WN Mechanics seek mediation

How's it going in Southwest Fairy land? I see there is still no contract. I guess the lawyers aren't finished leaching on that cash cow! Bahahaha!

This is good news for my fellow co-workers in Tulsa. Hopefully they can gain back some of the 884 title 1 mechanics lost since the middle of 2011.

That's what a rel Union does. Badass. Amfa standing on sidelines waiting for Federal lawsuit litigation. As always-Go Figure.

So is the TWU responsible for not only the loss of 884 mechanics since 2011 (Tulsa losses only) but the possible increase as a result from the GE engine work? And just curious, how many more mechanics are at WN since 2011?

Guess you dont realize what chapter 11 is?

Last time I checked the company loses jobs, not the union.

you have 2,700 mechanics for 700 planes, outsource more maintenance than any other major airline.

Funny thing, a coworker at WN gave his two week notice at AA the morning of November 29th 2011. He said everyone thought he was the smartest guy in town that morning. It took me till February of 2013 to wise up and decide I’d rather top out at $43 rather than $33. If you are comfortable working for an airline that doesn’t outsource the majority of its maintenance, receives historical concessions from its union, and still lays off thousands of mechanics then be my guest. BTW, those are some bragging rights over an airline that has never layed off a single mechanic in its history while outsourcing the majority of its maintenance and has a superior contract that will never be matched. I think I made a good decision.

So is the TWU responsible for not only the loss of 884 mechanics since 2011 (Tulsa losses only) but the possible increase as a result from the GE engine work? And just curious, how many more mechanics are at WN since 2011?
Well with Airtran merger gained about 400, from that. And since then have hired about 150, more, and they eventually want 1000 aircraft, so looking to hire more.

Funny thing, a coworker at WN gave his two week notice at AA the morning of November 29th 2011. He said everyone thought he was the smartest guy in town that morning. It took me till February of 2013 to wise up and decide I’d rather top out at $43 rather than $33. If you are comfortable working for an airline that doesn’t outsource the majority of its maintenance, receives historical concessions from its union, and still lays off thousands of mechanics then be my guest. BTW, those are some bragging rights over an airline that has never layed off a single mechanic in its history while outsourcing the majority of its maintenance and has a superior contract that will never be matched. I think I made a good decision.
It was a blessing in disguise when Midway folded up, and I was lucky enough for Southwest to hire me! :)

Latest posts