WN Mechanics seek mediation

You're right. Three good guys that step up to want to make a difference and we let them down. It's a hell of a lot easier to dump oil and slap Mel stickers on.
I have concluded we are going to keep what we have people are too apathetic, heck we can't get enough people to replace an ALR, everyone talks a good game but no one wants to do anything. So complaining just becomes complaining. AMFA might set a record for contract negotiations. But in their defense and every other union. Including Teamsters when I was a steward, you are lucky people even want to serve!

You get notice by mail that an election is taking place. It takes about 2 minutes to cast a vote. Over 80% chuck it in the trash. No religion, or sacrificing time with family, friends, or hobby''s required. Sad state of affairs and the company knows it!
If I didn’t take the time to vote on a position or issue I believe I’ve forfeited my right to complain and I don’t believe the company cares. As with non-union Delta, our management only cares if I’m on time, work safely, productively, and non-abusive of sick time.

If I didn’t take the time to vote on a position or issue I believe I’ve forfeited my right to complain and I don’t believe the company cares. As with non-union Delta, our management only cares if I’m on time, work safely, productively, and non-abusive of sick time.
So on a serious note, do you think we can reach a T/A in 2018, or do you think it will go past that. I remember people complaining after the 2009 contract, and not much became of that. I really don't think AMFA is going anywhere. It would be nice if we could get observers back in.

So on a serious note, do you think we can reach a T/A in 2018, or do you think it will go past that. I remember people complaining after the 2009 contract, and not much became of that. I really don't think AMFA is going anywhere. It would be nice if we could get observers back in.
Everyone knows this has to end, sooner not later. Absolutely no union change but mutiny with the current leadership if no progress is made. BTW, my position on issues are not as cynical toward the company as most, as with the exception of a few individuals, overall management is not gunning for my job.

They care about a lot more than that. Cutting your sick time in half, more outsourcing, closing maintenance stations at will, gutting your job security language, and of course keeping the over 5 year pay freeze going.

Everyone knows this has to end, sooner not later. Absolutely no union change but mutiny with the current leadership if no progress is made. BTW, my position on issues are not as cynical toward the company as most, as with the exception of a few individuals, overall management is not gunning for my job.
If the membership is presented with a hollowed out t/a, absolutely a union change is possible. Increasing outsourcing is another way of saying," gunning for my job".

You know birdman, I have seen AMFA drift since 2003. If people do their job, no one is coming after you. When you don't open O2 bottles and crunch thrust reversers with leading edges that's what they worry about.

Members of the Transport Workers Union have asked President Trump to stop what they say is the unsafe outsourcing of airplane maintenance jobs to other countries.

The union staged a protest in Times Square on Wednesday over American Airlines new $100 million investment in a new maintenance facility in Brazil and its failure to reach a deal with TWU workers.

“American Airlines, which is making billions of dollars a year in profits, is investing $100 million to build a new aircraft maintenance facility – in Brazil,” the union said in a letter to Trump. “Bring American Airlines back to America.”

The protest is outside of the Times Square Tower, where the union has been holding tense contractnegotiations with American Airlines. So far, the sides have been unable to reach any agreements.

The rally includes hundreds of baggage handlers, pilots, and flight attendants from around the United States who are worried about losing their jobs to workers in other countries.

http://nyp.st/2xOPCow

5CCDD818-ECAE-451F-A65B-FADA580C370C.jpeg

Last edited:
I would tend to agree with you, if we get past spring into the summer, and there is still nothing being produced, there will be replacement of the people in charge, just like the F/ A s did, but I don't think we will fail like they did to replace their representatives. Which means unless we come to an agreement after the replacement of the negotiating committee, it will drive an agreement not until maybe first of 2019.

NewThe twin-bay wide-body hangar will house the airline’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, which are the largest twin-jet aircraft in use today and consequently feature the biggest diameter turbofan engines of any commercial airliner. The new hangar will provide a state-of-the-art environment in which extensive heavy maintenance can be performed, up to and including engine and landing gear replacements.

http://www.aaoutsourcing.com/

1) Delta $49.36
2) United $47.53
3) American/US Airways $47.31
4) Alaska $ 46.74
5) Jet Blue $44.12
6) Southwest $43.89
7) Spirit $40.38
8) Hawaiian $39.00
9) Frontier $33.52
10) Allegiant $32.57

1) Delta $49.36
2) United $47.53
4) Alaska $ 46.74
5) Jet Blue $44.12
6) Southwest $43.89
7) Spirit $40.38
8) Hawaiian $39.00
9) Frontier $33.52
10) Allegiant $32.57
Means if we ever bought Hawaiian those guys, would get a nice raise , American gets a raise without a new contract, Delta has it made no dues to pay, and they just ride on everyone coat tails. And we just seem to drift around and fight and argue.

Birdman, has anyone heard how the co. RS's are going? I did hear that the company is getting drilled on why we are not being offered full retro. Maybe they will get the point after their RS's? Yea right...

Last edited:
Birdman, has anyone heard how the co. RS's are going? I did hear that the company is getting drilled on why we are being offered full retro. Maybe they will get the point after their RS's? Yea right...

Who’s getting full retro?
Who’s grilling your company?
Did you make a typo?
Don’t you think Mitch McConnel looks like a turtle?

1) Delta $49.36
2) United $47.53
4) Alaska $ 46.74
5) Jet Blue $44.12
6) Southwest $43.89
7) Spirit $40.38
8) Hawaiian $39.00
9) Frontier $33.52
10) Allegiant $32.57

swamt just popped over again and went off on another full frontal assault tirade against the Association and the TWU so here I am again.

So Chip Diller, here you’re saying that currently AA guys are earning in base wages around $7,000 more per year than AMFA Members at SWA? And they have more Aircraft Mechanics too?

Well let’s see? We got an Apple and we got an Orange. Both are fruits, both can be tasty and both are good for you. Not always about comparing the Apple to the Orange as much as it’s just which one you might like better over the other sometimes. Just have to hope the fruit you want hasn’t gone rotten?

Latest posts