Will JB Buy Any Of Flyi's assets at IAD?

AA191

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
Very simple topic....Will JB buy Flyi's assets at IAD (the gates)? Obviously, the airline is not interested in 50 seater Bombardier aircraft -but oh how those gates sound attractive.

Very simple topic....Will JB buy Flyi's assets at IAD (the gates)? Obviously, the airline is not interested in 50 seater Bombardier aircraft -but oh how those gates sound attractive.

FlyI's gates in the A concourse won't fit anything JetBlue flies. And the gates in the B concourse are probably not theirs to begin with, only leased. I wouldn't be shocked to see JetBlue pick up some B gates if/when FlyI goes under, but they'll be from the airport authority, not FlyI.

FlyI's gates in the A concourse won't fit anything JetBlue flies. And the gates in the B concourse are probably not theirs to begin with, only leased. I wouldn't be shocked to see JetBlue pick up some B gates if/when FlyI goes under, but they'll be from the airport authority, not FlyI.

I heard JB was getting all 13 of the new gates being built at Terminal B.

I heard JB was getting all 13 of the new gates being built at Terminal B.

That wouldn't surprise me either. They wouldn't be from FLYI, though. I believe FLYI only owns the A gates (I could be very wrong about this), but those gates aren't suitable for JBLU's aircraft.

Latest posts