Why there will never be a T.A.

So that's what we are being told.
In reality what do we actually know other than the usual Friday afternoon updates and shared information at the union meetings?
You have a choice do you believe what the company says or the union and the company has shone that they cannot be trusted they continually massage the truth

You have a choice do you believe what the company says or the union and the company has shone that they cannot be trusted they continually massage the truth
Both sides are saying whatever it takes to get a T/A done. It's a tug of war. Who loses? Currently the membership is losing. We see highlights. No details.
In my opinion both sides have lots of $$$$
to lose if either give into the others demands. Why do you think it's been over two years of a laid back pace negotiations process? We get no details from the union and the company sends us highlights and proposals full of positive exciting stuff. If things were that great from the company as they claim we would have had a T/A long ago. Think about it.

What do you think the outcome would be if they brought it, to a vote , and it was voted in. Would that be motivation enough for maintenance to get rid of the Association, or would they not care?

I don’t think a new union would come in. I would imagine that people would be fat dumb and happy with a new contract. We have had this concession contract for 15 years and yes the association is thought to be a scam operation anyway, but people are resined to the fact that we have to pay the juice to the association to work at AA. It’s like paying tolls to drive to work. Nobody likes it, but you have to pay the juice.

Reactions: swamt
The company has the associations proposal and has not responded except for negotiations on jetnet

As our NC has stated with us, then it's not official right? Nothing is official negotiations unless at the nego table and passes are made, correct?? SWA tried doing the same exact crap your co. is trying to do, nego. around the NC and try to nego directly with the members. As our co. found out very quickly it just doesn't work that way. Our membership fully supported the NC and told the co. to do their nego's at the table not with the membership in break rooms or on the co. internet and it worked. So hopefully the membership will tell the co. to pack sand and get back to the table.

Both sides are saying whatever it takes to get a T/A done. It's a tug of war. Who loses? Currently the membership is losing. We see highlights. No details.
In my opinion both sides have lots of $$$$
to lose if either give into the others demands. Why do you think it's been over two years of a laid back pace negotiations process? We get no details from the union and the company sends us highlights and proposals full of positive exciting stuff. If things were that great from the company as they claim we would have had a T/A long ago. Think about it.
I swear AA is playing the exact same playbook as SWA did with us, I mean to a "T". Co. was blaming the union, union was blaming the co. and it was stalemate for a long, long time. Then our co. started nego around the NC with the membership. Once the membership held strong and told the co. to get back to the table they finally did and started moving, even removing any scope ask. But we will see why they removed the ask when we get the T/A.
1AA, I think you guys are in for a long haul as we were. You guys are about where we were at 3.5 years and I think you guys have about 2-3 years left to go. JMO... Good Luck.

I swear AA is playing the exact same playbook as SWA did with us, I mean to a "T". Co. was blaming the union, union was blaming the co. and it was stalemate for a long, long time. Then our co. started nego around the NC with the membership. Once the membership held strong and told the co. to get back to the table they finally did and started moving, even removing any scope ask. But we will see why they removed the ask when we get the T/A.
1AA, I think you guys are in for a long haul as we were. You guys are about where we were at 3.5 years and I think you guys have about 2-3 years left to go. JMO... Good Luck.
And we still don't have a T/A after over 2 months.

If we follow UAL and SWA then it might just be around 2024 until we see a JCBA.
2018 plus 6 years will just about put us at the same pace as United and SWA.

If we follow UAL and SWA then it might just be around 2024 until we see a JCBA.
2018 plus 6 years will just about put us at the same pace as United and SWA.

Your main issues in Maintenance are regarding Scope. I think the other issues are very easy to get past.

Reactions: B737 driver
It's not about being their enemy, usually when there is a merger the surviving company union and benefits become the norm.If those two things are not going to survive the JCBA, because the American guys will not have those two items to begin with, then you use those two items Medical and the pension to gain stuff for the good of the group. Like if you can gain more work in house, you gained something for the group. Don't just give it away, even though you know it will be gone, get something for it.
The Association has stated there are gains throughout the JCBA are already. ( I understand why and have Zero issue with it, but, they are all bigger gains for the TWU members) Double time language , more holidays, more sick , more vacation, etc... What “stuff” would you hope to gain that would be worth more than the medical cost BACK IN YOUR POCKET and OUR WORK PROTECTED?

Reactions: swamt
The Association has stated there are gains throughout the JCBA are already. ( I understand why and have Zero issue with it, but, they are all bigger gains for the TWU members) Double time language , more holidays, more sick , more vacation, etc... What “stuff” would you hope to gain that would be worth more than the medical cost BACK IN YOUR POCKET and OUR WORK PROTECTED?
If you can get the medical great, the most important is scope. Is the medical more important than scope?

Latest posts