Why we need good written Languge

Wasn't the Pre-Funding in the 2010 T/A going to be left in place for only the 50 and older?

Reactions: 2 people
exs said:
Wasn't the Pre-Funding in the 2010 T/A going to be left in place for only the 50 and older?
Yes. But it doesn't matter anyway cause the Company still would have petitioned the court to end the benefit in BK anyway. So we still would have ended up exactly where we are today.

WeAAsles said:
Agree again 100%. Our biggest enemy has always been our own egos most of the time.
Hopefully those egos are a little less inflated this go around?
You're going to have to show me anecdotal evidence that they're less inflated, I've seen no evidence, in fact, they might be more inflated, due to the fact that they ramrodded the Association down our throats without a vote.

Reactions: 2 people
CMH_GSE said:
You're going to have to show me anecdotal evidence that they're less inflated, I've seen no evidence, in fact, they might be more inflated, due to the fact that they ramrodded the Association down our throats without a vote.

That was primarily about dues and positions, who's anyone trying to kid. And we can gripe about that forever but so what. All I care about personally is whether or not these people can secure us a good contract to warrant the investment we make in them?

That jury for now is still out?

WeAAsles said:
That was primarily about dues and positions, who's anyone trying to kid. And we can gripe about that forever but so what. All I care about personally is whether or not these people can secure us a good contract to warrant the investment we make in them?

That jury for now is still out?

I ain't got another 30 yrs to sit on this new jury!

Reactions: 3 people
Rogallo said:
I ain't got another 30 yrs to sit on this new jury!
I got 11 or 12 years left and after that I'm not going to even worry about what's going on in the courthouse anymore. Just going to sit under the Palm Trees at some little outdoor Cabana Bar sipping fruity beverages.

I'll keep concentrating on the future instead of a past that there's nothing I can do to change.

Rogallo said:
"In this bright future you can't forget your past."  Bob Marley :D
You're alright. You know that? Hope you do have some great plans for your future and they work out how you've planned them?

Always dream big bro.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Yes. But it doesn't matter anyway cause the Company still would have petitioned the court to end the benefit in BK anyway. So we still would have ended up exactly where we are today.
Not necessarily.

Anything negotiated in 2010 should have had a side letter on surviveability of a contract in S.1113.

That's something other unions and airlines have successfully done, and presence of such an agreement would have tipped the scales a lot farther in your favor had the company still pursued abrogation.

We'll probably have a front row seat to watching this happen now that Republic has filed for bankruptcy -- the IBT just agreed to a new contract in Oct 2015 that was intended to stave off a Ch.11 filing, but that wasn't enough to prevent it.

Time will tell if the company honors that agreement or not. My guess is yes, assuming the current management stays in place.

(Republic bankruptcy being discussed here --> http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/59637-republic-files-ch11/)

eolesen said:
Not necessarily.Anything negotiated in 2010 should have had a side letter on surviveability of a contract in S.1113.That's something other unions and airlines have successfully done, and presence of such an agreement would have tipped the scales a lot farther in your favor had the company still pursued abrogation.We'll probably have a front row seat to watching this happen now that Republic has filed for bankruptcy -- the IBT just agreed to a new contract in Oct 2015 that was intended to stave off a Ch.11 filing, but that wasn't enough to prevent it.Time will tell if the company honors that agreement or not. My guess is yes, assuming the current management stays in place.(Republic bankruptcy being discussed here --> http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/59637-republic-files-ch11/)
Can you please tell us which unions and airlines, that had side letters on the survival ability of their contracts in bankruptcy? ??

We had a section 1113 letter in chapter 11 part one, they are worthless and we were forced to give more concessions .

WeAAsles said:
You're alright. You know that? Hope you do have some great plans for your future and they work out how you've planned them?

Always dream big bro.

xUT said:

It's good being retired.... :p

I am anxiously awaiting the day I can hang up the wrenches!

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts