markets available to them. I expect they will challenge AA at DFW or CO at IAH before going into what are now considered the "medium" markets.

The 190s would certainly be a more comfortable aircraft than any of the AE or CoEX a/c for some of the longer stage flights they cover now.

I think B6's first moves will involve something like JFK-DFW-LGB or JFK-IAH-LGB or substitute FLL for the JFK origin. Neither the plane nor its passengers is taxed to the limit by flying a transcon, but is used in O&D station to O&D station segments. It won't be marketed as a one-stop from JFK to LGB, but rather non-stops from New York to Dallas and Dallas to California. Hey maybe we'll get those neat seatback TVs on the S80. :lol:
[post="283967"][/post]​

They have no more slots at LGB. They will not be flying any DFW/IAH-LGB flights. To be successful, they need at least three daily flights on the routes. They aren't going to waste slots on that.

For Ohio, I'd say CHM or DAY (DAY is an alternative to Cincy, esp. the wealthier northern suburbs). Isn't WN pulling out of CLE? Or was that just a publicity war? But I have to agree... it seems there are bigger fish to fry than Ohio to start. How about a little hub-busting? MSP, perhaps? ORD? I bet we'll see a slew of 190's in BOS.

Latest posts