Which VPs are out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this in the Dallas News.

Paul Morell will be interim vice president of safety, security and environmental programs. He currently holds that title (minus the interim) at US Airways. He will retire after a replacement is named.
Ed Bular will help the new American coordinate efforts to get a single operating certificate, then leave the airline. He is currently senior vice president of flight operations at US Airways.
Leaving the merged airline “over time” will be:
David Campbell, vice president of safety and operations performance at American.
Fred Cleveland, chief operating officer and senior vice president of technical operations at American Eagle.
Lauri Curtis, vice president of flight service at American.
Ken Durst, vice president of line maintenance at American.
Dion Flannery, president of US Airways Express operations.
John Hutchinson, chief financial officer and senior vice president of finance planning at American Eagle.
Don Langford, vice president of customer care at American.
Bob Maloney, vice president of operations control center at US Airways.

Looks like most keep their jobs,.....

Oh well. "There goes the neighborhood." Doesn't much matter, as all can reasonably expect nothing more than concerted efforts at turning American into AWA-Grande/"Low-Cost/Class-Carrier" anyway. The American employees, as completely disenchanted as they are with their current, alleged "management", just don't know that yet. It'll be interesting to see how well all will actually play out there.

Reactions: 1 person
[sub]They have improved US Airways tremendously, why would you not expect the same? And save me the crap about how great you used to be........[/sub]

Reactions: 2 people
[sub]They have improved US Airways tremendously, why would you not expect the same? And save me the crap about how great you used to be........[/sub]

Psssst.....East, I think you just got B-slapped. :lol:

You have to admit that was a +1, my friend.

So was it your campaign that will cause Bular to retire after the certificate is taken care of? Does that satisfy you guys?

He should have fired the low-life that called him a scumbag in a west crew news session.

Yeah. Ask the frequent flyers who have left in droves just how much it has improved since the Tempe Brain Trust took over. Art in ISP, where are you?
Be careful drawing conclusions based on FFs who post on Internet bulletin boards such as this one and FlyerTalk. They are not necessarily indicative of the larger FF population. Yes, I am one; I do not work for an airline, never have. And, let's remember US has improved quite a bit over the last several years from the dark days two bankruptcies.

So was it your campaign that will cause Bular to retire after the certificate is taken care of? Does that satisfy you guys?

He should have fired the low-life that called him a scumbag in a west crew news session.

Try to impress the AA folks with your so called-legacy. Someone convinced Parker A330's were the qualifier for his position at HP.

Maybe he lacks the qualifications to head a department with triple sevens.

The shoe fits.

Try to impress the AA folks with your so called-legacy. Someone convinced Parker A330's were the qualifier for his position at HP.

Maybe he lacks the qualifications to nead a department with triple sevens.

The shoe fits.

The Ho-Jo painted A320s that his former managers ran didn't cut it I guess..........

" B-slapped." by some cubicle-dwelling "management" rat? You must be joking. :)

Your evidenced ignorance speaks volumes, in that neither you nor any of your AWA ilk have ever seen even the slightest semblance of a respectable airline from the inside....unless you were, long-ago, buying tickets on one. USAir was not the pinnacle of such, but AWA?....Well...Words just fail me. One would have to go back in time, before such as yourself could ever claim to be "airline pilots" to know how things once were, and indeed should be. Ignorance isn't always Bliss, but forward yours as proudly as you feel the need to...and all I can say there is that I honestly feel sorry for you.

Reactions: 2 people
[sub]And save me the crap about how great you used to be........[/sub]

I certainly will, since you never were, nor ever will be any even slight semblance of "great", and your obvious, glaring ignorance clearly prevents you from even imagining such a concept. ;) Back to your cubicle and knee-pads now. :)

Your evidenced ignorance speaks volumes, in that neither you nor any of your AWA ilk have ever even seen the slightest semblance of a respectable airline from the inside....unless you were buying tickets on one. USAir was not the pinnacle of such, but AWA?....Well...Words just fail me. One would have to go back in time before such as yourself could ever claim to be "airline pilots" to know how things once were, and indeed should be.

I'll forego US Air's Sullied legacy prior to a miracle. The "rookies" of America West retired their certificate without a fatal accident. I know what it is like to fly for a respectable airline with the legacy getting passengers from point A to point B in one piece. Can you say the same?

I'll forego US Air's Sullied legacy prior to a miracle. The "rookies" of America West retired their certificate without a fatal accident. I know what it is like to fly for a respectable airline with the legacy getting passengers from point A to point B in one piece. Can you say the same?

Yeah, Piedmont Airlines. And for me and 99.999% of my co-workers US Air and US Airways. 20,000 hours without a scratch on an airplane or passenger.

The "rookie" comment was an embarrassment to me, but you need to get that chip off your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.