Will JetBlue A320 pilots ask for union representation if Neeleman exchanges A320 routes for Embraer

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 7/28/2003 3:47:56 PM AAplanesareold wrote:

Wouldn't limits on bidding and a lower pay scale (see original Embraer announcement on this or JetBlue's website), for all effects and purposes, create a separate pilot group?

I mean, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, acts like a duck...by golly, it is a duck!!!
9.gif

----------------​

A lower pay scale does not make a seperat pilot group. An A320 pilot at U makes less than an A330 pilot, but they are all the same pilot group. At UAL I know there are restrictions on bidding from one aircraft to another (a two year lock in I believe), so that does not make you a seperate pilot group.

As long as the pilots can move from one fleet to another, they are the same pilot group, no matter what the restrictions are. When and if JetBlue completely seperates them, and does not allow any cross bidding, I would agree with you.

----------------
On 7/28/2003 4:34:38 PM B6Busdriver wrote:

----------------
On 7/28/2003 9:53:01 AM AAplanesareold wrote:

----------------
On 7/28/2003 9:35:14 AM Diesel8 wrote:

While you may have been laughing, the finacial community was not, the offering was snapped up and the stock price is still up there.

----------------​

We'll see where the stock price goes when labor unrest rears it's ugly head at JetBlue. If JetBlue pilots agree on union representation; I am dead certain that the stock price will go south in a hurry.
14.gif

----------------​
Gee ya think? Man you're brilliant!

----------------​

Brilliant enough too know that an Embraer RJ, isn't even close to the comfort of an Airbus. No matter what your fearless leader says to the press or the crewmembers.

But hey, you seem to fly for JetBlue. You should know by now that Neeleman is never wrong. Yeah right!
3.gif

AA says:
Brilliant enough too know that an Embraer RJ, isn't even close to the comfort of an Airbus. No matter what your fearless leader says to the press or the crewmembers.

But hey, you seem to fly for JetBlue. You should know by now that Neeleman is never wrong. Yeah right!
3.gif

----------------
Have you been on an EMB190 before? Do you bother to investigate the facts before you start typing? Didn't think so.
Fact: The seats on the EMB190 will be slightly wider then the A320.
Fact: There will be no middle seats.
Fact: The aisle will be slightly wider the the Airbus.
Fact: The cabin ceiling will be 6'7".
Fact: This isn't an rj, it can fly darn near cross country.
Fact: Contrary to the garbage you post on the Delta board there will be sufficient overhead space for rollerboards.

----------------
On 7/28/2003 8:58:03 PM Diesel8 wrote:

crosssection.gif

----------------​

Wow! What a comfortable plane! It looks like the inside of a toothpaste tube! The overhead bins are HUGE!!! You can stuff a newborn midget up there!

No wonder David Neeleman is so impressed with this aircraft!

Give me a break!
10.gif

----------------
On 7/29/2003 7:51:06 AM Diesel8 wrote:

In comparison to the F-100:

jetxsect.gif

----------------​

Diesel8:

The point I am trying to make with the Embraer (the F-100 shown above is not much of an improvement either), is that it doesn't come close to the comfort level of an A320 aircraft. Why is something that is so obvious, so difficult for you to comprehend?

I do assume that you are allowed independent thought. Or do you have to repeat word for word everything that comes out of David Neeleman's mouth? If David had chosen ERJ-145's (which are extremely uncomfortable and claustrophobic, trust me on this one), would you still claim how comfortable they are if that's what David says? Or are you afraid of the repurcussions if you speak your mind freely?
10.gif

Shhhh, yes that it, the thought police is monitoring me.

Nah, just think you are silly. The EMB-190 is a brand new airplane, it does not compare to the ERJ-145. You have a preconceived notion, about what it is going to be like, which I find interesting.

The F-100 has been used with succes by AMR and quite a few companies in EU. It is meant as a short haul airplane, which compared to a regular RJ is a step above.

----------------
On 7/29/2003 8:28:35 AM Diesel8 wrote:

Shhhh, yes that it, the thought police is monitoring me.

Nah, just think you are silly. The EMB-190 is a brand new airplane, it does not compare to the ERJ-145. You have a preconceived notion, about what it is going to be like, which I find interesting.

The F-100 has been used with succes by AMR and quite a few companies in EU. It is meant as a short haul airplane, which compared to a regular RJ is a step above.

----------------​

My only preconceived notion, is that the Embraer 190 is not as comfortable or passenger friendly as an Airbus A320. For Neeleman to say otherwise, is just hogwash.

Having said that, I'm sure it will be much better than the ERJ-145. Anything is more comfortable than that flying tube!

I also agree that the F-100 is better than most other regional jets, in regards to comfort. They are a #### to maintain though.
10.gif

AAplanesareold says:

My only preconceived notion, is that the Embraer 190 is not as comfortable or passenger friendly as an Airbus A320. For Neeleman to say otherwise, is just hogwash.

----------------

For you to say otherwise is hogwash. Look at the pics and read the facts.

Putting your egos aside, can you guys admit that you're discussing opinions based on speculation. Having said that considering the information presented to me by the drawings and photographs, I'd speculate that I'd find the Embraer preferable to the Airbus, considering eqivalent pitch.

No middle seat, wider seats and more linear foot of overhead space per passenger.

AA,

A couple of thoughts, first I've flown as a passenger in almost every type of commercial aircraft in service today. Perhaps my worst experience (for lack of comfort and room) was flying coach in a DAL 777. One would think that a big airplane like that would allow more room on the inside. But as we all should know the exterior dimensions of an airplane do not always equate to amount of room one will find on the interior.

With that said the EMB-190 is certainly not as big as an A320 in every dimension with regard to internal comfort, but it doesn't have to be. For the vast majority of passengers who'll park their butts in those planes, they will compare it to the competition, which will be flying true RJs with cigarette tubes and 50-70 seats. Based on that perspective I think you'd agree that this will give most folks a much better experience, and RELATIVELY more room and comfort., a la the A320.

Status
Not open for further replies.