Why there will never be a T.A.

the best, quickest, easiest solution is for the twu to actually lead, for our leadership to get behind and start a card drive. unfortunately they are owned by the iam and refuse to act. the impediment has always been tulsa and title 2. it sounds like the tulsa impediment has been overcome. now title 2 needs to realize that under the iam and lus they virtually do not exist. under the association guidelines there will never be a T.A. brought back to the membership when BOTH sides have complete veto power. if the iam was on board from the beginning as an "actual" partner it would be a whole lot easier to fight for their medical and or pension. they chose to sit back an "wait" allowing the company to find the exact spot to drive the wedge.now when we go to mediation it will be very easy for the company to demonstrate why everyone needs to be on the same medical plan. what a shame they could have actually made the association work but chose the easy way out. inaction.
COMPLACENCY, Is how elections, and championships are lost, history is full of them.

Looks like negotiations for M&E have come to a halt.
Several issues that both sides won't budge on.
Outsourcing and Medical are two that I'm aware of and now the infighting of the Super Seniority between the unions and the Association. Too much going on and not enough progress in negotiations.
Sorry to hear this 1AA. Outsourcing, Medical, and this Super Seniority as well as ILC in the long run will be the biggest hold ups IMO. The problem is that I fear a mediator will have to come in and decide just like they did before for the regular seniority list. I would hate to have a 3rd party come in for the decision, the asso. needs to pull their heads out and come up with some kind of hybrid system or at least fence in the current ones that are already in (grandfathered) otherwise this will NOT get voted in by the TWU guys.
I am sorry guys, but I see this going well pass Sept 2018 and very well into a full blown sec 6, and that just sucks for you guys. If AA plays hard ball like SWA did, it mkay take as long as we went. Just hoping the asso. can step up but I seriously doubt they can or will with all the in fighting and disagreements between the two unions.
What's even worse than that is fleet and other groups has to all wait until the mechanics get their contract ironed out prior to seeing anything for them to vote on, and THIS is why the mechanics need their own union and fleet can keep this total dysfunctional asso. I sure hope you guys get it done, and now seeing this crap could end up going for some time out in the future, maybe NOW is the time to replace this dysfunctional asso. I honestly think it would be better for the mechanics group with a mechanics union at the table for them. Sign them cards gentlemen...

Envoy going in to Section 6. Interesting how Gary talks about rumors here and essentially telegraphing Negotiation strategies to the Company.

View attachment 13039
Thsnks for this update W. The last update we had was some articles were TA'd at the end of June. The International President never mentioned this at all. Not good at all. Hopefully American will expand scope to include us. Long stretch but one can hope.

I think maybe we should all wear red T-shirt’s and work all the OT the company asks for. Maybe turn down pizza.

That strategy really seems to be paying off.

Reactions: B737 driver
I think maybe we should all wear red T-shirt’s and work all the OT the company asks for. Maybe turn down pizza.

That strategy really seems to be paying off.
It might work big jets we had " Whatever it takes"magnets for our toolboxes, ask for mediation. Did a Family week overtime ban, got sued. Everyone worked overtime, did downlines, worked normal pace, worked more overtime, ate the company food. Pissed our mediator off, got put on ice with no talks for 7 months. Got an AIP in April 10 th. We finally announced a T/A in July. Not having our first road show till July 17, the road shows will end the end of August. We might vote in September. They had some vote no bracelets, but don't see anyone wearing them. Had some weird formula in our T/A. that you had to be a rocket scientist to figure out. Company got smart and emailed everyone here is your signing bonus amount that falls anywhere between 35 k to well over 60 k or more for people who have been on property this whole 6 years. Plus the fact we will not vote till September I am guessing, will guarantee a mechanic six months of backpay with the new pay scale, so now you are looking at 3 bonus checks if you vote yes. So there you go.

It might work big jets we had " Whatever it takes"magnets for our toolboxes, ask for mediation. Did a Family week overtime ban, got sued. Everyone worked overtime, did downlines, worked normal pace, worked more overtime, ate the company food. Pissed our mediator off, got put on ice with no talks for 7 months. Got an AIP in April 10 th. We finally announced a T/A in July. Not having our first road show till July 17, the road shows will end the end of August. We might vote in September. They had some vote no bracelets, but don't see anyone wearing them. Had some weird formula in our T/A. that you had to be a rocket scientist to figure out. Company got smart and emailed everyone here is your signing bonus amount that falls anywhere between 35 k to well over 60 k or more for people who have been on property this whole 6 years. Plus the fact we will not vote till September I am guessing, will guarantee a mechanic six months of backpay with the new pay scale, so now you are looking at 3 bonus checks if you vote yes. So there you go.

I have to admit, I would vote for that.

What is the main thing that most mechs have a problem with your TA?

We voted down a TA in 2010, and we have left over $150k in cash alone on the table, that is money we will never recoup. That after contract extension was turned down in 2008 with some contract improvements. So 10 years later we have a worse contract then what we voted in 2003.

We voted down a TA in 2010, and we have left over $150k in cash alone on the table, that is money we will never recoup. That after contract extension was turned down in 2008 with some contract improvements. So 10 years later we have a worse contract then what we voted in 2003.
They don't like LOA1 is gone, but we never had station protections anyway. Worried about moving people around . Concerned about maintenance control could do a downline if they needed too. Some people think the snap up is too low, that other Airlines would pass us. I really don't care what the guys across the street make. We actually gained some things. Here is our T/A if you want to look at it!

Attachments

• 1802final.pdf
    0 bytes · Views: 439

Sorry here is the copy of our T/A

Attachments

• 062518.pdf
    0 bytes · Views: 448