WHO WANTS TO SEE THE ENTIRE PROPOSAL?

DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE ENTIRE CONTRACT?

• YES

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • NO

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Do you have, “an agreement in principle,” (AIP), or a full text contractual agreement? Do you have any agreement at all? Or is the association fishing for what the membership will accept?
The TWU was always allowed by the company to represent that AIP as unicorns and rainbows; the Company remained silent.
Several failures in Arbitration, and, usually one or two better deals on the contract extensions; we’d be headed back into negotiations never having gotten to where we had been told by the TWU that we would be.
TWU Battle Cry: “Don’t Worry Boy’s, We’ll Get’em Next Time!”

“Those that do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it; usually, the next semester.” (Readers Digest, Quotable Qoutes, Circa 1980?)
If you guys manage to get a new contract, and then you want the Association out, they will beg you to stay just like the Teamsters did us in 2003. I thought it was a mistake to go with AMFA, and I was proven wrong. The biggest difference between Northwest AMFA and us at SWA AMFA is we were smarter and didn't fall into their trap. Plus we are the biggest voting block in AMFA , so we control what happens. Good luck guys. I hope you pass us in pay.

Reactions: dfw gen
If you guys manage to get a new contract, and then you want the Association out, they will beg you to stay just like the Teamsters did us in 2003. I thought it was a mistake to go with AMFA, and I was proven wrong. The biggest difference between Northwest AMFA and us at SWA AMFA is we were smarter and didn't fall into their trap. Plus we are the biggest voting block in AMFA , so we control what happens. Good luck guys. I hope you pass us in pay.

Hey Driver care to expand on your statement of how you were smarter than us at NW AMFA and how you guys didn't fall into their trap? What trap was that?

Reactions: B737 driver
Hey Driver care to expand on your statement of how you were smarter than us at NW AMFA and how you guys didn't fall into their trap? What trap was that?
When they forced them into a strike vote, and knowing when they walked they were replaced. But those guys were screwed anyway, because if the voted for the bad contract half were gone anyway. I believe the company wanted an injunction against us, but when you follow their procedures , there is nothing to argue. There was a perfect storm with the Max grounded, and bad press that actually produced our results. Be we remained professional, and didn't fall into the injunction trap.