Will alpa @ nwa gladly cross another picket line?

So you are saying Delta management put into place a
poorly structured pension plan with lump sum payments
being the reason. Why is this ok when the "executives"
at major companies leave and take the lump sum payout,
ie Richard Anderson and in due time Dougie.
Dougie just cashed out his $9million and yet he wants the F/As to take the worst of the worst contracts. Tell me finman, why is this fair to all the unions who have given given given till the employees of these companies dont have a pot to p!ss in? If the execs are gonna steal from the employees, then they should NOT be taken their lump sum sh!t cases full of green stuff. it is absolutely unfair and unrealistic. and you wonder why AMFA is on strike and that is just oart of the reason for it.

The pilots were never going to honor an AMFA picket line. They had already taken a 15% interim pay cut, and were on board for more to save the airline. They had a lot more sophisticated and realistic approach to this situation, and were not going to let a rogue union that was out of touch with reality bring down their career. Thankfully, the rest of the unions at the company (and a significant number of AMFA insiders) felt the same way.

A more realistic quid pro quo was that NWA needed to ensure the pilot pension plan was protected in order for ALPA to ratify the current agreement. I very much doubt the AMFA situation had anything to do with these developments.

After all this time you still don't get it. The company had only one thing in mind when it was negotiating (in bad faith) with the AMFA...kill the union. The company knew that the AMFA membership would never agree to the furlough of 2,000 jobs. Couple that with the company's demand of a 25% pay/benefit reduction and it was guaranteed not to pass. Besides they had the strike replacements in place...over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over with you! The pilots!!PPllleeeaaaasseeee! They negotiate a back door stock option that doesn't apply to any other group on the property.
So you are "thankful" that a bunch of SCABS and a milktoast IAM union and the primadonna pilots saved YOUR job? If the F/A group goes out I hope you sorry NEW position is the next one on the chopping block as your precious company makes "the cuts necessary to insure the future of the airline". (Quote by Dougie).

The pilots were never going to honor an AMFA picket line. They had already taken a 15% interim pay cut, and were on board for more to save the airline. They had a lot more sophisticated and realistic approach to this situation, and were not going to let a rogue union that was out of touch with reality bring down their career. Thankfully, the rest of the unions at the company (and a significant number of AMFA insiders) felt the same way.

A more realistic quid pro quo was that NWA needed to ensure the pilot pension plan was protected in order for ALPA to ratify the current agreement. I very much doubt the AMFA situation had anything to do with these developments.
ALPA would cross anyones picket line, not just AMFA. So is the airline "saved" yet finny? The last quarter say's different, spin it how you wish. It also looks like the F/A's might not be on board to "save the airline" while management enriches themselves. I guess time will tell if the have they have the stones to walk. I sure hope they do. ;)

How was AMFA a rogue union finny? Because they didn't put their tail up in the air when Dougie said "here it comes"? The former NWA laid off over 47% of its mechanics before the strike, then they wanted to lay off another 53% of whats left in the concession package they deemed so necessary. AMFA offered a 16% paycut, 20% out of pocket for medical, but none of it was enough for the Scab Air management thugs.

Scab Air management and Dougie Stealin' simply wanted revenge for the 1998 AMFA industry leading contract, and the major fight it took to get it. It was simply a personal vendetta. One just needs to remember the infamous management quote during negotiations at the time: "You all need to know your place in society". That reverberated to all airline workers on how Scab Air regards its employees, it was not forgotten. The situation has only gotten much, much, worse. I still have to laugh at Stealin's hollow attempt to make labor peace....WHAT A DUMBA$$ YOU ARE Dougie!!! Its OVER!!!

To my personal ex-NWA friends and also myself, Scab Air is no longer a viable employer, and no place to consider a career. Scab Air is sinking, and its sinking quickly. The workforce is demoralized, Scab Air aircraft are junk and dangerous, and you have scabs and China "maintaining" them. Greedy POS management continues to line their pockets, while choking the workers for more, more, more. How long do you surmise this will continue and Scab Air survive? NOT LONG :shock: :up:

...To my personal ex-NWA friends and also myself, Scab Air is no longer a viable employer, and no place to consider a career. Scab Air is sinking, and its sinking quickly. The workforce is demoralized, Scab Air aircraft are junk and dangerous, and you have scabs and China "maintaining" them....

They've still got their cheering section Hackman. The SCABS, the management, the pilots and even some media. They'll keep singin the praises of Dougie Steenland and nwa till the boat goes over the falls.

The IAM will never support amfa, but they should support the AFA, or at least I hope they would.

And what did your TWU do when APFA went on strike?

The IAM will never support amfa, but they should support the AFA, or at least I hope they would.

One of the favored slogans is "The union is you". In fact dont you often follow that line when your coworkers criticize the IAM? I realize that you are USAIR and NWA is the carrier where the dispute is but you are still IAM, surely your union has discussed whats going on there havent they? After all "An injury to one is an injury to all". Well if the union is you why do you refer to the IAM as "they"? Will your union support the flight attendants or not?

As far as the TWU, as I've said many times before, with the TWU you pay dues, but that does not mean that we have a union. The TWU is a company union, financed by and controlled by American Airlines (Jim Little spent many years in AA management prior to becoming a TWU officer).

Let's face it...the unions that are left on property at NW are an embarrassment to the labor movement.

I recall a striking mechanic telling me of how he was standing on the picket line when other employees were driving into work yelling "we support you guys".

Q: Is that why they crossed the AMFA picket line?

Anyone who is willing to honestly look at the NW employee situations can see beau ceau duplicity. I will also go so far as to say that anyone who is maintaining the belief that a career at NW is worth hanging onto need rethink his/her employment situation.

Let's face it...the unions that are left on property at NW are an embarrassment to the labor movement.

I recall a striking mechanic telling me of how he was standing on the picket line when other employees were driving into work yelling "we support you guys".

Q: Is that why they crossed the AMFA picket line?

Anyone who is willing to honestly look at the NW employee situations can see beau ceau duplicity. I will also go so far as to say that anyone who is maintaining the belief that a career at NW is worth hanging onto need rethink his/her employment situation.
Necrophilias, well said!

but they should

at least I hope they would

Therein lies the crux of the problem. Support for unionism should be without question. As long as 'WE' allow and SUPPORT division then unionism has no future.

UT

Therein lies the crux of the problem. Support for unionism should be without question. As long as 'WE' allow and SUPPORT division then unionism has no future.

UT

By way of claification I fully advocate SCABS becoming followers of "the prophet" Mohammed and engaging in unprotected gay sex acts. That thar wuhl make 'em feel down home again. :)