Who was working on this aircraft?

...I was told that we have lost three MLG tires on the 9's in the past two weeks.... As of now all 9 break and tire changes require RII inspections...It just seems to me that any mechanic should be able to look at it and say "hey something just isn't right here and discover their blunder."

The problem is the caliber of mechanics...er SCABs that are working on nwa aircraft. MM says torque to 90 then they torque to 90. to hell with these little bolts. besides once you put the cover on everything looks fine. <_< . I also find it laughable that they need an RII inspection on a wheel change. ROFLMAO!

The problem is the caliber of mechanics...er SCABs that are working on nwa aircraft. MM says torque to 90 then they torque to 90. to hell with these little bolts. besides once you put the cover on everything looks fine. <_< . I also find it laughable that they need an RII inspection on a wheel change. ROFLMAO!

US AIR had the same problem on the F100. A tire change was an RII
Item until they welded the spacer to the nut.

We might have broke AMFA's record. It is a problem that will be corrected just as it was corrected when AMFA had their rash of 9 tires falling off. I would be willing to bet this has happened at every airline that operates the 9.
At US Airways, we never had a problem with DC-9 tires coming off and AMFA does not fix airplanes, their members did.

Just show your mentality, or shall I say lack of it.

I would really like to see where the axle-nut sits when torqued without the spacer. It just seems to me that any mechanic should be able to look at it and say "hey something just isn't right here and discover their blunder." I don't know that for sure though, I've never seen what one looks like with out the spacer.
Why would you need to see the job done incorrectly in order to understand that somethings not right?

NWA does'nt provide you SCABS access to M.M. Procedures?

Why would you need to see the job done incorrectly in order to understand that somethings not right?

I would just like to see if there is a big difference in the way the finished job looks if it is done incorrectly to see if the Mechanic is a bumbling idiot or made a common error when dealing with DC-9 tire changes is all. I did find out today that two of the three tires that came off was done by the same mechanic. I don't understand the difficulty in putting something back together the way you took it apart.
NWA does'nt provide you SCABS access to M.M. Procedures?

Yes they do local are you so ignorant not to realize that apparently someone left the spacer out of the maintenance manual provided to this particular mechanic. :lol:

you want to talk ignorance, pto you are one ignorant scab. ever since scabs took over, it sure is scary to even look at NWA let alone watch pax get on and off the planes!

...We might have broke AMFA's record....It is a problem that will be corrected just as it was corrected when AMFA had their rash of 9 tires falling off. I would be willing to bet this has happened at every airline that operates the 9. I do agree with you guys though that these are some ignorant mistakes.

I'm not following you where you say AMFA's record? When AMFA began representation at nwa no personel changed. The same mechanics were there the next day doing the same job they were doing all along. Unlike when the AMFA struck and replacement SCABs came on the property to do our work. These losers probably never changed a tire on a large aircraft. And who is helping them change them? The managers and skip-mechanic/manager/SCABs. The managers who couldn't function as mechanics and jumped ship to mgt before the strike.
Its the ill-trained, aided by the incompetant, smoothed over by the untrustworthy and then paid by the Barons to do sub-standard work. And where is the FAA in all this? Curiously not in the picture.

I'm not following you where you say AMFA's record? When AMFA began representation at nwa no personel changed. The same mechanics were there the next day doing the same job they were doing all along. Unlike when the AMFA struck and replacement SCABs came on the property to do our work. These losers probably never changed a tire on a large aircraft. And who is helping them change them? The managers and skip-mechanic/manager/SCABs. The managers who couldn't function as mechanics and jumped ship to mgt before the strike.
Its the ill-trained, aided by the incompetant, smoothed over by the untrustworthy and then paid by the Barons to do sub-standard work. And where is the FAA in all this? Curiously not in the picture.
"AMFA's record" I am referring to the rash of DC-9 tires you guys had coming off about two or three years ago. You do recall that don't you? I do not mean any disrespect towards you but these AA Guys have pumped you AMFA Boys up into Mechanical Gods. You should have been here when all of this first started, it was pretty nasty to say the least.

"These losers probably never changed a tire on a large aircraft."

Now this is where the AMFA propaganda comes into play. These Losers as you call them have kept the same airline going with less than a third of the numbers you guys had. This has got to say something about their abilities. I can understand your dislike of us but there is no need to cloud the facts with bogus propaganda you listened to last year. The facts speak for themselves.

:lol: Do you really believe that line of BS Don? Many of your buddies are here did they also lose their Mechanical Godhood when they crossed the line? Sub-standard? You must have been at the AMFA Rally listening to the Stewardess spew his lies about us and then brag about how he supports your efforts and than walked across you picket line to board the very aircraft he said was unsafe to fly. Hmmmm, I find that interesting. As far as the FAA goes they were here in force scrutinizing everything. Five ramp checks Don, that is what I went through. Five ramp checks in less that three months and there was nothing nice about none of them. Do not believe for a minute that the FAA was turning a blind eye towards this because that is not the case. I hear the MEL count was down to 178 last week. Do you honestly think that is not impressive? AOS count hangs between seven and twelve on average. Zero LTI's last month. That is the first in NWA history. Come on Don, How long are you going to listen to the AMFA lies and believe them? What do you think about not being able to vote on none of the NWA proposals?

I would just like to see if there is a big difference in the way the finished job looks if it is done incorrectly... apparently someone left the spacer out of the maintenance manual provided to this particular mechanic...

The answer is NO, there isn't a huge difference thats why you stupid SCABs keep putting them on wrong. Just check on the tire cart if you want to see what the spacers look like...thats probably where you numbnuts are throwing the "extra part" after a tire change. Typical of you to blame the Maintenance Manual...all the parts are there dope and their in the IPC too.

"AMFA's record" I am referring to the rash of DC-9 tires you guys had coming off about two or three years ago. You do recall that don't you?"

No I don't recall any "rash" of tires falling off nwa aircraft...17 years with nwa...nope...can't recall any rash.

"These Losers as you call them have kept the same airline going with less than a third of the numbers you guys had."

Thanks to Bobby DePace and the IAM doing your job on days and afternoons and the MEL book, I'm sure you think you are handling it just fine.

"...Do you really believe that line of BS Don? Many of your buddies are here did they also lose their Mechanical Godhood when they crossed the line?

I don't have any "buddies" anymore working at nwa in DTW. Any mechanical professionalism they had they is moot now since they stabbed us in the back by crossing.

"...As far as the FAA goes they were here in force scrutinizing everything. Five ramp checks Don, that is what I went through. Five ramp checks in less that three months and there was nothing nice about none of them...."

It was my understanding that the FAA was doing all of your paper work for you SCABs in the beginnning since you "didn't know the aircraft and weren't familiar with the computer system"

Right before the strike we couldn't get a part to clear an MEL...nwa was sitting on them in hangar 2 and when the SCABs came in guess what?, all the parts were available to fix the MELs so the count went down...yea, miraculous...You guys slapped a part on the aircraft and some manager came behind you and whipped the log book...

US AIR had the same problem on the F100. A tire change was an RII
Item until they welded the spacer to the nut.
Chicago express, Aerogenisis, and I believe timco also required an rii. I dont want to have to look over the shoulder of every mech out there, but if thats what it takes so be it. I also have pased word to the other inspecters to try and keep an eye out whenever a tire change is being done.

“The FAA doing our paperworkâ€￾? Don that is the number one post of the most ignorant top ten union posts made here since this began. That just goes to show how effective AMFA's brainwashing of you guys really is. You sound like Princess without her passion. Just pure ignorance rambling on and on. Unreal, absolutely unreal.

I'm sorry Princess I am dead wrong on the above statement. That’s a robbed statement that is something robbed would say that he dreamed up out of his bag of pure ignorance. I think that one tops robbeds statement of us using pencils so we can erase what was written in the logbook. You know robbed the guy that takes the term "pencil whippingâ€￾ literally. Don when you first came here I thought you were a decent man with some intelligence but with that statement your intelligence level just dropped to well below robbeds. I am not even going to bother with the rest of the trash you wrote up because the FAA doing our paperwork statement alone proves the ignorance you are here to spew all by itself. Is this really you Don or is one of your drunken buddies posting on your screen name? I just cannot believe that an A&P of seventeen years would say something so stupid.