Which FA base is the most junior at US?

silverbird007

Senior
Aug 1, 2012
MIA
Can anyone tell me which base is the most junior? LGA used to be the most junior at AA, I think it still is but I see a lot of the new hires are going to DFW. Back in the 90s you had to wait months to get to DFW. We are getting a few in MIA from each class but we need a few hundred! LOL

Now that east and west are finally combined, it's PHX. CLT, PHL and DCA are all about the same.

Thanks for the info, once we combine (whenever that may be) it will be interesting to see if LGA is still our junior base. Didn't US have a big fa base there at one time? If so that may become a lot more senior if the US fa's still want to be based there. Of course they cover all 3 NY airports. No problem if your off reseve tho. Actually pretty good flying with all the transcons.

Thanks for the info, once we combine (whenever that may be) it will be interesting to see if LGA is still our junior base. Didn't US have a big fa base there at one time? If so that may become a lot more senior if the US fa's still want to be based there. Of course they cover all 3 NY airports. No problem if your off reseve tho. Actually pretty good flying with all the transcons.

I don't think I would characterize the LGA F/A base for US Airways "big," but there was a base there. The very senior there were ex-EAL shuttle who made the switch to Trump Shuttle, then US Air Shuttle. Then, the rest of the roster would fill with new hires who could only hold that base (because few from the non-Shuttle USAir were the least bit interested in being based in NYC and flying mostly Shuttle trips.)

When they closed the base, many of the ex-EAL hung on and now commute to PHL, CLT and DCA. They still have strong roots in Long Island and southwestern Connecticut. I am certain they are chomping at the bit to get back into a NYC base....and they are VERY senior, with some DOH in the early 1970s. (Maybe even 1960s.)

IIRC, don't f/as at US have bump privileges if they want to move to another base? No such animal at AA. In order to transfer to a base with us, there has to be a vacancy in the base roster, or you do a mutual lateral transfer with another f/a who wants to come to your current base, or you get a hardship transfer. (And, do NOT get me started on the buddy system that runs the hardship transfers at AA. People getting transfers to be based with their boyfriend qualifies as a hardship. A flight attendant with 3 small children in Dallas and a deadbeat ex-husband couldn't get a hardship transfer to DFW.)

Some of the new hires are going to LGA, so unless something changes its probably no problem to transfer there.

Some of the new hires are going to LGA, so unless something changes its probably no problem to transfer there.

Like I said, some of the US flight attendants are chomping at the bit to go back to LGA or JFK. There are not that many of them in the grand scheme of things, but they do have 30+ years with the airline.

The AFA has always merged lists by DOH. Any idea, conjecture, prophecy on how AA and US will combine? (Just don't ask Nicolau to arbitrate.)

Probably DOH, this is an actual merger so I'm sure the APFA is not going to ruffle any feathers, they got an election coming up!

No its not official but with the Bond-McCaskill law, all employee integration must be done in a fair and equitable manner. (Or something like that) not sure of the exact wording. So because APFA would probably like to remain as the fa union, I'm sure they will go along with DOH. (just my opinion tho.) When AA purchased Reno the fa's got date of purchase, and same with TWA. Not sure about AA's previous acquisitions or mergers. Those were before my time.

Back