Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Bob Owens
There is NO Such thing as Negotiations. Its all a Dog and Pony Show. The deal gets cut and then is forced to be taken to the floor for a bullshit Vote, that will always pass.

I bet all of you Voted for Fuctard Trump.

Where do you get your calculations on the company saving millions on the IAMPF compared to 401k
The 401 k match comes out to roughly $2.50/hr and is paid on EVERY hour worked, OT comes out to around $4/hr and IIRC ot is running around 20% of all hours worked. The IAMNPF is a fixed amount regardless of OT worked. IIRC it comes out to around $4k per year . Just straight time hours with the 401K match comes out to around $5K per year, then add another $1600 or so for OT hrs matched and the company would save around $2600 per man. Roughly $18 million a year just for Title I .

Reactions: 1AA
Our frozen pension will stay where it's at and will not be moved to the IAMPF!
I hope so and believe that will be the case but everyone should be aware that it could happen. Everyone should also be aware that the TWU and IAM already signed an agreement to put us all in the IAMNPF. That is not a scare tactic, that is fact. The TWU and IAM could agree to throw out that agreement, the only way I see them doing so, because they have chosen to leave it in place over the last four years, is if they face the threat of us leaving both unions. For the last two years that was not an option. If you recall they told us we would get to vote on the Association, but chose not to.

Just like you will get a vote for are against the association the twu is known for not telling the truth
Exactly, the statement that says they will not touch our pension is in exactly the same format as the statement that said we would get to vote on the Association, an unsigned Q&A sheet.

According to the TWU in 2014 you are correct.

https://twu514.org/blog/2014/08/14/american-and-the-frozen-pension-plan/

IAM National Pension Plan.
If and when we get this plan initiated it will be a separate plan. This means that you’r AA frozen plan stays right where it is and the IAM plan will start as a NEW plan.
Actually that's according to Local 514, the same Local that told their people to vote for the Bankruptcy contract. There is nothing in the agreement the TWU and IAM signed to support that statement.

Last edited:
Actually that's according to Local 514, the same Local that told their people to vote for the Bankruptcy contract. There is nothing in the agreement the TWU and IAM signed to support that statement.
I've seen no evidence that the TWU International repudiated these statements from Local 514. I did see this from Harry Lombardo in 2015 from the Local 505 site:
http://local505.twuatd.org/2015/05/04/arent-we-all-tired-of-the-misinformation/

AREN’T WE ALL TIRED OF THE MISINFORMATION?
Currently, there is information being circulated amongst the membership that would indicate that the lAM and the TWU have entered into an agreement to transfer the frozen TWU Pension Plan from its current trust to the lAM National Pension Plan.
NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

And this from "THE ASSOCIATION" Q&A:
http://www.usaamerger.com/twu-iam-association-qa-part-ii/

Q20: Are TWU members starting a new pension plan or handing over our frozen pension to the IAM National Pension Fund (IAMNPF)?

No. There is no plan to start a TWU pension or transfer the assets of the frozen pension to any other entity.

NO ONE qualified to receive or now receiving the AA Pension wants anything to change and there's no evidence to indicate there will be a change. Anyone with a different opinion certainly has my attention.

Another true statement in writing from the TWU, IAM and the Association.

You will vote on the association representation.

How did that work out?

Any statement in writing from the TWU, IAM and the association has no credibility. That has been factually proven.
Trust nothing they say. We need to rid ourselves from this disgraceful organization that they refer to as a union.

How did that work out?

Any statement in writing from the TWU, IAM and the association has no credibility. That has been factually proven.
Trust nothing they say. We need to rid ourselves from this disgraceful organization that they refer to as a union.

Actually it was only the TWU who said (Jim Little) that we would get to vote on the Association. Never read the IAM say that or an official Association document either.

Yes Legally what could be done? The rollover of our pension into the IAM or including us in the IAM Pension? As far as the Rollover I was answering what somebody else posted, he seemed to think it could not be done, I said I think it could be done.

NOW THEREFORE, TWU and IAM agree to propose a defined benefit pension with the IAMNPF in negotiations with the New American Airlines for single , combined Collective Bargaining Agreements covering Mechanic and Related, Fleet Service and Stores employees in order to provide a defined benefit benefit pension for those employees at American Airlines whose pensions were frozen in American's bankruptcy and to continue the participation of those employees at US Airways who currently have defined benefit pensions in the IAMNPF.

Hey Bob, one thing I know about some of the fleet guys, is because of some of the things you said 15+ years ago...because you were backed into a corner, and strong emotions they won't let go because they were being backed into a corner too.... Yeah the company really had it out for labor issues mostly due to flat rasm's, the terrible twa merger at the time, 911...then the Union, Little maybe a nice guy, but at the time he allowed to much division.

That said, present issues are

1. You guys need to go after Rosen and ask what Due Diligence he did on the iampf.
2. You guys need to go after Rosen and ask what Due Diligence he did on the Bond McKasgill language and this Association.
3. You guys need to go after Trunka, and find out what involvement he had in this Association, due to issue number 2.

Since you are not an officer anymore, and you do have a lot of respect, with everyone, even the guys attacking you, that's why the dredge up pretty quickly that link. Talk to Amfa, and have them provide with Lawyers they trust and costs involved, to go after these guys. This is not to start a card drive. This is to start a fire under TWU, and finish off what Lombardo, didn't do. There is a lot about this Association that was underhanded, and Rosen is still on board and culpable. TWU just can't continue to lie down, and not fight for us. IAM is having the TWU for lunch, while I like the Unity picture, but with Rosen still at the TWU, I smell a rat.

You guys lose your license signing off on work not done probably. Lawyers do too, and agreements become null and void, especially when they go against the interest of their members.

I'm still baffled as to why at least the LAA guys didn't storm the bastille over this injustice. In regard to the AA pension I'm not sure why we even care what the TWU/IAM has said or will say. AA has 100% control over the pension they fund, froze, and administer and the ASSociation can not demand any changes either through negotiation or litigation.

I'm still baffled as to why at least the LAA guys didn't storm the bastille over this injustice. In regard to the AA pension I'm not sure why we even care what the TWU/IAM has said or will say. AA has 100% control over the pension they fund, froze, and administer and the ASSociation can not demand any changes either through negotiation or litigation.

Why do you think the coup happened in the International? The IBT, CWA and then the IAM. The only one not trying to raid us was a resurrected International Ladies Garment Workers Union for Gods sake.

But with most legal agreements once they're written you can't just tear them up and say you don't like them when the guy who was in authority to be able to sign the deals had already done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.