Who would like to answer this difficult question?

48958835_2241208099425001_4493909176128372736_n.jpg

Your Russian friends tell you those are all benefits of having an open border? Which only exists in the mind of Trump and his goobersmoochers? Why isn't a vet, if you are a vet, praising Trump for raising the pay of troops?

Why Dog. Did we catch you at work? Just take care of the customer like a good dog!

xUT showing his range of thoughtful and insightful participation over this thread the last couple of days.

I decided to consolidate them here so that scholars in the future can analyze them and decipher their deep meaning so they can simplify it for us mere mortals.

Truly these are works worthy of the great bard himself.

xUT.png
Now THAT is hilarious...:D:p:eek:
Trumpets wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face...:eek:
Just like your master liar in chief.:eek:
You're killing me here...:D:D:D
laughingpig-gif.13633

Why should I have standards above our POTUS and you Trumpettes?
funmeter-gif.13632
Maybe Dog can splian it 2U...:eek:
Keep those riveting, engrossing posts and helpful feedback coming.

I can hardly wait for the next one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
La Li Lu Le Lo, you were forward thinking in your attempt to get people to learn a new skill and create a "parachute" career path. I tried on several occasions to get fellow flight attendants to consider some sort of training not connected to the airline business. I had about the same results as you did.

I have to admit I had a step ahead. Flight Attendant was my 5th (and final) career. I had to do a LOT of self-teaching to make those changes.
I think having several careers is the norm these days. You hit the finish line in a good place.

Unfortunately instead of actually researching pay, marketability, estimated job growth (meaning future estimates on number of jobs), and career trajectory (what you will do with your degree 20 years down the line as opposed to your first day on the job) people just choose what sounds good to them at the time. Add a schools sales pitch into the mix and they may be going down a hard road of disappointments and debt.

A topic I like to draw attention to, we have for profit schools preying on people. This article sums it up nicely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/business/cosmetology-school-debt-iowa.html

I captured part of the article but there is a lot of information I did not. I encourage you to go read the article. It shows what a sad state we are in meeting education demands in our community.

The cost versus potential income of the education is WAY out of control.

A $21,000 Cosmetology School Debt, and a $9-an-Hour Job

Even with tips, Ms. Lozano didn’t earn more than $25,000 in any of her first few years as a cosmetologist. For years, she relied on food stamps and health insurance from the state. She couldn’t cover living expenses and keep chipping away at her loan payments. Thirteen years after graduating, she still owes more than $8,000.

In the fall of 2004, the college submitted an application to the state cosmetology board to open a program. But in early 2005, the Iowa Cosmetology School Association and La’ James sued Iowa Central and got a temporary injunction that prevented it from moving forward with the program.

The lawsuit argued that the state code prohibits public entities from competing with private ones. If Iowa Central opened a cheaper program, the suit contended, La’ James would be “irreparably harmed by the loss of employees, members, clients, students, potential employees, potential clients, potential students” and other factors.

Mr. Becher said the company had sued to “protect the students” from a subpar education. Ms. Wood Becher added, “It’s kind of a quality control thing.”

Cosmetology programs fared particularly poorly: Nearly 40 percent of them, including 12 in Iowa, either failed or were in a warning “zone,” indicating that their students were not making enough to comfortably pay back their debts.

Basically these private schools are charging 20K plus for what amounts to a 9 to 10 dollar an hour job. Many students are required so many hours to qualify for their license which are excessive and only serve to run up cost (these students were literally at a salon OWNED BY THE SCHOOL doing NOTHING for hours just to hit the hour quota for their license). The state tried to provide a cheaper solution only to have the private schools mire them in litigation for what they claimed "protected" students from a subpar education. In fact the only thing it did was protect the profits of these predatory schools.

This is why it is VERY important for students to research their options. It does no good to spend 10's of thousands of dollars on education for something that is low paying or unmarketable. Our education system (especially the text book publishers) are loading people with far too much debt in a rigged system. Rent-A-Center screws you less than these a-holes.

Want a prime example of schools screwing their students that hits close to home? Go price an A&P at Spartan vs Tulsa Tech. Get ready for what I have dubbed Spartan Sticker Shock.

Hopefully change is on the way.

http://www.statenews.org/post/new-bill-would-reduce-license-requirements-cosmetologists

Now, there’s a bill that would reduce the amount of training needed to get a cosmetology license while focusing on developing apprenticeships instead.

Democratic Senator Charleta Tavares says the idea is to cut debt for students who attend cosmetology schools. “The average salary of a beginning cosmetologist, a hair stylist, is somewhere between $19,000 and $25,000 dollars. And the debt is several thousand dollars of debt that they are carrying, that they are going to have to pay back at the same time they are trying to work and take care of their families,” she says.

Under this bill, students could take apprenticeships to get on the job training, thereby reducing costs.

I think having several careers is the norm these days. You hit the finish line in a good place.

Unfortunately instead of actually researching pay, marketability, estimated job growth (meaning future estimates on number of jobs), and career trajectory (what you will do with your degree 20 years down the line as opposed to your first day on the job) people just choose what sounds good to them at the time. Add a schools sales pitch into the mix and they may be going down a hard road of disappointments and debt.

A topic I like to draw attention to, we have for profit schools preying on people. This article sums it up nicely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/business/cosmetology-school-debt-iowa.html

I captured part of the article but there is a lot of information I did not. I encourage you to go read the article. It shows what a sad state we are in meeting education demands in our community.

The cost versus potential income of the education is WAY out of control.

A $21,000 Cosmetology School Debt, and a $9-an-Hour Job

Even with tips, Ms. Lozano didn’t earn more than $25,000 in any of her first few years as a cosmetologist. For years, she relied on food stamps and health insurance from the state. She couldn’t cover living expenses and keep chipping away at her loan payments. Thirteen years after graduating, she still owes more than $8,000.

In the fall of 2004, the college submitted an application to the state cosmetology board to open a program. But in early 2005, the Iowa Cosmetology School Association and La’ James sued Iowa Central and got a temporary injunction that prevented it from moving forward with the program.

The lawsuit argued that the state code prohibits public entities from competing with private ones. If Iowa Central opened a cheaper program, the suit contended, La’ James would be “irreparably harmed by the loss of employees, members, clients, students, potential employees, potential clients, potential students” and other factors.

Mr. Becher said the company had sued to “protect the students” from a subpar education. Ms. Wood Becher added, “It’s kind of a quality control thing.”

Cosmetology programs fared particularly poorly: Nearly 40 percent of them, including 12 in Iowa, either failed or were in a warning “zone,” indicating that their students were not making enough to comfortably pay back their debts.

Basically these private schools are charging 20K plus for what amounts to a 9 to 10 dollar an hour job. Many students are required so many hours to qualify for their license which are excessive and only serve to run up cost (these students were literally at a salon OWNED BY THE SCHOOL doing NOTHING for hours just to hit the hour quota for their license). The state tried to provide a cheaper solution only to have the private schools mire them in litigation for what they claimed "protected" students from a subpar education. In fact the only thing it did was protect the profits of these predatory schools.

This is why it is VERY important for students to research their options. It does no good to spend 10's of thousands of dollars on education for something that is low paying or unmarketable. Our education system (especially the text book publishers) are loading people with far too much debt in a rigged system. Rent-A-Center screws you less than these a-holes.

Want a prime example of schools screwing their students that hits close to home? Go price an A&P at Spartan vs Tulsa Tech. Get ready for what I have dubbed Spartan Sticker Shock.

Hopefully change is on the way.

http://www.statenews.org/post/new-bill-would-reduce-license-requirements-cosmetologists

Now, there’s a bill that would reduce the amount of training needed to get a cosmetology license while focusing on developing apprenticeships instead.

Democratic Senator Charleta Tavares says the idea is to cut debt for students who attend cosmetology schools. “The average salary of a beginning cosmetologist, a hair stylist, is somewhere between $19,000 and $25,000 dollars. And the debt is several thousand dollars of debt that they are carrying, that they are going to have to pay back at the same time they are trying to work and take care of their families,” she says.

Under this bill, students could take apprenticeships to get on the job training, thereby reducing costs.

Scammers suck don't don't they...:eek:

Trump University settlement

"For years, President Trump refused to compensate the victims of his sham university. His reversal in 2016 —and the large-scale settlement that resulted — opened the door for student victims to finally obtain the restitution they deserve," he said. "My office will continue to hold those who commit fraud accountable, no matter how rich or powerful they may be."

:eek:

xUT showing his range of thoughtful and insightful participation over this thread the last couple of days.

I decided to consolidate them here so that scholars in the future can analyze them and decipher their deep meaning so they can simplify it for us mere mortals.

Truly these are works worthy of the great bard himself.

View attachment 13634

Keep those riveting, engrossing posts and helpful feedback coming.

I can hardly wait for the next one. :rolleyes:
Some people write an essay and says nothing.
Your inability to grasp the meaning of my posts is a reflection on you...:eek:

Latest posts