Who would like to answer this difficult question?

Let me type slowly for you - AT Controllers were deemed "essential" employees and must show up for work...
The must not do ANYTHING. They have the option to quit and find another job.

How long would you work a job were you aren't being paid, but were promised back pay at some unknown point in the future...
I don't know. How long have AA employees been working under a concessionary contract?

And if they either start calling in sick, or move on to better jobs, such as driving a bus in Tulsa, they will need to be replaced.
No different than anyone else.

The replacements will need to go to the ATC training center in OKC. But those are NON ESSENTIAL employees, so they have been furloughed. So there is nobody to train the replacements.
Just like there was no one to train the replacements in 1981? You are deluding yourself.

Remember...when Reagan fired the controllers, not all of them walked.
They won't all walk this time either.

Ah....the visions of a great America.
Indeed. Decreasing illegal immigration is a vision of a great America.

Last edited:
Technically, the Taft-Hartley

About that ad. When the air traffic controllers were fired the first time, I lived near Houston Intercontinental airport and knew several controllers. One of them kept boasting that he knew that no one would take his job while he was on strike. That people just wouldn't be that low down. Imagine his surprise when all the strikers jobs were filled in a very short time.

Now, I'm writing using information that I gained when I worked for the Texas Employment Commission (now known as the Texas Workforce Commission, see the difference? Of course you do.:rolleyes:) That makes the information approximately 40 years old, but I think it still applies. There is a Federal law (Wage Theft Law, I think) that prohibits requiring people to work, but not paying them. Govt. shutdowns are probably exempt, but then we never had a govt shutdown until just a few years ago; so, maybe not. It would be really funny if the govt employees required to work end up winning a lawsuit against the government with damages. One of the govt. employee unions has already filed suit to get wages paid on a timely basis.:D
Well, that's not all of the story.
I was at Fort Rucker (Home of Army ATC Services Command) at the time.
When Reagan pulled experienced ATC Controllers from ALL branches of Service to replace striking workers.
If he did not do this, they may have been successful in their strike.
For years and after that, military ATC personnel were leaving in droves.
The reup bonuses where from $16,000 to $25,000+ and had few takers.
JMHO
There is nothing stopping Trump from doing the same thing.

Last edited:
It was planned here too. For many reasons. One of them was to screw the working class out of all our hard fought gains. the third world was brought in to destroy the unions. It worked.
Do you really believe Trump cares about you?
AlfredKiss.gif

The must not do ANYTHING. They have the option to quit and find another job.

I don't know. How long have AA employees been working under a concessionary contract?

No different than anyone else.

How many AA employees are working for no pay....only the promise of back pay once Junior turns blue? You really think NOT GETTING PAID AT ALL is equivalent to a concessionary contract??

Just like there was no one to train the replacements in 1981? You are deluding yourself.
The government is shut down. "Essential employees" are not getting paid. ATC trainers are not "essential" so they are furloughed. I suppose they could bring them back...at nothing more than a promise of back pay, but no ACTUAL paycheck - unitl Junior turns blue. How many takers? I hear bus drivers get paid pretty good in Tulsa.

They won't all walk this time either.
They don't all HAVE to walk...just cutting back will mean that the ATC system cannot handle the same numbers of aircraft. Fewer aircraft means decreased options. Decreased options can (and will) impact business....not just airline business, but businesses that depend on airlines to get their employees to a client site.

It's called a "ripple effect"...and if the shutdown lasts long enough, it will impact Trumps vaunted stock market. If the stock market doesn't like it, neither will investors. Most shareholders would rather pay a reduced tax on a high income...not a reduced tax on a lower income. It might impact how they feel about the pouter in chief.

As an aside...do you remember the days when the right was blasting Clinton (and to a lesser degree, Obama) for basing their decisions on poll results? And here they are, defending a guy for keeping the government shut down because he was upset that two college dropouts with radio and TV shows said he was weak if he caved.

Tell me KCFlyer are you even aware or does your blue tinted filter keep you blind to the fact?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england...1im8hDHdXLpz7HoqV5r59DVkFgAUbZ1aI1JARGLiEtlrA

Oxford Street terror plotter Lewis Ludlow 'took orders from IS'

A man who planned to kill 100 people in a London terror attack was instructed by an Islamic State (IS) commander to make the British people "pay in their blood", a court has heard.

You want daily updates on these bastards?

I can provide them.

The United States news media certainly won't.
Apparently xUT thinks terror is funny.

How many AA employees are working for no pay....only the promise of back pay once Junior turns blue? You really think NOT GETTING PAID AT ALL is equivalent to a concessionary contract??
You missed the point. If you work at a job where it is likely you will have periods without pay you should prepare for them. I can show you a bunch of aircraft mechanics with high dollar pickups, Harley Davidson motorcycles, jet skies, high performance sports cars, high dollar boats...... ask around and see how many put money back in case there is a strike.

These guys would cave in a heartbeat because they live their lives to the very edge of bankruptcy.

The ATC's I am betting are no different. Even though they are highly paid they take no steps to protect themselves.

The median annual wage for air traffic controllers was $124,540 in 2017, and the highest paid 10 percent earned more than $175,800.

I hear bus drivers get paid pretty good in Tulsa.
That is the second time you have made that same remark.

They don't all HAVE to walk...just cutting back will mean that the ATC system cannot handle the same numbers of aircraft. Fewer aircraft means decreased options. Decreased options can (and will) impact business....not just airline business, but businesses that depend on airlines to get their employees to a client site.
Who cares? There are a lot of other things that have had to "cut back" that are far more important. Medicaid has had to be "cut back". Social Security has had to be "cut back". Police departments have had to "cut back".

Slowing down illegal immigration will help our country financially far more than the wall will cost. The wall needs to go up. Don't feed me the lie the wall won't work either because we both know that is not true. If walls and fences didn't work they would not build them around prisons.

It's called a "ripple effect"...
You want to talk about ripple effects? Let's talk about the "ripple effects" of illegal immigration and how much it cost the US taxpayers EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

As an aside...do you remember the days when the right was blasting Clinton (and to a lesser degree, Obama) for basing their decisions on poll results? And here they are, defending a guy for keeping the government shut down because he was upset that two college dropouts with radio and TV shows said he was weak if he caved.
What color is the sky in this fantasy world of yours?

You missed the point. If you work at a job where it is likely you will have periods without pay you should prepare for them. I can show you a bunch of aircraft mechanics with high dollar pickups, Harley Davidson motorcycles, jet skies, high performance sports cars, high dollar boats...... ask around and see how many put money back in case there is a strike.

These guys would cave in a heartbeat because they live their lives to the very edge of bankruptcy.

The ATC's I am betting are no different. Even though they are highly paid they take no steps to protect themselves.

The median annual wage for air traffic controllers was $124,540 in 2017, and the highest paid 10 percent earned more than $175,800.

That is the second time you have made that same remark.

Who cares? There are a lot of other things that have had to "cut back" that are far more important. Medicaid has had to be "cut back". Social Security has had to be "cut back". Police departments have had to "cut back".

Slowing down illegal immigration will help our country financially far more than the wall will cost. The wall needs to go up. Don't feed me the lie the wall won't work either because we both know that is not true. If walls and fences didn't work they would not build them around prisons.

You want to talk about ripple effects? Let's talk about the "ripple effects" of illegal immigration and how much it cost the US taxpayers EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

What color is the sky in this fantasy world of yours?
i agree that it's scary to think of the number of IT, accounting and engineering jobts that will be taken by the fastest growing sector of illegals - Asians and Eastern Europeans. Tell me again how a wall along the Mexican border is going to stop them.

Latest posts